• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Dat Year though

DaGamer12345

Exactly 1 year ago I logged onto the classic server, and the same day registered on here. That would be a day I'd never forget.
Here's a celebratory picture:
bUaNlAA.png

And the story which I have told one other time:
I was at a hotel on Oct. 27 2012, and was very bored. My laptop kept overheating when I played Minecraft, and besides, all the servers I went on were down. So, I looked at the Minecraft website, and saw the "Looking for Minecraft Classic?" So I clicked it. I proceeded to start a single player world, but then was like, "Wasn't there a multiplayer option?" So I went back and clicked it. I saw a server with the name "Freebuild!" and joined it. That was the start of my journey that is Team9000.

My first thread was about, well, promotion from guest to cool. You can find that by yourself.

I remember sometime in December when I joined the survival server when we still had condos, and had no idea how to use it because every plot was taken up. Then the wipe came and I started to play Survival because it was just there.

October - January: Classics
Well, this period was about me playing classic, being promoted, meeting a lot of you guys, and just building. Toward the end of this period I found Survival and took a break off Classic for that.

January - April: The Stupid Time
Most of you probably remember me making a stupid thread a day (think "Sweets Thread") over the period of about 1-2 weeks. I really have no idea why I posted them, I guess I got thread-happy.
And speaking of thread happy, the 3 (or was it 4?) LTS App threads. I regret that even now, looking back at how immature I was. I guess I thought I was trusted enough despite other's thoughts, and my stubbornness was evident there. I'm actually surprised I wasn't temp-banned then.
And speaking of temp-bans, that incident was caused by me being a combination of tired and trying to be funny at the same time. Does not work out well. We don't need to go over that. The main point is that temp-ban made me think over EVERYTHING I did wrong and basically made me think "I need to take a break for a bit". This brings us into our next period.

May - August: The Lurking and Inactivity TIme
I really didn't do much at all during this time. I mainly looked at threads, posted rarely, sometimes got on Classic (and Survival before it was taken down), and mainly just did other things. I was focusing on things like coding basic Lua, witnessing the coming of another MC server which I will not go into detail about, and several other things all at the same time.

August - Now: Revival and Other Games
In late August, I decided to play on the Vanilla server hosted by StTheo, and this brought me back to here (at least actually posting and such, I lurked daily before). And, due to a recent Steam sale, I have Terraria, so I may be able to attend more game nights. I also discovered Cards Against Humanity, and have been playing it for the past couple days. Fun, really fun. And when I get a new laptop, I can worry less about overheating issues caused by games such as Garry's Mod and whatever other games I may plan on getting in the future.

People I want to mention
I want to mention all of the fellow builders on Classic that I have met. That includes Searge, Keeby, (formerly) Jiga, Nikki, Zahl, and several others I may not of mentioned.
I also want to mention Lame because of my most recent kick reason on Classic that nobody cares about.
I want to mention Tshin for noticing my temp-ban.
I want to mention Pixi for commenting that I "look and sound like an 8-year old". At least I'll look youthful in later times.
(Speaking of sounding like an 8-year old, my voice has gotten a little deeper. Possibly expect a Mumble appearence if I get the courage to join)
I want to mention Zahl for he is probably the reason why I came into LTS in the first place (that, and Classic).
I want to mention anyone I haven't mentioned because I do acknowledge you, I just can't think of a reason to put you here (except for this one).
And, last but not least, I want to thank Spedve for basically encouraging me to go for Builder, to stop making stupid threads, and basically making me not perceived as a general douche to everyone on here. Without him, I may not even be here.

So, to conclude everything, I will present to you a picture of me as of this moment which refuses to embed itself, and I hope I do not still look 8 years old:
vRJKQhd2qfOLDnEybxqj4fEsNdo7H6qmYtbmpmcw0vc

As you will see, I have a cat behind me.
That is my cat.

So, a year. Seems so short but so long. I hope to have many more of these.

1. The second picture doesn't work for me, probably because locked dropbox account is private.
2. If you add an "about the author" section to your blogs, you can edit blogs (take a look at one of my blogs to see the section I'm talking about).
3. Hooray.

Back