• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Cydonia

I'm noticing that Cydonia is quickly dying out out :(. So, me, Chacal67, and clawstrider have been thinking of making a new city to replace Cydonia and keep it more up to date. If anyone wants to join, we need all the help we can get on mats. and funds. We hope to keep this for exciting than what Cydonia has been up to recently. I <3 u all :3.

-XxTehBanditxX
I might be interested, as we could use a new start. Depending on what Dutch says, and how things turn out, I might join. After all, I guess a replacement somewhat counts as staying true.

I got the impression some people liked the "New town idea", so I picked somewhat of an area east of Cydonia I could start it at. Just seeing what you guys think of the location.

The two places I places i am in between picking are outlined in red.
Town.jpg

I got the impression some people liked the "New town idea", so I picked somewhat of an area east of Cydonia I could start it at. Just seeing what you guys think of the location.

The two places I places i am in between picking are outlined in red.
View attachment 96327
The area looks good, but try and make sure there's no mines in the it. I don't like the idea of players mining under the city even after it is established. If this does become a true replacement for Cydonia, I would like to collect our current spawn rails, unclaim our current spawn outpost, mine a new, Haven style railway to a new, smaller spawn outpost. If we don't have nearly enough rails to complete the tunnel, we could, as MagicForDummies recommended, mass brew speed potions.

Edit:
View attachment 96355
I found a relatively untouched area. Although I have never heard of the closest town, it looks nice and is very small. The region is close to every biome, including coastal access and even a nearby mushroom island. As for the new spawn outpost, I have no idea where to build it.

Everything looks like its coming out nicely! :D Now two things, what will happen with Cydonia, and what will we name the new city if we make it?

Basically, look for the city of Eze near the large Northwest tundra area. I'm thinking of selttling somewhere in that region. There's a small, partially claimed mushroom biome and a larger, unclaimed mushroom biome.

Dutchy! Hop online, so we can figure out what will happen and decide the final area, wouldn't want to do this without the mayor :D

EDIT:
What will happen with all the supplie in the tower, will we bring them to the new city?

So if you guys end up abandoning your current city, can haven claim it so they can plant jungle trees there and make it look like a massive lost civilization? :D

Sounds fun. I wouldn't mind it. Though, let those who don't want to move on at the moment join your town, if you will.

Also, I would request you not destroy any chests. :3

Back