• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Beta PVP (Battle Grief Only*)

MinerJuco

A map is divided into four different Kingdoms in which each city of that Kingdom has different building regulations and attributes. People can join any Kingdom and build in respect to the Kingdoms guidelines. The Politics of the Kingdoms are decided by whoever should see fit to take the control of each kingdom, any Political structure is acceptable. This increases the open playability of the game. The currency of this map will be GOLD INGOTS where anything can be traded. A main goal of a Kingdom is to show its dominance in builds and entice more people to join their nation. Sub-goals of Divine dowry will be awarded to Kingdoms delighting the God’s with monuments (Wonders) in their name. Locking of chests is declined so that ransacking of enemy Kingdoms is enabled; this also leads to better defence, theft is not tolerated inside your Kingdom. An array of skins in relation to the colours of your Kingdom will be created to be worn, so that others can determine what Kingdom you are aligned with.

THE MAIN RULES TO ENSURE IS THE BORDERS ARE CLEAR AND THE BUILD REGULATIONS ARE CLEAR.

*Battle grief is from TNT used in battle only, and even then this is restricted to only 3 being used per attack to annoy or cripple an enemy.

WONDER BUILDING: A divine council of acclaimed engineers will over-see the creation of these wonderful achievements and pre-plan every detail. This is to ensure that they are creations worthy of pilgrimage. Gathering of materials will be done by any who shall wish to achieve the goal of enlightenment.

THE FOUR KINGDOMS

The Northern Kingdom is based around the architecture of the Europe including Britannia through to the Romans and Greece etc.
Wonder: The Colossus, Stone Henge...
The Western Kingdom is based around the architecture of Colonial America and the Ancient America’s.
Wonder: Technology, Mayan Pyramid...
The Southern Kingdom is based around the architecture of The Middle East, Egypt and Africa.
Wonder: Pyramids, The Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, Alexandria’s Lighthouse...
The Eastern Kingdom is based around the architecture of The Asian Cultures...
Wonder: Giant Buddha, Golden Tower, Great Wall...

People can build multiple buildings throughout the whole map, filling it with their creation. The modern city (Well circa 1900) will be in the Western Kingdom and based around an old time New York or Boston. Problem being with modern and Beta is you are restricted to what materials you use by their accessibility. It would suck to go into a modern city and only see sky scrapers made out of cobble.

Cheers Man, if you like modern buildings you should check out the city we have created in Classic. Imagine how awesome it would be if we could Copy/Paste it into Beta. BTW its not finished.

http://classic.team9000.net/Zone11/20110605115517.png

Woot hasn't heard my idea yet. What is your in-game XRaptor? Seen as you are the expert in the situation; do you know why and for what reasons, is it a Hardware issue?

yeah Clayton, I think XRaptors facts are off perhaps, I just talked to someone else and they said he is open to the idea. I think it just takes some community effort to persuade him sometimes. Knowing the right people also helps.

What is your in-game name Clayton?

yeah Clayton, I think XRaptors facts are off perhaps, I just talked to someone else and they said he is open to the idea. I think it just takes some community effort to persuade him sometimes. Knowing the right people also helps.

What is your in-game name Clayton?

I was told by well known members such as TheGurw that Woot said he wasn't adding a PvP world

Well I have the opinion that if I can create enough support for an idea it will eventually get passed. Such as Zone11 in Classic, which was completely my idea, luckily though an Epic loved the idea and it was quick from the concept stage to the practical stage. If I do some good enough designs for the different types of architecture expected of different kingdoms I think this could take the fancy of a lot of people.

MINECRAFT BETA = ADVENTURE

Oh and NO SKY WAYS only ground roads that follow the contours of the land to reach their destination.

Clayto1332

How about a land with no fucking rules? Every single place no matter what there is someone trying to dictate everything and saying "you can't have this, you can't have that, you don't have enough of this, you need lapiz lazulli so your building doesn't get crushed in this FUCKING IMAGINARY BS SPACE CRAP"....

I am liking servers right now where you can't lock chests and you have to be creative to protect your items. Also not having to walk 100 km to get somewhere is nice too. The more I play other servers, the more I dislike this one.

No body likes haters when they're trying to be positive.

On a more positive note, I have come up with just some designs that will give you some idea of the beauty that could be captured by this map. These are 1:1, 1 block to 1 pixel.

ARCHITECTURE.png

Feel free to reconstruct any of these designs :)

This image is easier to understand and soon I will have more detailed information to coincide with them.

BETACONCEPT.jpg

Current Population: Decreasing. Less people are joining the server, players with above average skills are exploring different servers with different plugins/toys/pvp/land claiming etc. The lack of these players are now showing on Team9000. Have you seen the roads lately? They're falling apart. These players each contributed to keep them running well. We need them back!

That said my ideal server would be one with PvP enabled areas/faction creation/kingdoms. However, it would REQUIRE increased mods! Something that I do not believe will occur. Without increased Moderator/Admin oversight the idea wont pan out well. I do like the idea of official currency (gold). I would recomment a step further in defining a "base" value of Gold to Diamond, Gold to Iron, Gold to Coal. Etc.

Ah yeah sorry Clayton for the hater comment, I am always quick to accuse unfair criticism as I had hoped this thread would induce new ideas, but it looks like we have opened up a new can of worms that seriously needs to be addressed. I agree that EC is far fetched, I hope to create something more historic, but I am a stickler for rules as I long for the overall effect of creation rather than raw game play. I long for a world that is like our own but not, and also somewhere to kill if wanted. I have to say the Beta server definitely lacks, well, everything. With the amount of people in Team9k it could be fucking amazing, this is what I hoped to achieve in Zone11 (If it ever opens).

In every aspect of creation (And Minecraft is a creative median) if neglect is an issue the product will not be lacking. And if I can be so bold in saying that Woot may not be as interested in Minecraft as when he was playing with his friends in the height of their Eagle Passness or whatever, I dunno I wasn't around then. Which goes to show, that gamers don't like to relinquish in older traditions, they wish for change. Minecraft is an evolving game which means new maps must be made to feed the hungry new-comers who are all so used to the new aspects of Minecraft that Team9000 haven't yet implemented.

This message I think needs to get to the higher ups. Thanks FutureX for bringing me to light of the situation.

All I really wanna do is be able to do big voyages to different lands with amazing buildings and kill some fools if they fuck wid me.

Whut? No one talked of whitelist. In this map anyone can join, if you commit crimes then the authorities will find you and kill your ass and demo your shit. Join an army of a kingdom, police some shit, ya know?

Beta PVP ‘Kingdoms’ The Revised Version
A map is divided into four different Kingdoms.

These Kingdoms are divided again in to 5 different city states with DIFFERENT ARCHITECTURE LAWS to ensure continuity of the towns. This will ensure people KEEP COMING BACK.

The Politics of the Kingdoms are decided by whoever should see fit to take the control of each kingdom, any Political structure is acceptable. Government positions can be taken by force.

Land is first owned by the government then sold to people who wish to build. Any land that is built upon will be demolished by the government unless the land is owned by the player. When the land is owned by the player he may defend it from opposing forces.

If a player’s dwelling/shop/factory is not built aligned to the Nations guidelines it will be judged accordingly and demolished unless changed.

The currency of this map will be GOLD INGOTS. A fluctuating economy (Based on: 1 diamond = 5 gold = 10 iron) is preferred because economies are hopefully built on speciality.

An array of skins in relation to the colours of your Kingdom will be created to be worn, so that others can determine what Kingdom you are aligned with. (Optional)

Taxes of civil service or materials will constitute living rights in the kingdoms.

Kingdoms can become feudal and political structures can be set up in Nation states.

BETACONCEPT.jpg

Kingdoms and their various nations.

North
SAXO: The people of Saxony settle in forest lands fringing on snow. They are renowned for their schools and monarchy. The architecture is medieval British (around Elizabethan), French and Germanic. When a player has proven himself a credit he receives land to build a: European Castle.
SCAN: The people of Scana settle in and around snow and are the most northern inhabitants of the Northern Kingdom. They are renowned for their coastal fortress and lavish temples. The architecture is ancient Norse. When a player has proven himself a credit he receives land to build a: Viking Castle.
ROME: The people of Romelas settle on low lying grassland. They are renowned for The Coliseum and their cobble roads. The architecture is that of ancient Rome. When a player has proven himself a credit he receives land to build a: Roman Villa.
GREC: The people of Greco settle on low lying grass land near arid areas and also islands. They are renowned for the beauty of their temples and their twin states (Athens, Sparta). When a player has proven himself a credit he receives land to build a: Grecian Villa
SPAN: The people of Spanol settle on low lying grassland and desert. They are renowned for their great Cathedral and their hunt for gold. The architecture is that of medieval Spain. When a player has proven himself a credit he receives land to build a: Spanish Fort/Villa

West
EAST: The people of East State settle on grassland near snow. They are renowned for their technology and capitol buildings. The architecture is of colonial America. When a player has proven himself a credit he receives land to build a: Sky-Scraper.
WEST: The people of West State settle on grasslands or desert. They are renowned for their great mines and economy. The architecture is of western colonial America. When a player has proven himself a credit he receives land to build a: Sand Fort.
SOUT: The people of The South settle on grasslands or desert. They are renowned for their ranches and hospitality. The architecture is based on southern colonial America. When a player has proven himself a credit he receives land to build a: Wood Fort.
MEXI: The people of Mexila settle on desert and rarely on grassland. They are renowned for their Stone Pyramids and Festivals. The architecture is based on colonial Spain. When a player has proven himself a credit he receives land to build a: Spanish Fort.
STHA: The people of the Ameras settle in jungle and mountains. They are renowned for their remoteness and mountain villages. The architecture is based on ancient Americas. When a player has proven himself credit he receives land to build a: Mountain Village.

EAST
INDI: The people of Indius settle in grassland and desert. They are renowned for their Indian Palaces and slums. The architecture is based on ancient India. When a player has proven himself credit he receives land to build an: Indian Palace.
CHIN: The people of Chintsa settle in grassland. They are renowned for their Great Wall and Chinese castles. The architecture is based on ancient China. When a player has proven himself credit he receives land to build a: Chinese Castle.
JAPA: The people of Japana settle in coastal grasslands and islands. They are renowned for their beautiful gardens and craftsmanship. The architecture is based on ancient Japan. When a player has proven himself credit he receives land to build a: Japanese Castle.
KORE: The people of Koreya settle in grasslands near snow. They are renowned for their architecture and trading. The Architecture is based on ancient Korean. When a player has proven himself credit he receives land to build a: Korean Castle.
INDO: The people of Indoni settle in coastal grasslands. They are renowned for their above water villages and volcano temples.

SOUTH
TURK: The people of Turkza settle in grasslands and desert. They are renowned for their great buildings and temples. The architecture is based on the Ottoman Empire. When a player has proven himself credit he receives land to build a: Turkish Fort
CANN: The people of Cannea settle in grasslands and desert. They are renowned for their walls and their Temples. The architecture is based on Babylon. When a player has proven himself credit he receives land to build a: Sand Fort.
EGYP: The people of Egypz settle in grasslands and desert along a river. They are renowned for their great temples and pyramids. The architecture is based on ancient Egypt. When a player has proven himself credit he receives land to build a: Tomb
PHON: The people of Phoneci settle in coastal desert. They are renowned for their reclaimed land cities and temples. The architecture is based on Phoenicia. When a player has proven himself credit he receives land to build a: Coastal Fortress
AFRI: The people of The Afri settle in grassland near desert. They are renowned for their strange rituals and good dancing. The architecture is based on Africa. When a player has proven himself credit he receives land to build a: African fort.

I'm afraid I will have to disagree with any kind of architecture laws. These unnecessary rules only limit creativity and force divides in communities. Visit some of the many outlands communities on beta at the moment and you will find that the cities are not all restricted to certain architecture types. Everyone in these communities have different styles of building. In Deathly Hollows I've seen sphere houses next to large mansions with even a windmill thrown into the mix.

As you have stated the problem with the current setup is that there are too many building restrictions but all I see in your plan is that exactly the same thing. IMO scrap any kind of building restrictions and let communities form in which everyone's styles can be mixed to develop adaptive colonies where people can play with whoever they want.

Ultimately however it is the need for more moderation and administration which now plagues the server.

One thing that I believe could help to structure the server is the addition of a spawn city (white listed for certain members or a purely admin built city) which forces new guests away from the spawn (which is currently a haven for monsters and a destitute looking area). Furthermore, a proper establishment of roads (to the actual existing communities (not the dead cities with no one in them)) would probably ensure a cleaner transportation method as communities take pride in their road systems.

Overall I think that the development of cities has really lead to the server's undoing (if this is even a reasonable statement).

TL;DR: Remove city/outland difference and return to a single world (like with Firethorn/Xankul) except with a more structured environment and without borders. If Notch feels like adding new things to the game (like lapis) again then let him, it wasn't even a useful resource/hardly worthwhile regenerating a world for.

HATE IT! Never!! I would accept one portal but the whole map? NOOOOOO! I understand you have put alot of effort into this but... I don't like the idea

Back