General Anime Discussion Thread

What exactly is Nichijou? Everyone seems to know/love it but all I've ever seen of it is this gif
aa9.gif
Nichijou is what would happen if you took Azumanga Daioh and removed any fan service, gave it a big budget, add ridiculous expressions and let the writers go wild. Its a specific type of humor and even though some of it is Japanese centric jokes 95% of the jokes come across and are really funny and everything else connecting the jokes is a spectacle in itself.

Nichijou is what would happen if you took Azumanga Daioh and removed any fan service, gave it a big budget, add ridiculous expressions and let the writers go wild. Its a specific type of humor and even though some of it is Japanese centric jokes 95% of the jokes come across and are really funny and everything else connecting the jokes is a spectacle in itself.
Well that gif gave me a good idea of what to expect. Might give it a looksie.
(Even if I can't get into the slice of life genre, but this at least looks funny)

Log Horizon is like a vastly improved SAO. (SOA is still the shittiest anime I've watched to date). I mean, It's still got its weaknesses, but I don't have to force myself to watch it.

Log Horizon is like a vastly improved SAO. (SOA is still the shittiest anime I've watched to date). I mean, It's still got its weaknesses, but I don't have to force myself to watch it.

School Days and Chaos; Head. But just, School Days.

Perhaps I'll look into em' once I'm caught up with Log Horizon. I mean, you didn't steer me wrong with Spice and Wolf :D

No, avoid them like the plauge. They're cancerous cells that should be rooted out from the industry, even if School Days is purportedly a deconstruction of the Harem Genre.

Back