General Anime Discussion Thread

So I haven't been interested in any airing anime lately, as usually when I start one it ends up sucking (aside from Durarara! obviously, I still need to catch up on that). But I started watching Rokka no Yuusha, and while it is fairly generic all-around, they are doing the action/adventure anime stereotype really well so far! I've enjoyed it quite a bit and it looks very nice, some CGI for monsters, but that's forgivable. If you are interested in something that isn't a terribad romcom anime then try it out. It will probably have a underwhelming ending because it's only 12 episodes long, but hopefully they will either do it right, or have a 2nd season to finish it off or something. Who knows, my bar has been set really low as of late.

I've been getting into anime a bit recently but I've kinda run out of things to watch... And nothing of the recent stuff is really appealing to me too much.
Anyone got any suggestions on what I should take a gander at? I'll go for anything tbh.

I've been getting into anime a bit recently but I've kinda run out of things to watch... And nothing of the recent stuff is really appealing to me too much.
Anyone got any suggestions on what I should take a gander at? I'll go for anything tbh.

This has always been a good list. Everything I've seen off of it I have greatly enjoyed.

latest

The first episode of One Punch Man leaked a few days ago. While the quality is low and the translation is hilariously sub-par, Madhouse definitely hit the mark and impressed me with their adaptation of the manga. I'm looking forward to the official HD October release.

Alright, I can confirm that Rokka no Yuusha was fun to watch, and lead (almost) perfectly into a 2nd season. If you are interested in a fantasy mystery who-dun-it, fun (albeit fairly stereotypical) characters, and cool action, give it a try.

This'll please Brantbren. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Part IV: Diamond Is Unbreakable TV anime has been announced. Crunchyroll states "More details will be announced in Ultra Jump and the series site on November 19th."

This'll please Brantbren. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Part IV: Diamond Is Unbreakable TV anime has been announced. Crunchyroll states "More details will be announced in Ultra Jump and the series site on November 19th."
361.png

My.
Body.
Is.
Ready.
For.
Space.
Dandy.
To.
Fight.
David.
Bowie.
(I'll see y'all on the Hype Train)

Last edited:
And with another surprise anime announcement, Full Metal Panic is getting another season, of some kind. Here's hoping it's a good one and not some shitty spin off (Fumoffo was great btw).

And with another surprise anime announcement, Full Metal Panic is getting another season, of some kind. Here's hoping it's a good one and not some shitty spin off (Fumoffo was great btw).

That is the BEST news I have heard in a really long time... Hopefully. We'll see what comes of it.

So, the BASED gods known as MADMAN are having a massive sale at the moment, and I managed to snag some massive bargains.

Madman Insane Sale.png
Madman Insane Sale 2.png

It's a shame that K-On! Volume 3 and Gundam 00 Second Season Collection were out of stock, but I'll make do with what I've got. If anyone can get past the annoying obsticle of region encoding and would like to pick up some quality anime due to the exchange rate differential (USD - AUD), I'd take a look at what MADMAN are offering here.

One thing that I didn't pick up because I already own it was the FLCL (Fooly Cooly) Blu-Ray for $15, which is an absolute steal.

So, my order finally arrived, and let me say this; It is undoubtedly glorious!

First I saw this mysterious package:
12240082_10207453106501807_2467164618129231609_n.jpg

Then through the use of a magical device known only as a "Box Cutter", I opened the package to find a marvelous site:
12219631_10207453104901767_411793805654071339_n.jpg

But wait, there's more!
12243333_10207453104541758_9041046980288375261_n.jpg

Back