Anime?! Anime!

HOTD is good at some point, but with time it's really just about boobs and less about the story itself, sadly the series stopped.... NOT BECAUSE OF THE BOOBS OF COURSE!!! :mad:

If you (or anyone) is still searching for some decent anime to view, you should check out this thread. It's an anime meagthread on Starmen.net. A lot of the people on there have suggested loads and loads of anime/manga I've never even heard of before. As always, it's a mixed bag in there; some people actually like decent things while others somehow can enjoy utter abominations (I'm looking at you, One Piece & Naruto.) With that in mind, I think I might watch Metropolis or Paranoia Agent, as those seem relevant to my interest.

I would say to try Casshern Sins (coming from me big freaking surprise, just look at my avatar the last four times).

Just watch the first episode, the point of it is to be lost and confused much like the main character at the moment. If it makes you curious for how the rest of the series is gonna play out and who these people are, then continue. If it makes you ultra confused and frustrated, then stop watching because if you continue you're probably just gonna get madder at it.

The setting is a post apocalyptic word where about 99% of the characters are robots (based on what you said earlier, you don't want Giant Robots. Well the robots here are basically the sentient lifeforms and the important ones kinda resemble humans.) and humanity has more or less died off, due to the now poisonous atmosphere. I can't tell you much about the main character, Casshern, without spoiling things so I'll be brief. Basically he's just roaming the wasteland that is Earth trying to figure out the purpose of his existence and why he possess immortality, while everything else around him dies. Most of the supporting characters, and the villains, are explained later on.

Despite the fact that I love this show, I do see why someone might hate it. If you watch it, don't expect many BIG EPIC SHOWDOWNS. I'm not saying that there isn't fighting, I'm just saying don't except the fighting to be Bleach or Dragon Ball Z proportion. Plus, Casshern is an unstoppable killing machine, so usually when he fights he takes down the enemy with ease, despite the fact his character doesn't want to fight. Also, the main characters have a tendency to jump 60 ft in the air for fights, this ins't explained why in the show but since it's a reboot of a show made in the 1970's it might be paying homage to that. That and Casshern has two "things" on his waist which were used as basically a jet pack, so that might be why. But probably the biggest complain I hear is that it's too boring. Which is understandable, it's a little slow paced, especially for having 24 Episodes (because I now that's a concern you had), but it picks up in the last few episodes. I just feel that if you know the pace of the show before jumping into it you'd be a little better off.

With all that said you're probably wondering, "Then why the f**k do you even watch it?" The thing that hooked me into it was the first episode, I was so intrigued to find out where this was all headed and as I watched it everything kinda pieced together. Also it was cool to watch a show where the point of it was to feel the experience of an adventure and to experience one that is full of emotion. Seriously dude like after every episode I feel like shit, episode 9 was probably the best example of this, but in a good way. To be honest though, I don't know why I like this show so much, I think it might be that it was the first anime I watched that wasn't just straight up action or action oriented (with the exception of Death Note of course). It was mostly the main character's interactions with others in a post apocalyptic world, which is my favorite setting.

So with this f*****g essay that I wrote for you, I'd be happy if you at least skimmed it. And if you already tried/actually watched before then hopefully this popped the idea into someone else's mind.

Boy that's alot of reading....

I would say to try Casshern Sins (coming from me big freaking surprise, just look at my avatar the last four times).

Just watch the first episode, the point of it is to be lost and confused much like the main character at the moment. If it makes you curious for how the rest of the series is gonna play out and who these people are, then continue. If it makes you ultra confused and frustrated, then stop watching because if you continue you're probably just gonna get madder at it.

The setting is a post apocalyptic word where about 99% of the characters are robots (based on what you said earlier, you don't want Giant Robots. Well the robots here are basically the sentient lifeforms and the important ones kinda resemble humans.) and humanity has more or less died off, due to the now poisonous atmosphere. I can't tell you much about the main character, Casshern, without spoiling things so I'll be brief. Basically he's just roaming the wasteland that is Earth trying to figure out the purpose of his existence and why he possess immortality, while everything else around him dies. Most of the supporting characters, and the villains, are explained later on.

Despite the fact that I love this show, I do see why someone might hate it. If you watch it, don't expect many BIG EPIC SHOWDOWNS. I'm not saying that there isn't fighting, I'm just saying don't except the fighting to be Bleach or Dragon Ball Z proportion. Plus, Casshern is an unstoppable killing machine, so usually when he fights he takes down the enemy with ease, despite the fact his character doesn't want to fight. Also, the main characters have a tendency to jump 60 ft in the air for fights, this ins't explained why in the show but since it's a reboot of a show made in the 1970's it might be paying homage to that. That and Casshern has two "things" on his waist which were used as basically a jet pack, so that might be why. But probably the biggest complain I hear is that it's too boring. Which is understandable, it's a little slow paced, especially for having 24 Episodes (because I now that's a concern you had), but it picks up in the last few episodes. I just feel that if you know the pace of the show before jumping into it you'd be a little better off.

With all that said you're probably wondering, "Then why the f**k do you even watch it?" The thing that hooked me into it was the first episode, I was so intrigued to find out where this was all headed and as I watched it everything kinda pieced together. Also it was cool to watch a show where the point of it was to feel the experience of an adventure and to experience one that is full of emotion. Seriously dude like after every episode I feel like shit, episode 9 was probably the best example of this, but in a good way. To be honest though, I don't know why I like this show so much, I think it might be that it was the first anime I watched that wasn't just straight up action or action oriented (with the exception of Death Note of course). It was mostly the main character's interactions with others in a post apocalyptic world, which is my favorite setting.

So with this f*****g essay that I wrote for you, I'd be happy if you at least skimmed it. And if you already tried/actually watched before then hopefully this popped the idea into someone else's mind.

Boy that's alot of reading....
I was going to watch Casshern Sins, but I always was tired and fell asleep after watching Deadman Wonderland, which was decent for what I saw of it. Anyways, I might make an effort to watch it the next time I get a chance.

Someone created a new anime thread and I posted something so I thought I'd copy it over here:
As much as I want to avoid sounding like hipster scum, most of what has been mentioned are pretty damn mainstream. Especially Narutard.
And moving on, I hereby present a list of anime that I have watched:

<Insert Images from first post Here>

Yes, these are all linked from my first post in my thread. I'm suggesting ALL of them. In addition, I also reccommend the following which are relatively new and not listed in the above pictures:

Blood-C
Hyouka
Accel World
Kami no Puzzle

<Insert quote from Skryter here>

This guy knows what he's talking about. Watch the ones he mentioned. Especially the Fate ones. Look at my display pic. It's from Fate.

Priority List:

1) Fate/Stay Night
2) Fate/Zero
3) Code Geass (Both Season 1 and 2)
4) TTGL (Gurren Lagen should suffice here)
5) Bakemonogatari (Loosely translates to "Monster Stories")
6) Clannad (Also both seasons. And be sure to weep whilst watching.)
7) To Aru Majutsu no Index (English translation: "A Certain Magical Index")
8) NGE (Neon Genesis Evangelion. Far from a simple show, it fucks with your mind. Prepare your body.)
9) Full Metal Panic (This and Full Metal Panic Fumoffu. Fumoffu is for teh lulz. You WILL laugh.)
10) Hayate no Gotoku (idk it haz like 50~ish? episodes in the first season. Watch both seasons.)

These are the top ten I suggest. There's a mix of senseless humour, psychological stimuli, emotional, and well-thought out anime in there.

P.S. Though I may not have mentioned the popular FMA series in my list, it ranks pretty high on the list. Probably an 11.
(Heh, thats a pun btw, if you get it.)

I think Girls Bravo is stupidly funny. I watched all of them. No point at the end really, but still, good laughs along the way.

Just started watching "Hayate no Gotoku! Can't take my eyes off you (season 3)" and waiting for new episode of "Sword Art Online".

No idea why people hate Naruto / One Peice...although I do have have a strong dislike (but not hate!) of that 'stretchy'pirate and his weirdo mates...Naruto is quiet good though, providng ofc you can actually watch a story line episode and not some some flash-back/branch/histroical/"original anime story" guff that annoys everyone...

FMP is, if not the funniest, then pretty damn close to being the funniest anime I have ever watched. Of course, humour is unique and to each his own. But I hereby declare FMP to be the one anime EVERYONE should find funny. No exceptions. And anyone here who hasn't watched it has to watch it.

Back