• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Day 1 of Creative Server: Two Words, Minecart Hell

I believe you and only hand full of others pressed on about getting this, many players that were strong players in survival server quit, like my self.
you guys bitched to have it your way now that you have it your still bitching cause someones causing you discomfert suck it up and quit bitching.

gawd you people are selfish.
Woot wouldn't have made it if it was like " only a hand full" of people, and complaining about some people being "Selfish" is selfish because you're not thinking about what they actually want you're only thinking about how terribly it has affected you.
I'm a Scandinavian Aphrodesiac, I'll make you fall in love with your own nonsense.
Come at me, bear.

I do believe that the old survival had unique features of both combined survival and creative worlds. I also stongly recommend that "you" people that like to call yourself the majority of the community should stop for a minute and think why would you prefer a new creative server. We all know the answer to that of course. Because you didn't have the time nor the patience to create something unique, neither you had the devotion to do it. Instead, the easy choice of a "creative" mode was your cup of tea. I'm not here to argue with anyone about the recent change that occured. What done is done and it was the admin's choice, not the "communitys" choice. They decided they wanted that change, and as with all changes, some people agree and some not.

The real suggestion I wanted to express on this forum though is the following: What if instead of the lovely creative server that was made for this community, was replaced by the old survival(partial creative) server we had before the wipe. Wouldn't it make more sense if the server that is given for people to create, was similar to the one we all loved and enjoyed? Why hand out a so abusive, non-motivational "creative" server to everyone, that we all know is also considered an "easy" passport for those who lack in patience to create perfect masterpieces that actally took time?

Anyhow thats my 2 cents for now, but I'm open to any evaluations to my point.

All the while more carts were being added....

h4izJ.png

QJH6H.png

I do believe that the old survival had unique features of both combined survival and creative worlds. I also stongly recommend that "you" people that like to call yourself the majority of the community should stop for a minute and think why would you prefer a new creative server. We all know the answer to that of course. Because you didn't have the time nor the patience to create something unique, neither you had the devotion to do it. Instead, the easy choice of a "creative" mode was your cup of tea. I'm not here to argue with anyone about the recent change that occurred. What done is done and it was the admin's choice, not the "communitys" choice. They decided they wanted that change, and as with all changes, some people agree and some not.

The real suggestion I wanted to express on this forum though is the following: What if instead of the lovely creative server that was made for this community, was replaced by the old survival(partial creative) server we had before the wipe. Wouldn't it make more sense if the server that is given for people to create, was similar to the one we all loved and enjoyed? Why hand out a so abusive, non-motivational "creative" server to everyone, that we all know is also considered an "easy" passport for those who lack in patience to create perfect masterpieces that actually took time?

Anyhow thats my 2 cents for now, but I'm open to any evaluations to my point.
I dont speak for everyone but I want this because I have played the same survival aspect since alpha for 2 straight years. I am tired of the survival aspect and want creative and many others cause they want to play with their fellow team9000 players in a creative aspect.

What done is done and it was the admin's choice, not the "communitys" choice.
Bullshit. Woot does what the majority of the player base wants. He wouldn't have done this if it wasn't for the good of the server and if people didn't want it. Most of this community that you seem to subsidize as being what you dont agree with want this and that community is the majority that has been here for a ton of past survival maps. Almost everyone who has been here a long ass time wants this and from what I can tell, those who came along from this new map are the ones that don't want creative. I'm not saying the older members are getting there way but the majority is and that is what is gonna happen cause not everyone can be happy.

Because you didn't have the time nor the patience to create something unique, neither you had the devotion to do it.
Again, bullshit. Have you SEEN what we have created in past maps? (pulled random screenshots from old jar files, not nearly 1% of what we have made or close but it's something)
We have gone through dozens of maps all filled to the rim with huge impressive as fuck creations all the survival way. Some ways harder then it is for you now. We have had this SAME EXPERIENCE over and over and I think most people just want something new and fresh rather then "another" server wipe and "another" survival map that will die out within a month.

What if instead of the lovely creative server that was made for this community, was replaced by the old survival(partial creative) server we had before the wipe. Wouldn't it make more sense if the server that is given for people to create, was similar to the one we all loved and enjoyed? Why hand out a so abusive, non-motivational "creative" server to everyone, that we all know is also considered an "easy" passport for those who lack in patience to create perfect masterpieces that actally took time?
Wat

Like I said, took literally 5 minutes to spur through old minecraft jar files and grabbed a few screenshots. If you wanna give me a pic of haven Ill add it for the fuck of it. =P
Actually, I'm surprised you didn't add a pic of Organization 9000's project that was eventually handed over to Haven later on.

Actually, I'm surprised you didn't add a pic of Organization 9000's project that was eventually handed over to Haven later on.
I think I was only looking through old jar files that were biodome and back. Nothing past that.

I think I was only looking through old jar files that were biodome and back. Nothing past that.
Still, brought back good memories. Even revisiting that old convo just now brought a smile to my face.

Times are changing and it is for the better, no matter what the naysayers think.

How is that at all the best choice? The best choice would be to ban Xec, or limit the use of minecarts and boats. Bringing back survival right now would just be silly. :cool:
I agree with everything except for the last little part, the 'Bringing back survival right now would just be silly. :cool:'

I wasn't aware that creative suddenly allowed you to have better building skills.

I always thought it just gave you unlimited resources in which to build, and if you didn't know how to build perfect masterpieces, you would still be unable to.

Via creative your builds don't require as much time as they would require on a survival map. What I mean by that is that you have to spent an X amount of time gathering those mats, and afterwards carefully chosing which parts to build out of your creation. And at the end of the day, your build will have twice the value out of a normal creation. Therefore, I do believe that you missunderstood my point.

Again, bullshit. Have you SEEN what we have created in past maps? (pulled random screenshots from old jar files, not nearly 1% of what we have made or close but it's something)
We have gone through dozens of maps all filled to the rim with huge impressive as fuck creations all the survival way. Some ways harder then it is for you now. We have had this SAME EXPERIENCE over and over and I think most people just want something new and fresh rather then "another" server wipe and "another" survival map that will die out within a month.

Wat[/quote]

Try reading it again as it seems you don't quite understand my proposal. The creative aspect you so call speak of can be already found in the free minecraft server of T9K. I understand that more or less the T9K survival map had the same title and therefore similar content but I also believe many players enjoyed it because of its uniqueness. As for the creative map you wish for, you could easily grab your friends and take them over to a private server as it wouldn't require much modification either.

Wat

Try reading it again as it seems you don't quite understand my proposal. The creative aspect you so call speak of can be already found in the free minecraft server of T9K. I understand that more or less the T9K survival map had the same title and therefore similar content but I also believe many players enjoyed it because of its uniqueness. As for the creative map you wish for, you could easily grab your friends and take them over to a private server as it wouldn't require much modification either.[/quote]
Typo there... Lol

That's opinionated.

Opinionated on what? Its obvious that when someone is given an X infinite amount of resources and creates an awesome build he gets the A evaluation for it. Now if someone is playing on a survival server, and everyone knows that gathering materials is objective 1 before starting a creation and then goes on and creates that very same awesome build I mentioned above, I'd like to believe that its evaluation would be twice as better, because X amount of people will know that this guy worked hard to actually gather that specific amount of materials and then went on to build it.

Try reading it again as it seems you don't quite understand my proposal. The creative aspect you so call speak of can be already found in the free minecraft server of T9K. I understand that more or less the T9K survival map had the same title and therefore similar content but I also believe many players enjoyed it because of its uniqueness. As for the creative map you wish for, you could easily grab your friends and take them over to a private server as it wouldn't require much modification either.
Typo there... Lol[/quote]

Grammas nazi! xD

Back