General Anime Discussion Thread

Just got back from Anime Boston here's the haul along with some other shit:
lDzmlFx.jpg

ZdgPdqO.jpg

1uSgj6s.jpg

Since I hate myself and deserve to be punished for not getting into Appleseed or Last Exile, I decided to watch the new show on Funimation's Free On Demand, Senran Kagura: Ninja Flash. It is horseshit and a reminder that crappy eechi anime is VERY prevalent, and if I wasn't watching it with a friend (to crack wise with and what not) I think I'd blow my brains out. The only positive thing is Kent Williams is the narrator, which due to my love for Yu Yu Hakusho I find amusing.

Just got back from Anime Boston here's the haul along with some other shit:
lDzmlFx.jpg

ZdgPdqO.jpg

1uSgj6s.jpg
It scares me to know you own a pair of neko ears and an accompanying collar now.

Catboy? Catboys do exist... they are a rarity though
This is the only one I know about:
%5Banimepaper.net%5Dpicture-art-anime-hellsing-vector-schrodinger-114556-mindlesspuppet-4000x3026-53fdb595.jpg

Anyone know another catboy? (Besides Bacon)
Actually I was dressed as a girl when I was in the cat ears and collar. I'd post pictures but I don't have any good ones with me.
nadia_la_arwall_11546.jpg

Also I just finished Nadia Secret of Blue Water and it was pretty good. Hideaki Anno did his best to make a child friendly and enjoyable series that is quite unlike many of his other works without getting rid of his general messages about techknowledgey and the ways we perceive ourselfs and others.

So I had always put this anime off as another Koi anime like lucky star and never even bothered to look into it. Recently after hearing of the new Disappearance movie I decide to on a whim watch the The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumia, without watching the show (Burn me at the stake). This really peaked my curiosity, I had always though it was just another highschool show and not a sci-fi thriller. I'm currently watching Haruhi Suzumi in airing order (I know there's a "proper" order but I don't wanna be confused).

I actually just now realized, every single highschool setting anime that has a WATATWIST moment and suddenly goes 2deep4me girls in combat panties and wtf we sci-fi now has been chasing the shadow of this show since 2006 and has for the most part failed miserably.

Last edited:
So I had always put this anime off as another Koi anime like lucky star and never even bothered to look into it. Recently after hearing of the new Disappearance movie I decide to on a whim watch the The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumia, without watching the show (Burn me at the stake). This really peaked my curiosity, I had always though it was just another highschool show so now I'm currently watching Haruhi Suzumi in airing order (I know there's a "proper" order but I don't wanna be confused).

I actually just now realized, every single highschool setting anime that has a WATATWIST moment and suddenly goes 2deep4me girls in combat panties and wtf we sci-fi now has been chasing the shadow of this show since 2006 and has for the most part failed miserably.

Boo, chronological order haruhi is best haruhi. There's also a spin-off taking place in the dissapearance world this season, in case you were unaware.

Boo, chronological order haruhi is best haruhi. There's also a spin-off taking place in the dissapearance world this season, in case you were unaware.

Don't expect much. They transformed it into to your traditional romcom. Still entertaining, but nothing spectacular. BUT NAGATO IS SOOO CUTE

Nagato.PNG

I did some research before watching as to what is the best way and even though most did say chronological order is the correct way, most said if it's your first time watching to watch in airing order, then after you watched it watch in chronological order so you aren't confused. Also, the whole reason I watched the disappearance movie is cause the new one was coming out and I wanted to know what all the hubbub was about.

Everyone's watching a bunch of anime, and I'm still running through the behemoth that is Slayers.

(If I wasn't so forgetful and remembered to watch an episode a day I'd probably be done by now.)

I was about to rewatch Shinsekai Yori since I have been in a rewatching mood (which you should all totally watch because it is incredibly cool albeit poorly paced). But instead I got into the Macross series starting with this movie. The animation was sweet and the sci-fi setting was actually unique if not even funny at times. Using that as background, I moved onto the most recent version of macross in the form of Macross Frontier. A few episodes in and it is also pretty fun! I used this as a baseline for how to get into the series. Take Kotaku talking about anime for what it's worth I guess haha.

I also rewatched a bit of Tekkon Kinkreet today. If you want to watch something in a very odd & beautiful setting, with a strange mix of innocence to evil characters then look no further. At times it felt like I was almost watching a book in motion with the odd ways the scenes transitioned and the peculiar fight scenes. I probably mentioned this before, but it's also the only major anime release in Japan directed by someone who isn't Japanese (Michael Arias).

Last edited:
Regular Show did a parody of anime intros, the most prodominent intro being parodied was the intro to Evangelion

Here's Eva's intro in case you want to do a comparison of certain shots.

There were so many more things in that episode that they parodied other than just Eva, Gurren Lagann, Gundam Wing, Voltron, lots of big mecha anime. It was an epic sode.

Back