Holiday Thread

amaterasu

Don't criticize me because it's too early.

Ohai, everyone!

I've made this thread to talk about plans, events, presents, etc. that you are going to buy/attend during the upcoming holidays. Just think about during a cold day outside, you're just drinking hot cocoa near the fire. Wouldn't that be a fun experience? Now, let me set aside some rules, first of all:

The Most Utter and Awesome Rules that Exist on this Thread and Shall Always Be Followed in Every Way Possible

1. Yes, forum rules apply
2. This is not meant for any other talk than for holiday related things/ideas/etc.
3. Have fun. If you don't, I will kick you

Now, go frolic in the imaginary snow! Just wait until the real ones come though, then it's a lot better. :D

Well, for Thanksgiving we're going down to Massachusetts to have the big dinner at my sister's new apartment. For Winter Solstice, I'm hoping my drumkeeper has his feast/celebration thing, because last year was really nice. We had a venison and bison stew, and did this gift exchange where everyone brings one thing, then picks one thing from the pile of random presents. I got a book of Native American legends.
Christmas, I don't even know. I don't even want to freakin' think about it, because it just gives me an ulcer.

I'm going to a Winter Solstice Celebration this Friday. I don't know what's happening for Christmas. I hear rumors about going to Grandpa's.

I'm going to Ohio for the holidays. I'm going to be stuck in the car for 8+ hours driving at night with my wife's grandmother. Whatever deity you all may follow, please pray for me.
I've driven 7 hours before, wasn't so bad. Then again, I was alone and didn't have someone's grandmother in the car...

You have my prayers. Kinda... I don't believe in a god, so...

Best of luck?

I've driven 7 hours before, wasn't so bad. Then again, I was alone and didn't have someone's grandmother in the car...

You have my prayers. Kinda... I don't believe in a god, so...

Best of luck?

I've done this trip before, and it ALWAYS sucks driving to Ohio, even if it's just a 5min drive to the state (it's a pretty terri-bad place). Now I'm doing at night so my son sleeps, and we're bringing her...

I want the bird flu.

Squeebz and myself will be heading down to Squeebz's parents house for a few days. I have to work on Christmas eve but I have Christmas off so I will be commuting to work on Monday. overall, should be a lot of fun....also food.

Squeebz and myself will be heading down to Squeebz's parents house for a few days. I have to work on Christmas eve but I have Christmas off so I will be commuting to work on Monday. overall, should be a lot of fun....also food.
Best part of the holidays: food. Mmm hmmm.... sucks to work on Christmas Eve. have fun.

Best part is that every Christmas, my sister bakes like a mad woman. She makes these little cookies we call Bonbon Cookies. They're little cookies balls, with a chocolate chip or two in the center, and they're iced on the top. Sometimes they have sprinkles. They're the best. I told that she doesn't have to buy me a Christmas present, just bake me my very own tin of bonbon cookies.

Staying in. We just moved, and we love our new house.

Fake tree. Gifts stacked almost a trees half height. 30+ gifts not including the 5+ I'm getting Thursday. Spoiled kids, I have.

Might make a nice ham, not sure. Something that warms your soul. Can't wait for the kids to see all their gifts.

I will be going to southern New Jersey to see my dad's side of the family a few day before Christmas ( about an hour drive. Not so bad ). Then I will be seeing my mom's side of the family on Christmas Day. Sooooooo I got a lot of family this week :D

Packing up stuff for move we are making hopefully by the end of this year, then surprisingly I'm off that night (if work doesn't try begging me to come in....)

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and stay safe when driving.

~Bored

I'll be headed to Colorado for some skiing after christmas.
I will be going to Washington D.C because I lost an argument with my twin sister on where to go. And because I lost that argument.... I am driving. (facepalms)
Went to DC last year. I enjoyed it very much. May have helped that I felt like I was living fallout 3 quite often. Go see the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unkown soldier, powerful stuff.

Back