Are we free?

Meh. I don't if you've read Macbeth before but the book heavily emphasizes if it be fate or free will that we walk our lives on. I think we can keep debating if this is so or not. I guarantee we're running on thin ice here because as we continue to discuss this, ideas will beg on different stance as my point of view differs from yours. I'm not entirely certain, maybe fate and freewill do coincide to make us the humans that we are to decide under governing. Maybe it's not and that one absolute choice or absolute fate exist independently from another and under conditions met, free will can take shape or fate based on a pressured world will influence thought of mind. It all depends on point of view I guess. I'm not sure anymore \_o_o_/
CONFUSION STRIKES IN THE HEART OF MANY

If on the concept of fate and free will, I do not care how my life is dictated by a higher being if such exists, as long as I have a feeling to change, that I can think to myself "I want to be a better person" and then be a better person, who cares if someone else made me into that through my(or their) work, I'm still a better person regardless.

If it's "I want to be a better person" and I literally can't do /anything/ to help myself, and this "fate" is controlling me to not be successful, then I'd be pissed.

CONFUSION STRIKES IN THE HEART OF MANY
Do you mean just the heart, the heart and mind, or the mind alone?

If on the concept of fate and free will, I do not care how my life is dictated by a higher being if such exists, as long as I have a feeling to change, that I can think to myself "I want to be a better person" and then be a better person, who cares if someone else made me into that through my(or their) work, I'm still a better person regardless.

If it's "I want to be a better person" and I literally can't do /anything/ to help myself, and this "fate" is controlling me to not be successful, then I'd be pissed.

So the concept of fate by which you are referring manifests itself in some form of deity or supernatural or subnatural creature?

Back