• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

December 21, 2012 (12/21/12)

amaterasu

Most of you should recognize that date.

As you all know, the holidays are coming up very quickly, but of course, we cannot get to Christmas without passing this date. So I ask you all, will the world end?

I have heard from before that about 10% of the world believes that the world will end on December 21, 2012. I was introduced to the idea about the end of the world when I was 7 years old, sometime after the premiere of Indian Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, during a program that was airing on the History channel. The idea stuck to me ever since and at such a young age, I now see why it dug so deep into my mind. The good news is that the idea now seems to have faded away, but a small trace of it is still there.

There are so many things that disprove the idea of the end of the world on that day. But we'll never know for sure what will happen until it comes. Just pray or clutch to science that the Mayans were wrong.

I don't expect the world to end, but I may be wrong (hopefully not). Of course, if it does, I bid you a good farewell.

...as if that would happen

In my opinion, the people who believe that the world will end are a bit on the cuckoo side. Those people do not look forward, and are pessimistic. They only see darkness ahead. If any of you are one of them, I'd really be disappointed. I look at T9K as one of the most optimistic communities out there. Those who do believe in the end, don't. Just don't.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

~amaterasu

i'm going to get a comfy (and classy) chair, a nice cold beer and awesome music.
if the world actually ends i'll die like a boss :cool:

also, i love stupid people, i feel so smart around them <3
for example, my new classmates, i'm a freaking genius there

Mayans don't know Romans. (Predated?) Caesar made leap days. Mayan calendar doesn't have leap days. Supposed "last day" has been passed.

Regardless, someone's probably going to do something so stupid that's going to piss off Mother Nature. Sh*t will go down, and you will have nobody to blame but yourself.
Or Woot, because his goal is to break EVERYTHING, but that's debatable.

That, or we'll get aliens... Or maybe some inter-dimensional anomaly. I'd prefer the latter; we might get to interact with what may be fictional characters and such.
12.21.'12: Say Goodbye to the Fourth Wall

Everything has a beginning, Everything has an end. Humanity will destroy itself. We already have the power, just need to press the button. No need for a God, Goddess, whatever.

If you think the world is going to end, give me your money and I will be sure to use it to pay for your funeral expenses if you happen to die as a result of the world ending. Otherwise, that cash is mine.

I was born in 1994, I've already survived so many "ends of the world" that it has completely erased any belief in any of this.
Also the world will end because some mayan dude got tired of writing the callendar? wrld pls!

@amaterasu It's funny because we didn't use this calendar when the Mayan calendar was created.

ofc. it'd be on my b-day. WHY not!? oh and...no... it's not gona happen. don't be freaken redicules. the whole calender thing. ye. they just got wiped out or soemthing on that day. not that they decided to..like...end it... morons.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/12/the_world_isnt_going_to_end_th.html
The scientists conclusion is that the end of the Mayan calendar does not imply the end of the world, only the end of the Mayan long-count period. The 'long count' is a part of the Maya calendar shaped like a wheel. When we reach the end of the wheel, it will simply turn to the beginning again, just like our modern Gregorian calendar starts again every January 1.

You all that thought this was true was SURE AN IDIOT!

To me, i don't think it's a real thing. reason? well, back in 1999 we had "Y2K" where supposedly the clocks/technology couldn't read the 2000 and they would shut down. Planes would fall out of the sky, trains would crash, the world's Nuclear weapons would launch by themselves etc etc,...and what happened? Nothing. so that's whay i feel like 12/21/12 is gonna be a normal day. :3

People think because of the Mayan calendar ending at 12/21/2012, they think "oooooh so the mayans haz sum kind of sorcery to think teh world has ended". The Mayan calendar just simply ended, it doesn't mean the world would end. And, do you know how many "ends of the world" there have been before? People are just looking for something talk about and make scandals about...

People like news anchors....

Back