• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Coming soon to a Team9000 Mumble near you

Wooty

Staff member
Make your own rooms:

Mk7F3.png

So, will there be a limit to how many rooms can be open at one time on mumble? If there is a limit, will there be a way to determine who would be in more need of a room than another, and if so, how will it be monitored?

So, will there be a limit to how many rooms can be open at one time on mumble? If there is a limit, will there be a way to determine who would be in more need of a room than another, and if so, how will it be monitored?

One per person.

Meaning if there are 36 people on mumble ever again, and they all were to create a room, there would be 36 individual rooms open at one time. Also, this doesn't give us an opportunity to set up mumble chat in that particular room if we would like to, would it?

Meaning if there are 36 people on mumble ever again, and they all were to create a room, there would be 36 individual rooms open at one time. Also, this doesn't give us an opportunity to set up mumble chat in that particular room if we would like to, would it?
yes i agree, we need that option.. chat on mumble was the best thing that happened. my mic broke the other day, and chat is disabled on mumble.. i have no need of mumble till i get a new mic :(

Do you keep that room "for ever" or is it session based?
I am not severely educated on the details of the system, however I would imagine it would be some sort of timeout based on activity.

IE: if channel has 1 person in it, or less, it times out after say....8? hours and gets deleted. Can be remade though? That is my guess....but you'll have the ask them an himself.

I know what you mean hawke.
Also part-idea That we can add a description to what is happening in the room.

Edit: Description can be changed, or might as well have channel name can be changed whenever.

If there is a reasonable character limit you could probably include a small description.

Back