6th Generation of Pokémon, Pokémon X and Y Announced for 3DS

Crogenitor_Mario

Pok%C3%A9mon_XY_logo.png

So at today's Nintendo Direct, Satoru Iwata himself made the announcement of Pokémon X Version and Pokémon Y Version, both for 3DS. The new games, which will get released worldwide in October of this year, will have new Pokémon, a new region likely based on France, and completely 3D graphics.
The trailer, showing the new graphics, starter Pokémon, battles, and likely the new version mascots:
The starter Pokémon:
Chespin, the Grass-type starter:
83px-Chespin.png

Fennekin, the Fire-type starter:
81px-Fennekin.png

Froakie, the Water-type starter:
114px-Froakie.png

The new version mascots (?):
Version X mascot:
XY_Prerelease_deer.png

XY_Prerelease_deer_head.png

Version Y mascot:
XY_bird.jpg

XY_Prerelease_bird_head.jpg

Credit goes to Bulbapedia for pictures.

Yeah...
No.
Im not going to spend 300 bucks for a 3DS just to play a gane thatll probably be like the last.

Looks interesting, Kinda wish I had a DS to try it, But I don't want to spend money on something what I probably wont use a lot

Yeah...
No.
Im not going to spend 300 bucks for a 3DS just to play a gane thatll probably be like the last.

This thread is about the discussion of the new Pokémon games, not whining about how 5th Generation wasn't 1st Generation. Take your Gen I fanboying off this thread. (Yes, I'm on the rude mood right now.)

Looks interesting, Kinda wish I had a DS to try it, But I don't want to spend money on something what I probably wont use a lot

The games are NOT released for DS, they are 3DS only.

So, what do you guys think about the starters? Froakie is my favorite right now (I won't comment much until we see their final evolutions though.).

I really think you cannot make 'I hate this' judgements on a game that's only just been announced.
That aside, I am really liking the Pokemon stadium style battle scenes. Helll these are even better, as it's actual Pokemon interaction at times rather than one sided animations, and the camera movement is much smoother.

Yeah...
No.
Im not going to spend 300 bucks for a 3DS just to play a game thatll probably be like the last.
More like 150, but whatever.
This thread is about the discussion of the new Pokémon games, not whining about how 5th Generation wasn't 1st Generation. Take your Gen I fanboying off this thread. (Yes, I'm on the rude mood right now.)
How was what he said anything close to that? Relax your flaps.

As for the game itself, I choose not to look at much about it. I don't have a 3DS, and I don't plan to get one just for a few games. Therefore I don't want to get myself wanting a game I cannot have.

So, what do you guys think about the starters? Froakie is my favorite right now (I won't comment much until we see their final evolutions though.).
Im just upset its on the 3ds thats all.

Sorry, I meant a 3DS. :) And yeah, Froakie looks pretty awesome to be honest (I judge pokemon on their looks, Please don't hate :c)

Which are you gonna pick up, X or Y?

Sorry, I meant a 3DS. :) And yeah, Froakie looks pretty awesome to be honest (I judge pokemon on their looks, Please don't hate :c)

Which are you gonna pick up, X or Y?

I'm thinking about getting Y, because that Y bird looks amazing. Probably my new favorite legendary. Of course, that also depends on version exclusives.

Pok%C3%A9mon_XY_logo.png

So at today's Nintendo Direct, Satoru Iwata himself made the announcement of Pokémon X Version and Pokémon Y Version, both for 3DS. The new games, which will get released worldwide in October of this year, will have new Pokémon, a new region likely based on France, and completely 3D graphics.
The trailer, showing the new graphics, starter Pokémon, battles, and likely the new version mascots:
The starter Pokémon:
Chespin, the Grass-type starter:
83px-Chespin.png

Fennekin, the Fire-type starter:
81px-Fennekin.png

Froakie, the Water-type starter:
114px-Froakie.png

The new version mascots (?):
Version X mascot:
XY_Prerelease_deer.png

XY_Prerelease_deer_head.png

Version Y mascot:
XY_bird.jpg

XY_Prerelease_bird_head.jpg

Credit goes to Bulbapedia for pictures.
The only reason I am considering getting this is because it reminds me of Pokemon Colosseum. I really enjoyed the 3d pokemon battle type games. But for some reason I hate those semi-3d pokemon games...

...... So, I need a 3DS and both of these. Nintendo, y u gotta keep raping mah wallet? :<

On a side note, I'm actually excited for these. To me, Pokemon will never get old, and the revamped look to the battle system looks incredible.

Dat goofy running animation. :sick:

Eh, I may or may not get this. I'm still not sure if I want to get a 3DS just yet.

Back