General Anime Discussion Thread

Don't know where the "gay superheroes" are in Samurai Flamenco.
Spoilers:
goto-san-lets-get-married-copy.jpg

Also I watched the first episode of Season 2 of Durarara and it seems like they sold out. The entire episode was just fanservice and homages to the previous season or other series. I also watched Earth Defense Club Love and that was... something. I hope it turns out good in the end.

Spoilers:

Also I watched the first episode of Season 2 of Durarara and it seems like they sold out. The entire episode was just fanservice and homages to the previous season or other series. I also watched Earth Defense Club Love and that was... something. I hope it turns out good in the end.
*HAVEN'T STARTED SEASON 2 YET SO DON'T JUDGE*

I'm pretty sure it'll get better, they just had to reintroduce characters and stuff because it's been 5 years since its original run (as bbgun mentioned). And if it continues to be "meh," just go off my rule, "If it doesn't catch your attention after 5 episodes, it's not worth it, as it has failed to accomplish the basic story telling element of having an attention grabber at the beginning."

Spoilers:

Eh, the first episode felt a lot like the first season. And a re-cap episode was necessary, considering the gap between both seasons.

Oh, be prepared for "Bosskado" and the infamous pencil scene.

ME UPDATING MY WEEABOO LIFE! WOOOO!

Finally finished season 1 of Slayers. There wasn't ever a dull moment and by God did I love this silly bunch of characters, plus I'm a total sucker for 90s animation, it just looks so good to me. Either way, onward with Slayers: Next! :D

Also I FINALLY found the 3 chapter spin-off Hellsing: Crossfire that I've been looking for since I finished Ultimate. So I'm probably gonna read all of that today.

Lastly, thanks to reminding from an individual I won't name, I'm reading more of Tower of God. Just gonna have to ignore my app crashing like every time I turn the page and push forward.

Shitty Chinese Cartoons I've been watching list:
Bakemonogatari: Seems fun but I just started
Noragami: I'm about half way though and really enjoying it.
Habane Renmei: It is interesting though I'm still not sure what is going on.
World Conquest Zvezda Plot: I love the loli but I haven't seen much of this one, seems Kill La Kill Esq.
Evangelion Shinji Ikari Raising Project: Really good manga, but Rei isn't done well.
Evangelion Manga: Rei is much better here.
Nekopara: This is a game but it is so cute.
Earth Defense Club Love: This is like that one PSG video where Panty and Stocking are 2 men.

Evangelion Manga: Rei is much better here.
But Kaworu and Gendo are painfully worse. ESPECIALLY Kaworu, easily the worst incarnation. (I don't know how far you are so I'm just gonna put up a spoiler banner)
They're made out to be obvious villains instead of up to interpretation and a broken man who you get a feel for in his last moments

So I'm currently watching Eureka 7 after dropping it last year and while it's getting interesting as it goes along, it seems to me the whole show is comprised of Gekkostate being a pack of cunts to Renton, and then proceeding to get mad at him while not explaining shit. Hopefully this improves soon or I'll probably drop the show once and for all.

Enough about me, what are y'all watching at the moment.

So I'm currently watching Eureka 7 after dropping it last year and while it's getting interesting as it goes along, it seems to me the whole show is comprised of Gekkostate being a pack of cunts to Renton, and then proceeding to get mad at him while not explaining shit. Hopefully this improves soon or I'll probably drop the show once and for all.

Nichijou. Previously, I just finished Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun.

I started off loving Eureka 7 but it kinda lost its charm there near the end. The characters just got really old for me.

Aaaand...

The last few things I've watched have been Nichijou, Magi: Labyrinth of Magic, and I finally got around to watching Hellsing Ultimate.

Nichijou was absolutely hilarious and probably has the most unique art and characters I've seen in an anime. Seriously up there in my favorites.

Magi: Labyrinth of Magic started off really grabbing my interest with the whole dungeon thing, but the pacing wasn't great and the characters were just average. I also hate it when major plot points are just explained through dialogue which was pretty common here. It was just okay.

Hellsing Ultimate was God damn amazing in nearly every single aspect. Most of the accents were totally overdone and I was totally okay with it. Plus, Seras' voice is adorable.

Episode 12 of Eureka 7 is like the ending of the EVA tv series; no fucking clue what is going on. It literally fits the definition of mindfuck.

If it's any consultation, I dropped Eureka 7 a long time ago for having some of the most unlikable characters that I'm supposed to be rooting for.

Also, starting Slayers: Next sometime today and I need to play catch up with Jojo, since I missed yesterday's episode.

Hellsing Ultimate was God damn amazing in nearly every single aspect. Most of the accents were totally overdone and I was totally okay with it. Plus, Seras' voice is adorable.
Glad to hear you liked it and yes K.T. Gray's voice is just precious.

Finished Eureka 7. Was pretty good once some character developmemt came into play, however I have no fucking clue what was happening the last few episodes; Nirvash, Eureka, and Renton became gods or some shit Also, unnecessary moon graffiti.

Back