General Anime Discussion Thread

I recently watched soul eater and found that it ended to quickly, As it was my first impression of anime, I now look down on all anime's a lot more.
Not meaning to make this sound like hate but are there any anime's that do have any sense of proper closure?

I recently watched soul eater and found that it ended to quickly, As it was my first impression of anime, I now look down on all anime's a lot more.
Not meaning to make this sound like hate but are there any anime's that do have any sense of proper closure?
I can suggest Katanagatari. Each episode is about 50min long, but it has one of the greastest endings I've ever seen.

You found one of the notoriously bad aspects of anime. For the most part anime is only used as a promotional medium so many times there will not be a proper ending. However, there are still many good ones that have a proper ending. Probably one of the best examples of this would be Code Geass which is also a great anime to start off watching. If you can get past the artstyle (which some people have issues with) then it's actually a great show.

There are also a lot of good suggestions throughout the thread if you click around :D

Like bbgunshot said, Soul Eater is known for its good atmosphere and among other things but is known just as much for its horrendously bad ending.

On top of what bbgunshot said, here are a few anime that I think have complete closure on what they have done and the only reason it should leave you wanting more is if you think you need another story arc and not a season for closure:

Cowboy Bebop Just a well done anime. Literally the epitome of "perfect anime ending" with complete closure. Also dub, watch the dub.

Code Geass (Tp emphasize what bbgunshot said, seriously, watch it.)

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Make sure you watch brotherhood and not just "Full Metal Alchemist". Reason being Full Metal Alchemist was made while the manga was being made and when they caught up to the manga they deviated and went on their own with it. Its alright but the ending was sub par. Brotherhood however was made years later and went note for note with the manga and is amazing in every way. There is a reason it is #1 on the 'Top Anime List' on myanimelist.com)

Black lagoon. (Gun toten, extremely ridiculous yet somewhat believable, insanely well animated and perfect storytelling. Unless your a pacifist or hate the word 'fuck' being said every 5 seconds then watch it. Also, Watch. The . Dub. All I gotta say, it makes the show where there is Russian Mafia Gangsters, American themed characters, and a black guy it just sounds wrong in Japanese.)

Not much on the best of endings for anime but in terms of insanely well done plot development, suspense, and character development Death Note is one of the best and personally my favorite anime.

Like bbgunshot said, Soul Eater is known for its good atmosphere and among other things but is known just as much for its horrendously bad ending.

On top of what bbgunshot said, here are a few anime that I think have complete closure on what they have done and the only reason it should leave you wanting more is if you think you need another story arc and not a season for closure:

Cowboy Bebop Just a well done anime. Literally the epitome of "perfect anime ending" with complete closure. Also dub, watch the dub.

Code Geass (Tp emphasize what bbgunshot said, seriously, watch it.)

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Make sure you watch brotherhood and not just "Full Metal Alchemist". Reason being Full Metal Alchemist was made while the manga was being made and when they caught up to the manga they deviated and went on their own with it. Its alright but the ending was sub par. Brotherhood however was made years later and went note for note with the manga and is amazing in every way. There is a reason it is #1 on the 'Top Anime List' on myanimelist.com)

Black lagoon. (Gun toten, extremely ridiculous yet somewhat believable, insanely well animated and perfect storytelling. Unless your a pacifist or hate the word 'fuck' being said every 5 seconds then watch it. Also, Watch. The . Dub. All I gotta say, it makes the show where there is Russian Mafia Gangsters, American themed characters, and a black guy it just sounds wrong in Japanese.)

Not much on the best of endings for anime but in terms of insanely well done plot development, suspense, and character development Death Note is one of the best and personally my favorite anime.
The one that speaks out to me is black lagoon. I also told my dilemma to a friend and they said to watch black butler.

The one that speaks out to me is black lagoon. I also told my dilemma to a friend and they said to watch black butler.
Excellent choice, you won't regret that. (And I say again, DUUUUBBB. The 'fucks' flow like the blood in the show and its glorious) Black Butler is eh. I would start with some of the more popular ones before ya work your way down the line. Get a better sense of diversity of anime for a lack of better words.

Anyone following:
Yamada and the Seven Witches
Grisaia
Unlimited Bladeworks
Nisekoi S2
Nanoha Vivid
DanMachi
Denpa Kyoushi
Shokugeki no Soma?

I don't know about you guys but I'm a Fate junkie and I'm pretty hyped for the epic Archer Vs Lancer and Archer Vs Shirou and Shirou Vs Gilgamesh battles.

I did find the Yamada manga pretty interesting so I'm following that too. Also Nisekoi for the same reason + continuity from S1. Grisaia is pretty awesome, and the 2nd season expanding on the protagonist's past is nice.

Then we have the random others that are pretty neat. There are a bunch of bewbs (DxD) that I'm watching as well so this season seems like its going to be very watchable for me. I couldn't find any from last season that I was interested in watching, so after a season of lack of anime, I guess this is a good season to return to.

That's weird, [ e ] (without the spaces) is the right embed code right? wtf.

Some YouTube links aren't the actual video link, or something akin to that explanation. It's a problem I've run into quite a few times whilst embedding YouTube videos.

c86.jpg

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!! (maybe, hopefully)

No Blu-Ray release?
I'll trade no Blu-Ray release for an English dub of Parts 1 and 2 of Jojo, because for a long time (and still potentially what could happen) it seemed like they were ONLY going to dub Part 3 due to it being the most popular part (in both USA and Japan).

I'll trade no Blu-Ray release for an English dub of Parts 1 and 2 of Jojo, because for a long time (and still potentially what could happen) it seemed like they were ONLY going to dub Part 3 due to it being the most popular part (in both USA and Japan).
Presumably the Blu-Ray release for Parts 1 and 2 of JoJo would come packaged with the English Dub track.

It's getting dubbed

Here's to hoping it comes to a theater near you somewhere between August 4-12

EDIT: Here's a cool but old video

Last edited:
Nooo, Ufotable , why did you do this?

Green jellyfish thingies, really?

Why must thou change important plot points that are a lot tamer than the shit pulled in F/Z.

Back