Fandoms

Not really a specific fandom but I hate people who are over-overobsessive about anything, especially Anime. I'm fine with Otaku's and people who like anime in general but when you spend most of your time discussing, watching or obsessing over it then I think somethings wrong with you. In one instance I had friends who stated that Code Geass was horrible as it had copied from the Anime Death Note due to it being released at a similar time, refusing to watch it and bagging anyone who disagreed with their opinion yet when i convinced them to watch it, they immediately started bagging people who disliked the show for legitimate reasons acting as if they hadn't held any negative opinions themselves. I'm no saint and I can be an arrogant asshat at times but at least i recognise my faults.

I also dislike user's of Reddit and 4 Chan who dislike the opposing communities for no reason besides their enormous Ego's and respective superiority complexes.

Phew, got that off my chest.
everyone know's 4chan is better (at tribes anyway)

Not really a specific fandom but I hate people who are over-overobsessive about anything, especially Anime. I'm fine with Otaku's and people who like anime in general but when you spend most of your time discussing, watching or obsessing over it then I think somethings wrong with you. In one instance I had friends who stated that Code Geass was horrible as it had copied from the Anime Death Note due to it being released at a similar time, refusing to watch it and bagging anyone who disagreed with their opinion yet when i convinced them to watch it, they immediately started bagging people who disliked the show for legitimate reasons acting as if they hadn't held any negative opinions themselves. I'm no saint and I can be an arrogant asshat at times but at least i recognise my faults.

I also dislike user's of Reddit and 4 Chan who dislike the opposing communities for no reason besides their enormous Ego's and respective superiority complexes.

Phew, got that off my chest.
Reddit sees 4chan as that crazy drunk guy who does all sorts of stupid shit, but everytime he talks about him he only mentions the fucking hilarious stuff (and conveniently leaves out the more negative details).

4chan sees Reddit as that nerdy kid who knows all sorts of random facts and is always so polite, but 4chan thinks he's too cool to hang out with "these losers".

Reddit and 4chan both see 9gag as that obnoxious, annoying little brat, who keeps trying to hang out with them but is too concerned with repeating popular internet phrases and copying everything that Reddit and 4chan do.

I don't find any particular "series" bad, simply because "to each their own", but concerning the fandoms of these series, there is always a percentage of fans that take things waaay over the edge, or are obsessive to the point that it is quite disturbing. That's the part of any fandom I find unfortunate.
It would be wrong to judge a series based on its' extreme or even its' milder fans, rather than the content of the series itself. I personally think it's good that these series are a way to bond with others with similar interests, but there will be and have always been people who will dislike something.
It's not wrong for anybody to dislike stuff, because like I stated earlier, "to each their own".
On the flip side, I also think it's wrong to judge someone simply because of the things they like, and assume that they are just as "bad" as the series one may hate.

My two cents I guess.

This thread made me research this

Crazy-Twilight-Lady.jpg

I hope I never spend my disposable income on fandom things.

Back