Free Game Ideas

He might have bought it beore f2p.. just saying
It's irrelevant.
Because if he bought it before F2P then he would not be complaining about it being a free game!
Regardless, he's complaining that you need to buy stuff to succeed.

Which you don't.

Drops, achieves, trading - not to mention the blatant fact that the stock items are awesome.

It's irrelevant.
Because if he bought it before F2P then he would not be complaining about it being a free game!
Regardless, he's complaining that you need to buy stuff to succeed.

Which you don't.

Drops, achieves, trading - not to mention the blatant fact that the stock items are awesome.
I certainly can't think of a TF2 item off the top of my head that is just better. All of them have something they do better than the stock weapon, but has some drawback to balance it. Don't know what he's smoking.

I certainly can't think of a TF2 item off the top of my head that is just better. All of them have something they do better than the stock weapon, but has some drawback to balance it. Don't know what he's smoking.
Only a few weapons, such as the Amputator, or Third Degree, are any direct upgrades to stock.

I use very few stock weapons such as shotgun, grenade launcher, and sticky launcher. the trek to getting around what weapons suit your well is a pain and buying keys to open crates and trying out weapons from mannco made it a lot easier for me. everybody has it different i guess.

but really. please get this thread back on topic. i was wrong :p

Are you high?
No really, are you high?

You really don't need to spend money on TF2.

The only purchase I deem really necessary is the upgrade to Premium. And you can spend as little as 99 cents on that. Just buy something you can only get on the store, like a key or a Sticky Jumper, or a rare hat, and that's that.

TF2's designed in such a way that having additional items belies no real gameplay benefit. The stock weapons are some of the best. Heck, I'm wealthy when it comes to the average TF2 pleb, and I use stock items all the time. (Given that they're Strange versions of the items, but that's purely cosmetic anyway).

There are no good or bad items in TF2, it's just things that cater to personal preference. And style.
You don't need hats or Uniques to get anywhere.

So your arguement = invalid.

I'll also point out here that if any of you here need to upgrade to Premium (something I encourage and recommend, as it makes life easier for you), then talk to me. I can give you recommendation as to what you should buy, and heck, I'll buy that item you bought to get to Premium and give you starter weapons and hats.

This ain't about profit (although that is nice, heheh), this is about raising TF2 awareness and getting more people here to play.
I wouldnt mind hat donations :D I dont have any hats :(

*jumps into water*
2vuj1fr.jpg

Lord of the Rings Online and Dungeons and Dragons online are both MMO's with loads of content that are really fun and on the FTP micro transactions...Tribes Ascend is the tits. Blacklight redemption is wicked FPS action. Champions online, also another FTP MMO though ive never played it. Actually, keep an eye on Perfect World and anything they put out...they love that FTP idea...

WoW has a FTP trial for the first 20 levels...

Warhammer online age of reckoning was unlimited free trial(to level 10 on as man characters as you want) and i loved that but idk how active the servers are...

I might have a bunch of beta keys floating around for RaiderZ a game of some sort by perfect world thats in closed beta atm...

Lord of the Rings Online and Dungeons and Dragons online are both MMO's with loads of content that are really fun and on the FTP micro transactions...Tribes Ascend is the tits. Blacklight redemption is wicked FPS action. Champions online, also another FTP MMO though ive never played it. Actually, keep an eye on Perfect World and anything they put out...they love that FTP idea...

WoW has a FTP trial for the first 20 levels...

Warhammer online age of reckoning was unlimited free trial(to level 10 on as man characters as you want) and i loved that but idk how active the servers are...

I might have a bunch of beta keys floating around for RaiderZ a game of some sort by perfect world thats in closed beta atm...

LOTRO is fun for a bit. I also tried out Aion and fun with that for a while as well. Most of the people there like to party up and it's fun once your able to fly around n stuff.

-DotA 2 is going to come out, and will be Free-to-play.

-SMITE. If you want a beta key, just give me your email.

-Super Crate Box. A fun, time waster.

-SWTOR: going to be free to play this fall. :D

-TF2, of course. If you don't have it you're a moron.

-Blacklight: Retribution, a pretty fun FPS.

-Vindictus Fun MMO.

More to come :D

(I'm the king of free to play games)

If no one else is interested in your extra SMITE beta key. I might be.

How about Alien Swarm? You can download it for free at Steam. It doesnt have a long storyline, but it's fun to play the missions on diffrent settings various times, and if that isnt enough you can either build your own map (if you have the knowledge for how to use the program, I don't :confused:) or download maps other people have built.

How about Alien Swarm? You can download it for free at Steam. It doesnt have a long storyline, but it's fun to play the missions on diffrent settings various times, and if that isnt enough you can either build your own map (if you have the knowledge for how to use the program, I don't :confused:) or download maps other people have built.
...To be fair, the "make your own map" bit is true for just about all Valve games.

I've been working on making a TF2 map for a few months; once you can use Hammer, it's not hard to make anything from custom Portal testchambers (none of that Testing Initiative pansyshit) to sex chambers for the Combine to pl_woot.

-DotA 2 is going to come out, and will be Free-to-play.

-SMITE. If you want a beta key, just give me your email.

-Super Crate Box. A fun, time waster.

-SWTOR: going to be free to play this fall. :D

-TF2, of course. If you don't have it you're a moron.

-Blacklight: Retribution, a pretty fun FPS.

-Vindictus Fun MMO.

More to come :D

(I'm the king of free to play games)
SWTOR going f2p? I'm so delighted I didn't buy that at release date.
And last time I tried Vindictus, the servers denied me becuase I'm european.

Back