Cheese7710 Is coming to the Vlogiverse!

Cheese7710

Hey all you watersacks out there such as myself. I Have been taking it into serious consideration, and I think I will be creating a YouTube channel for:

Let's Plays (Minecraft, League of Legends, Portal, Pokemon, ect.)
Vlogs
Arts & Crafts (From drawings to sculptures)
Random Stuff
Shoutouts
Q&A
And much more!

I will also try to have special guests often. Mailnly, this will consist of Team9000, Player 2, and local people to join me, but someday I hope to have a celebrity appearance (AntVenom, Toboscus, CaptainSparklez, Ect.)

First order of business, I need a catchy Youtuber name. So far all I got is TheBigCheese, but I'm pretty sure it's taken. Open to suggestions. I also need to know what equipment I need to save up for (I know I need upgraded microphones and a game recorder that can task PC, PS3, XBox 360, and hopefully older ones like N64.) Once I get my channel started off with a couple of videos, I will start Operation: Cut the Cheese, in which I will try to spread like a virus across Facebook and Team9000 and every other source I can. Hopefully, with a little bit of luck, I will become pretty big. Doubt it, but a man can dream.

Any pro advice?

Hey all you watersacks out there such as myself. I Have been taking it into serious consideration, and I think I will be creating a YouTube channel for:

Let's Plays (Minecraft, League of Legends, Portal, Pokemon, ect.)
Vlogs
Arts & Crafts (From drawings to sculptures)
Random Stuff
Shoutouts
Q&A
And much more!

I will also try to have special guests often. Mailnly, this will consist of Team9000, Player 2, and local people to join me, but someday I hope to have a celebrity appearance (AntVenom, Toboscus, CaptainSparklez, Ect.)

First order of business, I need a catchy Youtuber name. So far all I got is TheBigCheese, but I'm pretty sure it's taken. Open to suggestions. I also need to know what equipment I need to save up for (I know I need upgraded microphones and a game recorder that can task PC, PS3, XBox 360, and hopefully older ones like N64.) Once I get my channel started off with a couple of videos, I will start Operation: Cut the Cheese, in which I will try to spread like a virus across Facebook and Team9000 and every other source I can. Hopefully, with a little bit of luck, I will become pretty big. Doubt it, but a man can dream.

Any pro advice?

You could name yourself Cheese7710, just a random guess.
And I love art so I wouldn't mind watching, vlogs, I only watch then if there funny :p

Save up for a good editing program.
Sony Vegas>Windows Movie Maker
*(Expensive, you could try to find something cheaper that would work then upgrade later)*
*(You can start off little using Windows Movies Maker :p it's not that bad really)*

If you want to record your pc games
Fraps>
*(there are better programs but you really can't beat the price and quality you know)*

Just think big.

You could name yourself Cheese7710, just a random guess.
And I love art so I wouldn't mind watching, vlogs, I only watch then if there funny :p

Save up for a good editing program.
Sony Vegas>Windows Movie Maker
*(Expensive, you could try to find something cheaper that would work then upgrade later)*
*(You can start off little using Windows Movies Maker :p it's not that bad really)*

Fraps>
*(there are better programs but you really can't beat the price and quality you know)*

Just think big.
Couple of things:
1. I would love to make things simple and use Cheese7710, but my problem there is the fact that it doesn't seem professional. Numbers lessen the professionalism of a channel, thus lowering viewer count slightly. Plus, it makes it herder to get big.

2. Fraps is good for PC, but I have 4 consoles I would love to add to my list of Let's Plays. I saw some good ones at Best Buy for about $100-$120, but didn't have the money at the time to buy them.

I will probably upgrade from Windows Movie Maker, but it's a good start in an area I have some experience derping around on.

Fraps is horrible.

srs get out, I doubt you would spend about $1,000 for a recording program if you were starting out,

Fraps>

Couple of things:
1. I would love to make things simple and use Cheese7710, but my problem there is the fact that it doesn't seem professional. Numbers lessen the professionalism of a channel, thus lowering viewer count slightly. Plus, it makes it herder to get big.

2. Fraps is good for PC, but I have 4 consoles I would love to add to my list of Let's Plays. I saw some good ones at Best Buy for about $100-$120, but didn't have the money at the time to buy them.

I will probably upgrade from Windows Movie Maker, but it's a good start in an area I have some experience derping around on.

Deadmau5.....

You can use numbers there's really nothing wrong with it. You can be professional and have numbers in your name. It DOSENT lower your viewer count, depending on what content you upload it will go up or down. It's not going to be easy to get big. It takes time.

Fraps isn't the only recording software out there that's free...

Laggy, watermark...

Fraps isn't free smart one. And when you buy it, the watermark gets removed.

The watermark is only on the demo version srsly.
It's not laggy, it's your computer. You can't run a good program on a bad' computer, I've used Fraps and I've never had lag.

I'm gonna be starting off with Fraps, but I think I will move on as soon as possible.

Please don't.

If you pay for it, you paid for something there's much better versions of.

If you don't pay for it, you have a watermark and no one will take you seriously. Also 30fps cap and slows down games considerably.

It's not laggy, it's your computer. You can't run a good program on a bad' computer, I've used Fraps and I've never had lag.

You are benchmarking incorrectly then. Play a game with a built in fps counter, and then play it again with fraps.

Please don't.

If you pay for it, you paid for something there's much better versions of.

If you don't pay for it, you have a watermark and no one will take you seriously. Also 30fps cap and slows down games considerably.

You seriously don't know what your talking about. The Fraps full version does NOT have a watermark. You can change the max fps to little one.
image.jpg

So far I really don't like Fraps that well.

It's ok for testing out equipment, but so far it deopped my already crappy framerate by half.

Don't think I'll invest in the full version, and will instead ger an external Game Recorder so I can do more than just PC

You seriously don't know what your talking about. The Fraps full version does NOT have a watermark. You can change the max fps to little one.

Are you kidding me? This is a direct quote: "If you don't pay for it, you have a watermark"

I know the full version has no watermark, I'm just saying why pay for something inferior if you're just going to upgrade later anyway?

While picking good software/hardware does tend to help, it's mostly the person+content in the videos that count. Take for instance Monty Oum's RWBY series... The program he uses isn't really ideal for animation, and the quality of his animations are lacking, yet the show already has a decent sized following.

If you're just starting out, then fraps will suit you just fine. Depending on how dedicated you are to making this project as good as it can be, you'll eventually want to upgrade to a better option than fraps later on down the road. That being said, if you can afford a capture card then you'll definitely want to get one (as long as you're actually dedicated to the project and not just doing it because you felt like it).

The only other thing is that you should start out simple; don't try to fit too much of a variety in your videos (interviews, q+a, game recordings, random stuff, etc) until you mastered one of them. Then, if you feel like you're able to fit in another aspect to your project, feel free to do so.

Camtasia is a good option in my experience as it serves both as a video capturing software and an editor.

I like old school. SCFH + MLE + VAC

All free, and no watermark. You just have to learn a little more of the specifics.

Numbers lessen the professionalism of a channel, thus lowering viewer count slightly. Plus, it makes it herder to get big.
It's about your content, not necessarily the numbers.
i8aoPTe.png

I'm gonna be starting off with Fraps, but I think I will move on as soon as possible.
Camtasia is a good option in my experience as it serves both as a video capturing software and an editor.
Camtasia is a nice alternative, imo.

Back