• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Auto-Mute/Kick on CAPITAL LETTERS and Spam?

13307057524.gif

The thing I don't like about these types of filters is say getting muted for typing "LOL" because it goes by percentage of capital letters.

The thing I don't like about these types of filters is say getting muted for typing "LOL" because it goes by percentage of capital letters.
I was thinking that too. There's a lot of cases where you legitamatly want/need to use caps.

Case in point:

placingclaymore.jpg

PLACING CLAYMORE!!!

Speaking of that, I can't believe some idiot decided to take out 3/4 of the R and the E to build a freaking tree! GAWSH DARNIT!!!

To be honest, is it that hard to type "/k [MrFrog90] caps"?
It's not that, that is the problem. It's the fact that Engie+'s aren't on 24/7. So instead of dragging someone from chat just to deal with one douche for spaming caps it can be done quick and cleanly without anyone else.

It's should be applied to guests only, like the suspected griefing kick.

It's not that, that is the problem. It's the fact that Engie+'s aren't on 24/7. So instead of dragging someone from chat just to deal with one douche for spaming caps it can be done quick and cleanly without anyone else.

It's should be applied to guests only, like the suspected griefing kick.
Exactly. Last time I checked (ignore me when it comes to details on Classic, I almost never get on nowadays), there's a lack of Engys, so having some auto-mute / kick system would be incredibly useful.

I know there was one point last friday or something where there was nobody but dark blue (sorry, I forget exactly what rank that is) and all they could do was continually kick these guys that needed baned to heil for all kinds of Hitler crap. Now, that would have all kinds of problems for an auto system, since you have a ton of people saying "stop saying heil hitler" or "the hollicost WAS real, you're an idiot for thinking it wasn't!" in retaliation and trying to generally respond.

I'm going to have to say that either system is very good in theory, but in reality, we're sure to have plenty of problems with it.

My idea which I’m sure has been brought up before is making Console automatically mute/kick players for a short but respectable amount of time. The parameters of the mute would be that console mutes anyone who uses more than 4+ capital words in one text line. I.E “WHY CANT WE USE CAPS” would obviously be muted. The positive effects of this would be great, after seeing how much time mods tell the guests to “Stop using caps”. Another, view could be that if console kicked/muted those who repeated the same letter 10 times in the same chat line. I.E “TTTTTTTTTTTTT” or the usual “oooooooooooooooo” would be an obvious kick/ban. I see these problems taking up time the moderators could be using to ban griefers, and much more productively. I understand this will take some programming, but if possible can be a great help to the community and to keep the chat from being constantly over flowed with non-sense.

Thanks so much.
NomNom421.
Also, make it so that if you repeat the same letter 6 times, you get mute and you can only talk to admins as a plea to get unmuted and if you repeat and it isn't a mistake, then you get banned/ you spam the admins while muted.

And then rename it to grammar nazi mod and put it on bukkit.

Back