Graphics :)

Antecus

Looking to buy a new graphics card, and I have no idea which one because I don't know anything about them :confused: So I would love some help is possible.

These are in the price range I can get. Here where i live, or Europe in general, is very expensive for PC parts, compared to the US :(

1. PCI-E GAINWARD GeForce GTX 560 GS, 1GB DDR5, HDMI, DVI, D-SUB
051803807.jpg

2. PCI-E ASUS GeForce GTX 560 DirectCU, 1GB DDR5, HDMI, DualDVI, HDTV
051803796.jpg

3. PCI-E GAINWARD GeForce GTX 560, 2GB DDR5, HDMI, DualDVI, D-SUB not needed for my uses.
051803806.jpg

4. PCI-E ZOTAC GeForce GTX 560 Ti, 1GB DDR5, HDMI, DualDVI, HDTV
051800037486.jpg

At the moment I got dual monitors via D-SUB and DVI, so any combo works, DualDVI is fine.

Any other suggestions in the ranges ^ ?

Let me know, those above cost about double here for what they cost in the US. lucky me -_-

My stationary machine has a zotac and works 2 years down the line and afaik the 560 ti is a bit better than a regular 560. Unless you're into video editing 1GB VRAM is enough.

My stationary machine has a zotac and works 2 years down the line and afaik the 560 ti is a bit better than a regular 560. Unless you're into video editing 1GB VRAM is enough.
Thanks, yes the 2GB seem to much for my needs. I just want to run the latest games without needing to run them at the lowest settings with lag.

I'd choose the 560 Ti because it's better, unless you're too restrained in your budget.
On a very similar note anyone know that one site that has monthly builds for different categories?

Get a 2gb if you plan on using both monitors for running games. Otherwise a 1gb card is enough.

Ultra Textures on Battlefield require more than 1GB of VRAM.

Remember besides processing cores, GPUs depend on VRAM, high amounts allow it to do more at once. Such as load high textures and render those snipers in the bushes in the distance.

Ultra Textures on Battlefield require more than 1GB of VRAM.

Remember besides processing cores, GPUs depend on VRAM, high amounts allow it to do more at once. Such as load high textures and render those snipers in the bushes in the distance.
Ultra, is like the best, I just don't want to play on LOW with lag.

But thanks for the clarification, I need to look into this more.

Get a 2gb if you plan on using both monitors for running games. Otherwise a 1gb card is enough.

Well yeah, I have my Duals as default, I don't turn them off, though I play fullscreen on just one of them, it distorts everything on the second one.

Back