Assassin's Creed 4

Looking good as always it seems. I'm making a pirate themed game myself, with any luck AC4 might make pirates mainstream again. ^^

I never really understood the AC series... other than they keep changing the themes of the world like medieval/furry/gamer/hopskotch conventions.

I did play the first one... but its no where near as exciting or as hard as Tenchu.

Gawdamnit... I was rooting for the China setting.

What are you even supposed to climb in this one? Ship masts and rigging?

well, i just wish this would be better than AC2 revelation and 3 (i didnt play ac2 and brotherhood :/ i did play the ac2 but i didnt finish it), for me ACR and AC3 kinda disappointing; too short story, some of features in ac2 and ac deleted in ac3, yes they do have some things to be unlocked, but they didnt fix altair's robe -_- , deleted hidden gun and hidden hook (forget the name, u know the other things that ezio use as alternative of hidden blade in ACR) . After all i still like ac1 then other series, even we could kill templars and 9 target easily with counterkill-hidden blade, it still use strategy like.. using info to reaching target without detected, knowing archers position, planning escape way after kill the target, achieve somethings after killing target, etc. AC3 strategy? take musket, shoot the target; climb trees, assassinate the target, etc. -.-

AC2 was pretty awesome frostune...

well i heard that the brotherhood was cool, they have tank right? .-. maybe it because i play revelation first then play AC2 so i get bored already and thought that ac brotherhood will be just as same as acr lol..

I follow the AC series pretty closely and I've read into the lore and some background stories as well. I've enjoyed all of the Assassin's Creed games so far, particularly AC2 and AC Brotherhood. What piques my interest is not just the gameplay but the story behind this as well. Is this pre or post AC3? I'd assume post since they've being going through assassins chronologically. That then begs the question "Who is Edward Kenway?" Connor's child/grandchild/descendant? If so, why did he chosse to take the Kenway name? Nonetheless, I am buying this for sure.

*Did some reading, apparently Edward is Haytham's father*

Also, I am disappointed that they did not make an asian Assassin's Creed game. Not just China but probably Japan as well. Seriously, with Japan, the potential of combining ninjas, who are already assassins, with Assassins... Throwing knifes? Fuck dat, throwing STARS. Swords? KATANAS MUTHA FUCKAZ. Blending with the crowd? I'll melt into the shadows biatch.

Since the website is broken on my school laptop/tafe account and can't use quotes this is directed at Kon.

According to the Game Dev's Edward Kenway is Connors GrandFather, the game takes place during a failed pirate revolution which I think contrasts with Assassins Creed 3 as it takes place in a successful revolution.

Anyone else a little miffed about the speed which these games are being pumped out? I mean...AC3 came out nary 5mos ago, and they're announcing the sequel.

It'd be much better if these devs/publishers made games that had a main story arc that last longer than 8hrs, PLUS kept the same side-quest content. I guess it would be too much to ask to make fewer DLC, spread them farther out, and quit charging so goddamn much for a game, and for the extra content to boot. They're all going after the alimighty dollar at the expense of providing longer-lasting on-disc content and near blatant disregard for IP integrity.

Oh well...let's keep throwing our money at it...maybe that'll fix it...

Back