• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

A "Minor Inconvenience"

quazymoodo

There appears to be an inconvenient option currently added/restored in mumble which I feel extremely prejudiced by:

The ">18 Only" option.

I thought that (until broken) ">18 to talk" was good enough for those who were highly against those people with "squeaky annoying voices". Well, not everyone under the age of 18 is "annoying" and has a "squeaky voice". I we're gonna' have to live with this, then I would like to propose an option for us that are under the age of 18:

An "<18 Only" option.

Blahblahit'sawasteoftime-- NO.

I would probably use it if I wanted to get away from others that have "annoying voices" or are "offensive". It's not that I have anything against them, I just think it would be fair.

Feel free to post whatever below. Be prepared for replies, good or bad.

There is the lovely [Private] and [Talk Whitelist] options...throwing that out there.

As a member of the elite >18 club... I agree with this...

We can make an <18 Only room called "Playground" :D - sorry <3

There is the lovely [Private] and [Talk Whitelist] options...throwing that out there.
Same could be said towards the use of >18

Originally Woot planned to put in a custom age option of older or younger than whatever age you desire, when he first came up with doing the custom rooms. I'm not sure what changed that.

Originally Woot planned to put in a custom age option of older or younger than whatever age you desire, when he first came up with doing the custom rooms. I'm not sure what changed that.
The ability to just mute people individually?

Also, keep in mind, any real developmental aspects of the website, and resulting services, that are not reactionary(fixing broken shit), will probably have to wait a fair bit of time... Team9000 Across America and all...

There appears to be an inconvenient option currently added/restored in mumble which I feel extremely prejudiced by:

The ">18 Only" option.

I thought that (until broken) ">18 to talk" was good enough for those who were highly against those people with "squeaky annoying voices". Well, not everyone under the age of 18 is "annoying" and has a "squeaky voice". I we're gonna' have to live with this, then I would like to propose an option for us that are under the age of 18:

An "<18 Only" option.

Blahblahit'sawasteoftime-- NO.

I would probably use it if I wanted to get away from others that have "annoying voices" or are "offensive". It's not that I have anything against them, I just think it would be fair.

Feel free to post whatever below. Be prepared for replies, good or bad.

What about those age=18?

Nonono. That was my response. As in, the ability to individually mute people you don't like talking trumped the ability to blanket mute particular age groups.
That isn't even possible, actually. You can whitelist people, for talking or joining, but you can only blacklist people for joining, not just for talking.

Actual muting currently doesn't work.

Back