• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Cities, Explained.

Wooty

Staff member
Guess what? The time has finally come! The Team9000 Survival server is progressing toward bigger and better things -- it's city time! The city plans, written up months ago, are finally going into effect. Here's the run-down on what you need to know in the short term; more will come later.

1. OxyTown (the city that you spawn in) will become the first city in our new city network. Everything within city limits will be saved, and eventually zoned such that only upper-ranks can build upon it. BEWARE: Everything OUTSIDE the city limits will be deleted in a few days when the city wall is constructed. If you can't see the tower in the city center -- it's probably too far, and it's probably going to be deleted. No guarantees.

2. In the OxyTown city center, near the fountain, there is a new portal which teleports you to the Outlands. The Outlands are a completely separate zone, designed to connect the cities in our city system. To travel between cities, you must portal to the Outlands, walk to the other city, then portal into the other city. The Outlands will be RESET on occasion, so they should only be used for mining and resource collection -- NOT SUBSTANTIAL BUILDINGS.

And here's another few small tidbits:

3. All mobs and PVP are disabled within cities.
4. If you would like to keep your items, but you live far away from OxyTown (and your house is going to be deleted), please move your items IMMEDIATELY into the OxyTown town center. Storage chests are available for your convenience to the left of the portal to the Outlands.
5. OxyTown is currently the only city. New cities will be created very soon.
6. A beta version of our world map is available here. Do not expect the map to be reliable.

Enjoy ^_^

Will we be able to build homes out of city limits after everything is cleared or will you be clearing the map from time to time other than the cities? I know that the outlands will get reset from time to time but what if I build outside of oxytown by 100 or 200 blocks?

-Is it a whitelist server now?
-what happens when all 3 citys are full?
- I guess there will be no portal to the nether.

-Is the server down atm? Cuz i cant connect.

This:

"Here's the run-down on what you need to know in the short term; more will come later."

:)

I'm exited about the changes but at the same time nervous I hope the have a survival town where monsters still spawn otherwise I don't feel like it will feel much like a survival server anymore. That is why I traveled 700 blocks away from spawn do there wouldn't be so much light but I'm still close enough that other people build near.

Any way on a different note notch said he promised one of his idols pet dogs in mc so that is exciting.

Looking forward to the other cities, being able to be away from griefers and all. They do not like to travel haha. So, the item save thing is still a little hazy for me. The chests were saved and not anymore? Or if say, you put stuff in them right now will it be saved? And, will the stuff you have on you be saved? I would like to know this, thank you!
Will the other cities be able to be floor-planned by our master builders before building, that would be nice and remove some clutter and confusion like in Ozy town. And themes, will there be any sort of themes that we will have to follow with buildings, example: Sky Scrapers only in one area, stuff like that. Cant wait =D. One last question, what will be the names of the other cities?

When are you going to kill the minecrap servers?
Come on man, don't be trololololol lolol lol lolin this thread. If you legitimently want to know when Wooty is going to shut down the servers (which I bet is not your intention to know, as you already do), pm him. I can tell you now, the answer will most surly be a "not any time soon" or somewhat similar. RAWR! Ima troll eating dragon!

Come on man, don't be trololololol lolol lol lolin this thread. If you legitimently want to know when Wooty is going to shut down the servers (which I bet is not your intention to know, as you already do), pm him. I can tell you now, the answer will most surly be a no. RAWR! Ima troll eating dragon!
You don't answer no to a when question.

sucks to your ass-mar and proper grammar, a cookie for the person who gets the reference.

and on a second note, hmm cities, might as well start playing now

I feel the need to build. but the nuke is going to go off sooner or later. please new city soon that i can build in. being a newb and all.

Makes me REALLY wish I had the REAL Minecraft Beta! (not the pirated version v.v)
But as SOON as the game goes on the market, I'll buy it and delete the pirated version.
I kind of feel ashamed to have the pirated version... :(

Makes me REALLY wish I had the REAL Minecraft Beta! (not the pirated version v.v)
But as SOON as the game goes on the market, I'll buy it and delete the pirated version.

tut tut

Why wait for it to go on the market? If you had already bought it you get everything at the lower price....
Wooty said:
Storage chests are available for your convenience to the left of the portal to the Outlands.
LOL scooterboo and I made those.

Back