• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Auto-Mute/Kick on CAPITAL LETTERS and Spam?

Nomnom421

My idea which I’m sure has been brought up before is making Console automatically mute/kick players for a short but respectable amount of time. The parameters of the mute would be that console mutes anyone who uses more than 4+ capital words in one text line. I.E “WHY CANT WE USE CAPS” would obviously be muted. The positive effects of this would be great, after seeing how much time mods tell the guests to “Stop using caps”. Another, view could be that if console kicked/muted those who repeated the same letter 10 times in the same chat line. I.E “TTTTTTTTTTTTT” or the usual “oooooooooooooooo” would be an obvious kick/ban. I see these problems taking up time the moderators could be using to ban griefers, and much more productively. I understand this will take some programming, but if possible can be a great help to the community and to keep the chat from being constantly over flowed with non-sense.

Thanks so much.
NomNom421.

This is actually a really good idea. It could save up alot of mods time in the long run.

I think there already is a spam blocker on Classic. I remember trying it myself some time ago and it prevented me from typing for a few seconds. Honestly, I don't think it's too big of a deal to kick/ban chat spammers myself. It only takes a few keystrokes and it's not like it would take me away from any grief I may be checking out at that time.

But, if this could be implemented effectively (auto kick/ban for excessive chat spam) then I'm all for it.

This won't happen unless someone can invent more time so that woot can work on this along with all the other projects he is doing....

This won't happen unless someone can invent more time so that woot can work on this along with all the other projects he is doing....
Maybe woot should just stop working on his coding projects and start working on an artificial intelligence to code all of the stuff on team9000 for him. I mean, If you can't invent more time, invent more woots.

Also, SKYNET.

Having our very own Ambassador Beese makes Wootyopia a powerful country.
"WOOTYOPIA: We come prepared."
I call dibs on Defence Minister or Treasurer, that'll end well.

"WOOTYOPIA: Here's the plan; don't fail."

Back