Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra

1408749529296.png

She just keeps on trying to die a heroic death young doesn't she?

1408749529296.png

She just keeps on trying to die a heroic death young doesn't she?
Her mentor did pretty much confirm what her Amon, Unalaq, and Vaatu hallucinations were saying to taunt her. Even if he didn't mean it that way.

Book 4 is coming out in January 2015.

Also, Studio MIR (who did most of The Legend of Korra episodes) produced this:

Lookup Henry Rollins. Yes it's THAT one. The legendary Black Flag punk rock singer from the early 80's. Basically this role is not a stretch for him because he pretty much IS Zaheer in real life. It all makes sense. Anti-establishment, DIY, anarchy, etc....

Jesus Christ!

October 3rd is apparently the day of YES! We got Smash Bros 3DS and Legend of Korra Book 4! What else could there possibly be on that day to make it even more YES?

Because its not available in Australia, that's why :mad:

Which is why content restrictions based on region (most legal streaming for anime is only available in North America) constantly infuriates me. All they do is cut their legitimate viewer base and increase the level of piracy, while making it almost impossible to legally view content in unlicensed regions.

Which is why content restrictions based on region (most legal streaming for anime is only available in North America) constantly infuriates me. All they do is cut their legitimate viewer base and increase the level of piracy, while making it almost impossible to legally view content in unlicensed regions.
I hate it too, but the people who hold the power to change it are not the people that want it changed. The people that care or are even aware about it are definitely in the minority, so it almost certainly won't change. At least not anytime soon.

Anyway to get back on track I just watched it on a COMPLETELY LEGITIMATE and TOTALLY NOT PIRATING site and have to say that the first episode is kinda bland, with a whole 'Where are they now?' feel to the entire thing.

I AM SO EXCITE!
Waiting like a fiend to get off work so I can go home and watch it. I've loved all the seasons of both series so far, and the preview looks so cool.
Side note: The art and animation on both these shows is just.. omg amazeballs.

(Second Side note: I almost applied to an open character design position for Korra, but with my current day job and life stuff, I've been unable to put together a full pro portfolio. BUU. So close to living the dream, yet so far. Silly having to pay the bills and being not able to take time off to jump into pro art/job searching.)

My thoughts on the first episode are the same as Sean's, except I disagree with the aspect of the first episode being bland. Considering there's been a 3 Year time skip, throwing the cast into a more high-octane situation without explaining what they've been doing for the past 3 years would be tantamount to bad storytelling; Especially considering the somber tone Book 3 ended on.

My thoughts on the first episode are the same as Sean's, except I disagree with the aspect of the first episode being bland. Considering there's been a 3 Year time skip, throwing the cast into a more high-octane situation without explaining what they've been doing for the past 3 years would be tantamount to bad storytelling; Especially considering the somber tone Book 3 ended on.
I still think they could've gone about it in a more... Interesting way. The "Korra" deal being revealed earlier in the episode, for instance. Slapping it on at the end just made it seem like
Oh, the avatar is missing! Meh, she'll probably be okay. No one really cares
. I think it would've been more interesting if that'd been revealed a bit earlier, and we got a little (but not much more) insight to what she's been doing/where she is.

I feel like this episode was a little drawn out, and I think it's leading into another rather bland episode of further explination. I'd've preferred the first episode be a little rushed, to this.
Overall I'm pleased and look forward to more.

Back