• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Collaborative Creative Design Server?

I would be very interested in this. I myself do not have the means to host a server, but a friend of mine does. I'm not sure how he'll feel about it, but I'll be sure to ask him. Also, though there might be a few exceptions, I will only be available on the weekends.

If we do end up building that impressive array of sci-fi high-rises, I can offer this as advice: if you plan to do interiors, figure them out first. There is nothing more frustrating than trying to fill seemingly endless interior space. Some of the best looking structures I've seen have very busy floor plans.

I'll echo what highrise said, with one addition: the only thing harder than filling massive interiors, is trying to utilize tiny spaces effectively, they end up being cramped. So build the interiors, then the walls.

I'll echo what highrise said, with one addition: the only thing harder than filling massive interiors, is trying to utilize tiny spaces effectively, they end up being cramped. So build the interiors, then the walls.

This is the beauty of having a collaborative build. Some people are better at building exteriors and some are better at doing the interiors.

I'll double-check my university's policy tomorrow; I kind of doubt they'd be very pleased with me hosting a game server accessible worldwide on campus internet. At least the bandwidth would be good..

Back