Boston Marathon Explosion

rsmv2you

2 bombs have gone off at the finish line of the Boston Marathon.
Link to news about the bombing.

No suspect has been apprehended.

Confirmed 2 dead, numerous injured (some say 22 others say 68 injured)

Link to a comment on reddit. Lots and lots of information there.

Video of the blast and aftermath

gif of the explosion

Photos of the aftermath and moments after explosion
WARNING NSFW/NSFL
boston1.jpg

Boston%20Photo.jpg

s_b08_53227478.jpg

BH6l5lYCMAAwsRJ.png:large

BH6kFLDCQAAcSDO.jpg:large

abc_boston_marathon_initial_kb_130415_wg.jpg

New images released moments after the bombing.
MAJORLY GRAPHIC.
DO NOT CLICK ON THESE IF YOU CAN NOT STAND GORE OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

mB1fe3T.jpg

0GAtrFu.jpg

OzyyUhu.jpg

8wmvNxI.jpg

dDg6h38.jpg

gjGUTCX.jpg

dTVm875.png

added 4 more images I found. One possible of the 8 year old who died.

MAJORLY GRAPHIC.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

mB1fe3T.jpg

0GAtrFu.jpg

OzyyUhu.jpg
It's one thing to come across Gore in a random thread on /b/, a whole 'nother to see such new images. I don't even want to know what it's like to see it live...

3 killed, one of them was an 8 year old.

Hospital Updates.
Tufts - 9 patients hurt from attack, none critical, 8 more patients w/ marathon-related injuries
Boston Medical Center - 20 patients total, 2 children, most have lower leg injuries
Mass. Gen. - 22 patients total, 6 critical, 5 serious
Brigham & Women - 26 patients total, 2 critical, 8-10 serious
Bethg Israel - 21 patients total, 18 major, 3 minor, 7 life-threatening

2 bombs were detonated, they've located 5 other suspicious packages.

NBC Boston is saying the youngest victim is 3 years old.
Children's Hospital reported that those treated there included a 9-year-old girl, a 7-year-old boy, a 12-year-old, and a 2-year-old.

Injury count as of 7:45 pm by hospital:
Boston Children’s 8; Brigham 27; BMC 23; MGH 22; BI 21; St E's, 15; Tufts 9

I heard about this at work literally an hour after it happened. Then i heard there was a third bomb at the JFK library, and a fourth was safely detonated by bomb squad officials.

I heard about this at work literally an hour after it happened. Then i heard there was a third bomb at the JFK library, and a fourth was safely detonated by bomb squad officials.
JFK Library was a fire in the machine room, it was not a third bomb.

Another device was found under the grandstands (the other side of the finish line from the explosions), when it was found, it was smoking. They hosed it down with a fire hose and that set it off.

From another source:
"A third bomb was found on the other side of the finish line, near Dartmouth Street. It was dismantled by authorities. At least one more device was found and dismantled."

I was there today. I was just past the finish line greeting a friend who finished the race just minutes before when the explosions went off. There was a stampede of people rushing out of the area and we just had to turn and run. Myself and everyone I know who was there is safe and unharmed.

Just to set some facts straight, the number of dead is currently 3, but that is likely to increase over night due to the severity of some of the wounded currently in hospitals. It is not confirmed that an 8 year old was one of the dead victims. There is no official reliable source confirming or denying that. There was no third bomb at the JFK Library. There was a possible electrical fire there in the mechanical room or a fire caused by an incendiary device. It is not known yet whether the two incidents are related, but they likely are not. There were 2 other devices confirmed by officials to have been found, but any beyond that is speculation.

People are saying that a bomb squad detonated one of the 2 other devices found. That likely is not true. Devices are never intentionally tripped because they can be extremely valuable sources of information in an investigation, especially for materials used and ways to trace the maker. A more likely scenario is that the bomb was enclosed in a reinforced container where it detonated on its own.

Is there any confirmation that the 8 year old was the one in this picture?
nsfw/nsfl
dTVm875.png
I've only heard that two officials confirmed that there was an 8 year-old killed. I have not found any information on gender yet.
I've also not found/heard any information on the other two people that were killed.

I was there today. I was just past the finish line greeting a friend who finished the race just minutes before when the explosions went off. There was a stampede of people rushing out of the area and we just had to turn and run. Myself and everyone I know who was there is safe and unharmed.

Just to set some facts straight, the number of dead is currently 3, but that is likely to increase over night due to the severity of some of the wounded currently in hospitals. It is not confirmed that an 8 year old was one of the dead victims. There is no official reliable source confirming or denying that. There was no third bomb at the JFK Library. There was a possible electrical fire there in the mechanical room or a fire caused by an incendiary device. It is not known yet whether the two incidents are related, but they likely are not. There were 2 other devices confirmed by officials to have been found, but any beyond that is speculation.

People are saying that a bomb squad detonated one of the 2 other devices found. That likely is not true. Devices are never intentionally tripped because they can be extremely valuable sources of information in an investigation, especially for materials used and ways to trace the maker. A more likely scenario is that the bomb was enclosed in a reinforced container where it detonated on its own.
Thanks for the info, and glad your safe and stay safe. Glad to hear all your family/friends are safe as well.

The device that was detonated was smoking, they hosed it with water to put it out and that set it off. It was not "tripped on purpose", it was set off by accident.

Also, I hear one of the injured was a Boston University student :(

I just found out that a fellow student that I know here at Northeastern was one of the 130+ people injured by the blast.

Fortunately her wounds were not too serious. From what I could see from pictures, she had some wounds from shrapnel in her leg and a possible concussion. The bomb supposedly was filled with shrapnel such as bolts and gun pellets and other pieces of metal.

Many of the 130 people injured suffered ruptured ear drums from the shock of the blast. It is likely that my friend was one of these people if she was close enough to get a concussion, but I do not know the specifics of her injuries for certain.

I just found out that a fellow student that I know here at Northeastern was one of the 130+ people injured by the blast.

Fortunately her wounds were not too serious. From what I could see from pictures, she had some wounds from shrapnel in her leg and a possible concussion. The bomb supposedly was filled with shrapnel such as bolts and gun pellets and other pieces of metal.

Many of the 130 people injured suffered ruptured ear drums from the shock of the blast. It is likely that my friend was one of these people if she was close enough to get a concussion, but I do not know the specifics of her injuries for certain.
Doctors said that there were ball bearings inside of the explosive. Whoever made it wanted to make sure that people got hurt, At this point it's practically an act of terrorism. But despite all this, I'm glad you, and your friends are okay.

don't know the truth in this, but I have heard that it was basically like an old artillery shell. Full of pellets, meant to rip apart people. Judging from the wounds, I would assume that the top was covered in some way. I feel horrible for everyone that had their goals in life taken away for the heck of it.

MAJORLY GRAPHIC.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

mB1fe3T.jpg

0GAtrFu.jpg

OzyyUhu.jpg

8wmvNxI.jpg

dDg6h38.jpg

gjGUTCX.jpg

dTVm875.png

added 4 more images I found. One possible of the 8 year old who died.

It's sad. The Boston Marathon, something that was commonly associated with accomplishment and pride, is now going to be associated with gore, death, and terrorism.

Gun and explosive laws america. Come on. Saw this coming.
Please don't start that... not now.

Doctors said that there were ball bearings inside of the explosive. Whoever made it wanted to make sure that people got hurt, At this point it's practically an act of terrorism. But despite all this, I'm glad you, and your friends are okay.
Whether this is a domestic attack, or an international attack, it is an act of terrorism. There is no way around it. This was enacted to maim and kill people. This was done with full knowledge and preparation. This was done either for fun, protest, publicity, or "freedom". This was terrorism! Not "practically" terrorism.

Back