DIY Repair Consoles, Computers and etc Thread

RioDeal

Don't you hate when things breaks? Not thinking about throwing it away? Going to try to fix it? All by your self?
if all of the answers are "yes" then you come to the right place. But you do need someone advice? opinion?
No problem, Ask away and those that know, show them your wisdom! From red rings to blue screen of death!
and everything in between! the DIY Repair Thread! Everything but the kitchen sink!!

Kitchen Sinks are very easy to repair compared to embedded electronics (Game Consoles). As long as you didn't pour quickset down the sink you can repair it in less than 6 man-hours with no experience. Now microwaves are a different story...

Kitchen Sinks are very easy to repair compared to embedded electronics (Game Consoles). As long as you didn't pour quickset down the sink you can repair it in less than 6 man-hours with no experience. Now microwaves are a different story...

true, even if it was used for a punch line. but if you know how to fix those give us some of your wisdom! :D

Usually kitchen sinks break because of rough use. In most cases the faucets and spout can be repaired with two 6" adjustable wrenches, if you have a cheaper model one wrench might do the trick. If your drain is plugged, most grocery stores sell kits that will dissolve almost any organic matter and most inorganic matter as well, and will include a cheap "snake" to either push or pull the clogged material out of the drain. If the drain is leaking because of a loose joint, the quick fix is to tighten it, but a more permanent solution is to disassemble it and then reassemble using a combination sealing compound and pvc glue. If you have non-pvc pipes for your drain, you will need to either weld the seams, solder joints, or completely replace the assembly.

Dude, perfect thread Idea! :D

So now on to an actual problem that I have: My old mp3 player, I've had it for about, 3-4 years now, and just recently as a year ago it would not start. I tried literally everything I could to fix it. I even called the services for help/advice on my mp3 player. Everything they told me to do I already did, to no avail. Basic jist of my problem:

Mp3 player's hard drive is corrupt.

How fix?

So now on to an actual problem that I have: My old mp3 player, I've had it for about, 3-4 years now, and just recently as a year ago it would not start. I tried literally everything I could to fix it. I even called the services for help/advice on my mp3 player. Everything they told me to do I already did, to no avail. Basic jist of my problem:

How fix?
Give it a proper burial (like in a dumpster or a trash can) and buy a new one.

How fix?
Mnay mo3 playres are dolid state drivew. Ic its corrupt, adtr that long ofhacinh if, igs prove vb ly doine. Buy a nrw onr ot repla,e tge hard drbe.

Aslo drnk gudrw is dubk. Sorrty, of incogerebt .

Mnay mo3 playres are dolid state drivew. Ic its corrupt, adtr that long ofhacinh if, igs prove vb ly doine. Buy a nrw onr ot repla,e tge hard drbe.

Aslo drnk gudrw is dubk. Sorrty, of incogerebt .

Translation:

Many Mp3 players contain a solid state drive. If it's corrupt, after that long of a time, it's probably done. Buy a new one or replace the hard-drive.

Also, Drunk Gurw is Drunk. Sorry about being incomprehensible.

Translation:

Many Mp3 players contain a solid state drive. If it's corrupt, after that long of a time, it's probably done. Buy a new one or replace the hard-drive.

Also, Drunk Gurw is Drunk. Sorry about being incomprehensible.

How would I go about replacing said hard drive? if that's even possible for an mp3?

See my above advice. If it is possible, its waaay more trouble than its worth, especially on a player that old. Posting the model would probably help though.

Well, I am planning on getting a new mp3 players, I just want to see if there's a way to fix it.

The model no. is SA3020/37B

Philips 2GB gogear audio mp3 player.

Hey guys, i just bought from a pawn shop a ps3 fat 60, works great only thing is, the disc dont read nothing, i got a spare PS3 fat but its a 40 gb one, will it work if i put that one in the 60gb?

Well, I am planning on getting a new mp3 players, I just want to see if there's a way to fix it.

The model no. is SA3020/37B

Philips 2GB gogear audio mp3 player.
That one's definitely not fixable, the memory's soldered onto the circuit board. Unless you've got an spare one that has good memory still and some robotic level soldering skills, then you're SOL.

Hey guys, i just bought from a pawn shop a ps3 fat 60, works great only thing is, the disc dont read nothing, i got a spare PS3 fat but its a 40 gb one, will it work if i put that one in the 60gb?
http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing+PlayStation+3+Blu-ray+Disc+Drive/3484/1

Technically possible if they have the same drive. You're still going to have to swap out the circuit boards, because the drives are paired with the console the same way they are in the 360.

That one's definitely not fixable, the memory's soldered onto the circuit board. Unless you've got an spare one that has good memory still and some robotic level soldering skills, then you're SOL.

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing+PlayStation+3+Blu-ray+Disc+Drive/3484/1

Technically possible if they have the same drive. You're still going to have to swap out the circuit boards, because the drives are paired with the console the same way they are in the 360.
Not a problem, seems easy to do just need to find out if the spare one I have will work thanks crane!

Back