• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Ban Appeal for Xecutioner91890

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think xecutioner should be allowed to come back.

It hurts me to say this, because I am not the kind of person that enjoys confrontation, or deciding another's fate, no matter the situation or how meaningful/unmeaningful it seems to one person or another in the grand scope of life. If what he said in his first post above is true, being a part of a community online is very important to him, and taking that away from him seems cruel to me.

Xecutioner was always nice to me. He took a liking to my guitar playing on mumble, and I never had a negative interaction with him or saw him being mean to others. It now seems that this may simply have been because I do not spend as much time on mumble as I used to. It is disheartening to hear how he has treated some of the other members of our community, if it is true.

I would like to take a moment to share with you all a very personal and private self-reflective writing piece I wrote a number of years ago during high school. It is rather dark, I warn you, but it has never been more relevant than now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Hyde Syde

Sly and slick, I creep among my peers. Secretive, shallow and shameless I slander them. I judge them. I discriminate them. I see the fat bitches; the stupid blondes; the sluts; the Jews; the Muslims; the blacks. I cry out in anger, and frustration. Each of them is an enemy, a sinful bastard. I want to lash out. I want them to suffer. Inside my head my thoughts are racing, raging, ridiculing. Still and silent, Hush! Not a word. Calmly and serenely, I walk down the hall. Expressionless, I take great care. Like the sun hiding the swelling storm, to cover my dark and sinister mind, should my secret escape. A compliment and a friendly remark are nothing but a means to fit in; A constant repression of the truth. At any moment he is ready, waiting to burst fourth. Barraging and blabbering, he will surely ruin me. I must keep guard at the gate. But at home, online, I am nothing but a name, not even my own. Free from the pressure of society, I let loose, no longer afraid of my social status.

I run rampant, reveling in my freedom. Faggot! Nigger! I say them without fear. I try to hold on. Gay! Retard! I devoted my summer to these words. I campaigned to end their use forever. These same words that I call my friends out on are my own. I have taken my morals, my values, and everything I stand up for. Temptuous and turbulent, I twist my being. My mind contorts like a mangled body—the victim of a brutal beating. There is no ledge to regain my foothold. I slip, sliding down into oblivion. Ass hole! Fucker! Homo! All is lost. But not a word matters. No one will ever know who, or why. Back at school, I am dying, doomed, desperate to escape from reality; Escape from each fucking flawless face, each one a lavish lie. Just like me, they are desperate too. I pity them, as they try to pleasantly please each pathetic person. But again, I speak not a word. My blank face reveals nothing.

The man on the news, a malicious murderer whose only crime is the truth, is banished forever. He failed. He failed to repress his true identity, and he is dismissed, discarded from society. My society has turned into one where the better man is the man who can hide himself; Disguise himself. I am elite, the top of my class. I hide myself where I want; when I want; how I want.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is the nature of online interaction to slip into this state of uncaring and defaulting to maliciousness and hate. I don't think anyone here can truthfully say that they have not at some point said something mean or nasty to someone online. It is true that the majority of us will never interact with one another in person. Other than potentially being banned, this means that there are almost no consequence for behaving poorly. There is no pressure to conform to society's expectations of treating each other with respect and tolerance.

We all judge other people. Just like in my writing piece above, none of you can deny that you do not do that as well as you walk down a hallway or see people being mind-knumbingly stupid in everyday situations. We all discriminate and think derogatory thoughts in our heads, but what makes someone a good person worthy of interacting with others in a setting such as this community is in their strength to not let their thoughts impact their actual interactions with others. We each make a choice each time we write something in a chat or say something over mumble, and in that choice we have the ability to stop ourselves from saying hateful things to another person. We have the opportunity to make that conscious decision about what we are saying, if it is a necessary thing to say, and what impact it will have on the recipient(s).

If xecutioner insults people on a daily basis and lacks the strength of character and willpower to overcome his hateful thoughts in his interactions, then he has absolutely no right to be here. This does not just go for him. I have been around in this community for close to 3 years now, and I have seen/heard about interactions between community members no different than the ones people have been saying above about xecutioner. In my mind, not saying hateful things about another person comes so naturally that I am astounded and flabbergasted when I hear about them.

I will not lie, there are some members of this community that I like more than others. There are some that I may even go as far as saying that I dislike or hate. But what is so phenomenally interesting, is that not a single person reading this or even those people who I hate would ever know who they are/who those people are. I challenge each of you to try and be the same way.

If you can allow yourself to hate someone but never let that impact your actions or interactions with that person, then you have succeeded in repressing your hatefulness and have succeeded in being a kind and supportive member of this community. You rock!

For the reasons addressed in this post, I have come to conclusion that xecutioner is not someone who is currently capable of keeping his hate to himself. This is not a reflection on who he can or cannot become as a person, but I hope he reads this and feels empowered to change. We are all capable of defining who we are as a person. Xecutioner, I do not hate or dislike you, but I am disappointed in you. If you can make an honest effort to change your character, I believe that the person you are capable of becoming is someone who I would readily welcome back into the community, but that is up to you.
0-0 too big of a comment 0-0 *dies from reading it all*

0-0 too big of a comment 0-0 *dies from reading it all*

It is, in my opinion, a very serious matter that requires attention. Taking what I said to heart may be the most rewarding decision many people make in their lives in becoming a person that people desire to be around and interact with. You would be amazed how far simply being nice can get you in life, and that can all start here, in an online environment, for some people.

I should really re-read Mein Kamph it's been a while
Bacon, stop.

-----
I do think that Xec should be able to return. When I was around him, he didn't seem that bad. The only qualm I think I've ever had with him as being jealous at the fact he got awesome rank on classic. I think everybody deserves a second chance, if they take it to heart and really want to change.

Bacon, stop.

-----
I do think that Xec should be able to return. When I was around him, he didn't seem that bad. The only qualm I think I've ever had with him as being jealous at the fact he got awesome rank on classic. I think everybody deserves a second chance, if they take it to heart and really want to change.
To actually contribute I always found him as a bit of a prick, but I hate everyone so who the fuck cares. Never saw him in classic because I don't play that shit. I say don't un-ban him, we have banned people for lesser offenses and I'm not about to see someone who did this kind of shit get a free pass. Unless of coarse he made me cookies then he is free in my book <3

I think Xecutioner91890 should be given a second chance.

I have known Xecuationer91890 for; well actually I don’t remember it’s been to long of a time. In all that time I have never seen Xecuationer91890 ever be anything other than awesome. Through conversations on mumble and in various chats across t9k, I had come to think Xecutioner91890 was a better man than me with more openness and a nice personality. Of course this event has put some doubt into that, but everybody deserves a second chance just look at the way classic ban appeal worked. Xecutioner91890 unbanned people on classic giving them a second chance at making it right. Why should we not at least give him the same level of respect? I think Xecuationer91890 has learned a lesson after being banned, and will approach the community differently than when he was last here. It’s not like he can’t be re-banned again…

Alright, so i read through all of the posts in this thread, and i think i'm ready to toss in my vote.

He should be unbanned.

Dude let's face it, we all have shit days, and we all each have our own ways of dealing with them; No one here can even try to deny they haven't let a derogatory term or two slip out in frustration anger. No one. Hell even i've done it.

Can't say i'm proud of it but who cares? honestly.

While i do sympathize with those who want him to stay banned on his main account or whatever, i mean granted, the way he went out was pretty stupid, we all agree; But I've always been one of those "forgive and forget, but watch" type of people;

Like BEESE said earlier, a probation period would be good.

We've all had our fuck ups, and if it was any of you in his shoes, you'd want to be unbanned to. And you know it.

Alright, so i read through all of the posts in this thread, and i think i'm ready to toss in my vote.

He should be unbanned.

Dude let's face it, we all have shit days, and we all each have our own ways of dealing with them; No one here can even try to deny they haven't let a derogatory term or two slip out in frustration anger. No one. Hell even i've done it.

Can't say i'm proud of it but who cares? honestly.

While i do sympathize with those who want him to stay banned on his main account or whatever, i mean granted, they way he went out was pretty stupid; we all agree; I've always been one of those "forgive and forget, but watch" type of people;

Like BEESE said earlier, a probation period would be good.

We've all had our fuck ups, and if it was any of you in his shoes, you'd want to be unbanned to. And you know it.

I can relate to that. :p

I don't see a problem with unbanning him, and if he missteps again ban him for good. There is more I could say, but it would essentially boil down to that sentiment.

Turned to alcohol before who says he won't again. Shitheads can be treated like shitheads and be put in time out.
That's retarded.

Xecutioner91890 is not a shithead.
Please, let's not turn this into a flame war, try to nip this in the bud before it starts.

As I said, I think he should be given another shot.

This kind of stuff happens to the best of us, and the worst of us. Another chance will show which category he falls into.

I say unban him. Besides, I've gone through the same thing kind of. A lot of stuff happened and I couldn't get into college this semester, I have to wait until Fall to apply again, plus I don't have a job anymore so I am just living my life doing nothing at the moment. But I didn't get drunk and do all of that stuff he did. That was his mistake. I really don't know him well to add to that, but I'd give him a second chance. He seems like he means well. But he has to prove it, like Melexiious said.

So I am on the same page with Melexiious here.

I can't say I've talked to him nearly as much as some people on here have, but when I did he always seemed cool towards me. Although I'm not sure my opinion counts much (if at all), I think if he's sincere in his apology then he should get a second chance. We've all said things we're not proud of, right?

That's retarded.

Xecutioner91890 is not a shithead.

Nah let's be honest, he would be the first to admit he's a shithead haha.

From what I've witnessed and heard, plus no patience and evading the ban before previous was lifted, I'd probably not lift his ban if it was up to me. But hey, I'm just a grumpy old(young) brit who longs to own a porch like Moondoggy's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back