• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Forward Unto Dawn

Were you guys going to only make the outside shell, or an interior as well? Either way I'd be willing to help as well.

We are going all out on this. Interior, Exterior and Environment.

The problems with Classic:

1) I have very limited knowledge of how to run a Classic server
2) From what I know the size of Classic worlds are limited to a certain volume
3) Limited block choices

1.4 it is.

I really think we should d this on the TK9 Classic server... We got a Zone permit or whatever... :3

I think Spirit of Fire is the way to go. The sooner we start, the better.

Idea: Why don't you guys petition Sonic for a new Zone world where you can build this? Making a world of sufficient size is possible, look at Zone 4 for inspiration.

The problem with building on a public server is that it's bound to be....well, public. Other people will have build rights outside of those with access to the "blueprints", because that's the way such a thing works. I don't mind people watching....what I don't like is people altering the structure or bothering us asking to help. And knowing this community, that would happen very quickly.

Besides, when was the last time you saw a Classic world on T9k that was dedicated to a single project, coming in at over 2,500 x 800 x 1000 blocks.......assuming we go for a 1:1 scale, which I'm hesitant to go with. I have access to a print that is twice that size, and I would be happy with a 1:2 ratio.

I was thinking about getting a Zone dedicated to this... But if the dimensions are not what we need them to be... Let's do it your way.

Limited blocks. Seriously, that's my biggest problem with Classic. With the server I can put up, we not only have all the additional blocks added since Classic stopped updating; but any specific new blocks we need I can add. We aren't limited to Woot's willingness to work with us, the project is run by us. That means that anything we need, I can add. Honestly, if we really wanted to, we could make a rotating scale replica of the Spirit of Fire inside a single block. The potential is just that much greater when the project participants run everything surrounding the project.

Besides, when was the last time you saw a Classic world on T9k that was dedicated to a single project, coming in at over 2,500 x 800 x 1000 blocks.......assuming we go for a 1:1 scale, which I'm hesitant to go with. I have access to a print that is twice that size, and I would be happy with a 1:2 ratio.
Impossible anyways. The biggest classic world you can go to in theory is 1024x1024x1024 and it lags like no other.

Impossible anyways. The biggest classic world you can go to in theory is 1024x1024x1024 and it lags like no other.
Precisely my point.
Alright. We should discuss blueprints...? Soon?
Very soon. Let me get the server set up as soon as I have a couple hours, and someone please start a conversation with all of the builders where I can post the prints.

5QyDc.png

Found this, it gives you a good idea of what the front looks like.

Back