• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Cydonia

There was a setup in the PP city where we had 3x3 tunnels heading out from a central location with the access from above through the use of stairs available. This setup worked quite well and we were able to mine along with the creation of different farms: wheat, mushroom (damn nerfs), tree and slime. Even though the further you got out, the messier the tunnels became, it was still a pretty straight shot to get to any of the farms and in fact the only one that wasn't directly next to the stairs was the slime farm.
I was unaware. In that case, we ought to use this method. With my touch of perfectionism, I might be able to make it look nice.

Here's what I think:
Everybody can build on a 30 by 30 or smaller lot, it can be irregularly shaped and not a perfect square.
-For something bigger players mark the lot then request ingame or on the forums confirmation just so they don't build stuff where it shouldn't go.

-Let's stick the towers closer to the towers and the smaller houses closer to each other.

-We have lots of flat space in the ocean so we can make gigantic plazas and green parks.

-Everyone can get lawns and treelines next to their home.

-We will also have skybridges with rail on them, for easy access between higher towers and the main station.

-Towers can have floating platforms with greenery attached to them, preferably circular platforms. Example without the towers

I also made a drawing about how I see New Venice in it's basic form:
55kEH.jpg

Just something to point out.

Considering that Woot's new system means that there's no Towny, I think (dunno for sure) that plot sizes will be very customizable.

As of such, you guys could do more accurate zoning, without fussing over plots and such.
...Although you could solve all those problems anyway by being normal and just giving people 32 x 32 plots, considering that's how plots are.

Hiya wonderful peoples.

I realize that it's a bit early for recruiting, but I would like to lay down my application for whitelist in your new town.

IGN: lacar1601
Time spent on surival server: 13 months
Time spent on T9k forums: 10 months

T9k survival history:
-Resident of Waffleville - Outlands map
-Lone wolf on Sanctum Map
-Resident of Terraville - 1.8 Beta map
-Assistant in Kiyomi - recent map

Productivity:
I can dig...
SanctumHole.png

I can build...
KiyomiHouse.png

And I can run a town...
Kiyomi Thread Linky

Hiya wonderful peoples.

I realize that It's a bit early for recruiting, but I would like to lay down my application for whitelist in your new town.

IGN: lacar1601
Time spent on surival server: 13 months
Time spent on T9k forums: 10 months

T9k survival history:
-Resident of Waffleville - Outlands map
-Lone wolf on Sanctum Map
-Resident of Terraville - 1.8 Beta map
-Assistant in Kiyomi - recent map

Productivity:
I can dig...
View attachment 116950

I can build...
View attachment 116951

And I can run a town...
Kiyomi Thread Linky
I like you, you can stay :D

Here's what I think:
Everybody can build on a 30 by 30 or smaller lot, it can be irregularly shaped and not a perfect square.
-For something bigger players mark the lot then request ingame or on the forums confirmation just so they don't build stuff where it shouldn't go.

-Let's stick the towers closer to the towers and the smaller houses closer to each other.

-We have lots of flat space in the ocean so we can make gigantic plazas and green parks.

-Everyone can get lawns and treelines next to their home.

-We will also have skybridges with rail on them, for easy access between higher towers and the main station.

-Towers can have floating platforms with greenery attached to them, preferably circular platforms. Example without the towers

I also made a drawing about how I see New Venice in it's basic form:
55kEH.jpg
Since we're dealing with a lot of water, instead of rails, we could do EATS roads. (ethoslab)

I'm not sure if he has a tutorial on it, but it might be cool. If not, I'd be glad to plan out the rail infrastructure.

A city on water sounds really neat, but I do want to stress what Hawke said about proper planning in order to make this work. I am thinking on the level of maybe setting up a rough, general map of the city with clearly defined architectural or zoning districts.
e.g. a main market street, low-level residential district, imperial district, etc.
We should do this so that we have more structural organization within the new city. In other words, we put restriction on where buildings should be built relative to each other and with respect to transport hubs and roads. What and how we build within the zones is completely free of course (under moderation).

A city on water sounds really neat, but I do want to stress what Hawke said about proper planning in order to make this work. I am thinking on the level of maybe setting up a rough, general map of the city with clearly defined architectural or zoning districts.
e.g. a main market street, low-level residential district, imperial district, etc.
We should do this so that we have more structural organization within the new city. In other words, we put restriction on where buildings should be built relative to each other and with respect to transport hubs and roads. What and how we build within the zones is completely free of course (under moderation).
I was doing some of that today, but they said they had all of the planning under control. All we have to worry about is planning out our houses.

That's a really nice idea.

Back