Battlefield 4 Impressions

chip1283

Now that Battlefield 4 has been out for a week what are some things you don't like and what are some things you do like?

I like the new battlepacks and canted ironsights. I also like the new targeting system with the mobile artillery trucks. I really like the game communications/spotting system too.

I don't really like the new vehicle controls but im getting used to them. And that's pretty much all I don't like about Battlefield 4. Overall I think the game is awesome.

I somewhat dislike the quality of the graphics but that might just be becaus i played assassins creed black flag befor.

Otherwise i like it (not that i've gotten so far yet)

I somewhat dislike the quality of the graphics but that might just be becaus i played assassins creed black flag befor.

Well the graphics are one thing but if thats the only thing you look at then im sorry. Hows the people and gameplay?

Well the graphics are one thing but if thats the only thing you look at then im sorry. Hows the people and gameplay?

As i said i haven't gotten that far yet so i can not say about the gameplay Nor the online gameplay.
I only tested multi once and i though the graphic on the characters was a bit odd after that i've been busy with other things so i haven't even been able to look at it more closely.

And trying to be sarcastic is not nice..

When I'm not playing I'm like: "God damn, I want to play, it's so awesome!"
As soon I'm playing I'm like: "God damn, this game is shit, I hate it, fuck this.." and further swears I do not want to point out here :D
After playing (taking a rest), I'm like: "That was so frustrating. / Fuuuuu that was awesome!"
and out of a sudden I find myself playing the game again, though I just wanted to stop some minutes or hour/s ago.

The game was amazing in Beta to begin with, but here what I dislike or what startles me so much to a point that I'm raging around on the mic:

Repair not working at each seat in a vehicle out of numerous reasons, especially transport helis are unbalanced at this point, while there's no problem with that on one side, trying to repair the other one during flight while it turns around gets fucking ridicolous.

Though most work nicely, if a building breaks down sometimes I seem to be killed out of no reason, even if the building hasn't collapsed yet and that you die standing on the roof while the Skyscraper breaks down.

On many occasions the character is seemingly too stupid to get his feet over a step not even bigger than a hand, or even too stupid to jump over the smallest walls.

The elevators in the game are actually mere spawnplaces... without a nice elevator song.

Enemies taking no damage in front of the gun, or simply projectiles seemingly failing to hit the targets, because of flying around in a way simple physics cannot explain.

The kinda more or less useless and/or unfair role of the commander.

And many more, but not occuring nearly all the time.

What I like most likely in comparison to BF3:

Vehicles aren't so uber anymore.

When I'm not playing I'm like: "God damn, I want to play, it's so awesome!"
As soon I'm playing I'm like: "God damn, this game is shit, I hate it, fuck this.." and further swears I do not want to point out here :D
After playing (taking a rest), I'm like: "That was so frustrating. / Fuuuuu that was awesome!"
and out of a sudden I find myself playing the game again, though I just wanted to stop some minutes or hour/s ago.

The game was amazing in Beta to begin with, but here what I dislike or what startles me so much to a point that I'm raging around on the mic:

Repair not working at each seat in a vehicle out of numerous reasons, especially transport helis are unbalanced at this point, while there's no problem with that on one side, trying to repair the other one during flight while it turns around gets fucking ridicolous.

Though most work nicely, if a building breaks down sometimes I seem to be killed out of no reason, even if the building hasn't collapsed yet and that you die standing on the roof while the Skyscraper breaks down.

On many occasions the character is seemingly too stupid to get his feet over a step no even bigger than a hand, or even too stupid to jump over the smallest walls.

The elevators in the game are actually mere spawnplaces... without a nice elevator song.

Enemies taking no damage in front of the gun, or simply projectiles seemingly failing to hit the targets, because of flying around in a way simple physics cannot explain.

The kinda more or less useless and/or unfair role of the commander.

And many more, but not occuring nearly all the time.

What I like most likely in comparison to BF3:

Vehicles aren't so uber anymore.
I understand the repair part and the character part thanks for sharing.

"uber" ? actually i think how you drived befor was better.. now it somehow feels like Mass effect Mako
I think the controls are still fine, but whatever, actually you can destroy a tank with an engineer's launcher now.

And one Thing I forgot to add:

Light vehicles seem to explode on numerous and ridicolous occasions, like you can't drive over some cardboard boxes and simply explode as soon you drive fast enough into one. Damn 10 tons boxes <.<

I think the controls are still fine, but whatever, actually you can destroy a tank with an engineer's launcher now.

And one Thing I forgot to add:

Light vehicles seem to explode on numerous and ridicolous occasions, like you can't drive over some cardboard boxes and simply explode as soon you drive fast enough into one. Damn 10 tons boxes <.<

Better then the GTA way Drive the highest speed into a Lamppost and the car is un shatterd while the lamppost is totaly destroyed.

Better then the GTA way Drive the highest speed into a Lamppost and the car is un shatterd while the lamppost is totaly destroyed.
Just nope :confused:, but if I could choose, I'd rather take a GTA Car that stays unharmed than a BF4 car that explodes at the most unexpected moment, likely from anything XD
(to GTA, still the same in the new one? thought they improved on this. Couldn't tell since my friend steals the controler every few seconds cause he's like "Oh I need to show you this'n that" <.< )

i'm assuming you are playing on a console then.

If you aren't playing a BF game on a pc then you are doing it wrong

Yeah I think the next gen console will improve the graphics alot.

But i agree the graphic isent all importent but games as Battlefield that is about war they need the graphic more then other games like Legend of Zelda that uses Art works and story more

(My dad actually plays Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD )
and DAMN the faces are scary! XD
but good graphic for Certain games and support for the graphic on a Consol as PS3 or Xbox360 (or what not)

Back