• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Having trouble connecting with your client? READ THIS.

Terghan

ULTRA EDIT: Ok. Given how the Direct URL connection works, you will have to connect to minecraft.net via the browser BEFORE you attempt to connect via Direct URL. Wooty explains why this is so.
I do not recommend using this method unless you have exhausted every other method.

If you're having difficulties connecting to the classic server via your client, give this a try.

1) Download the NEWEST version of the wom client. You can find it at http://www.worldofminecraft.com/Minecraft_Custom_Client_Wrapper_Download
(You will need to register on the website to access the download.)

2) At the point where you are asked to sign in, you are also given the option to enter a Direct URL. Enter the following in that box:
mc://classic.team9000.net:25566/<username>/28c1bde021dc4efce6448f2efccaadbe

Keep in mind, you need to enter YOUR user name where it says username, removing the <> thingys. (Ex: mc://classic.team9000.net:25566/Terghan/28c1bde021dc4efce6448f2efccaadbe)

3) Make sure you have your username and password entered above, then hit the 'Go' button next to the Direct URL box. Do not hit the Sign In button, or this will not work.

We tested this to insure that you cannot simply log in using anyone's username. You will need to make sure that you have YOUR username and password entered in the boxes above the Direct URL box.

Enjoy.

Doesn't work like that, sitll uses your username and password that you put in above the Direct Connect.

If your trying to connect using a password that has been saved, retype it. Sometimes the characters get messed up and it wont give you an incorrect username or password error.

,,could not verify player name''

plz help me!

EDIT:when i connected on minecraft.net and then on the wom while playing on the site it worked

This method isn't recommended. Direct connect connects without user authentication, and the only reason the server lets you in is because it's seen your IP before. If you change IPs, the server won't let you back in until you re-auth.

I think thats really annoying:

-I open browser, connect to the server.
-I go to here, copy the URL into WoM
-i put my username into the URL
-connect to the server with WoM
-close the browser.

Thats a way too much just for being on the server without building anything, isnt it?

try to read this:
and woots client doesnt work, too. It crashes all the time.

Back