I got a new car. Be Jealous.

Ok I must say digging the sounds, never been a fan of that model 'stang, but still a good car. At least you got a manual and not some pussy automatic muscle car. I hate that! Also if I ever could I'd have to have this one myself... http://www.obsidianmustang.com/gallery.html
That's one of my favorite mustangs, and not because of the title. I'm a huge fan of subtle but mean-looking body work, and the obsidian is pretty much the exact balance I love.

I agree Gurw, not to mention 800+ HP on pump gasoline... that's crazy!
To be honest, what's under the hood doesn't concern me as much as the aesthetics. Subtle, but obviously powerful....the kind of car that you have no choice but to do a double take, because it looks nothing special at first glance.

The reason what's under the hood doesn't bother me is that I wouldn't drive that car hard. Right now, I'm actually working on the kind of car I would drive hard....which is a sleeper car. 1998 2-door+hatchback Pontiac Firefly. I took the body off, scrapped the rest. Inserted a section into the body, to add a little bit more leverage during takeoff so that the wheelie bars won't break. Currently piecing together a frame (Fireflies don't have frames per say) that can withstand the rest of the modifications. Gonna be putting something with native 650hp in it (secret engine, shhhh), then adding a whole bunch of little tweaks and mods to push that to 750hp. Adding multiple-stage direct-port wet-system nitrous oxide in a 100-lb tank (I need the weight more than the amount :p) should push that a fair bit higher while the juice is flowing at max. Switching the drive to rear, and adding hideaway wheelie bars (I push a button, and the bars drop from under the body, extend out the back, and lock into place). Racing-grade front tires, nothing special, but the rear wheels will be racing slicks, but set into the body to hide them. The rear body will be angled slightly more than usual to allow traction during a wheelie takeoff.

Finally, the look. Which I'll have to get back to later, since I'm going to be late for work.

Sounds amazing! I agree sleeper cars are quite beautiful as well. I'd love to own both an all out like the obsidian, and a semi-sleeper kinda like what you're talking about...

Well, the idea of a sleeper car is that it looks stock, and/or beat-up, but has an insane amount of power under the hood. I could never be happy driving a car that looks like shit, so mine will not be beat-up.

The styling will be almost stock, with some minor changes to the body because of the extra length I added. Carving in some understated wind channels to increase aerodynamics, angling the bottom of the front bumper for aerodynamics, and the rear bumper for wheelies (like I said in the last post), adding a carbon-fiber skid plate for aerodynamics again, lifting the hood about two inches to allow for the bigger engine, lowering the suspension for extra handling. I am going to install LED's just about everywhere hooked to different switches, so when I don't feel like hiding the awesome of my car, I can become very visible. Xenon 4300K HID's for awesome (4300K is the brightest, whitest light available). Alternate "fog lights" hidden behind a bumper panel in infrared, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet, and ultraviolet. Why two light spectrums humans can't see? Infrared receiver in the windshield so I can turn all my lights off and drive invisible. Ultraviolet because blacklights are awesome, I don't care who wants to argue. As for the rest of the colors, why the fuck not? The paint color will be flat black with deep purple undertones. I don't want any gloss on this thing.

Stripped out interior, back seat removed and the floor panels smoothed out. I might install a massive sound system, but more likely I'll just mirror the floor, pop in a couple 10" subs in the spare tire compartment and 6"x9" speakers in the side panels, both of which I already have from a previous car, and do something funky with the rest of the interior. Obviously, racing seats and harnesses for the front are in order, with new styling for literally everything. Black primary with deep purple accents, touchscreen sound/engine/nitrous control/feedback in the center front panel, override switch in front of the stick, manual handbrake for awesome, and a stick with what will likely end up being a Minecraft Obsidian block for a head.

I managed to find an aftermarket high-performance exhaust kit that has an electronic override to completely bypass the muffler at the flick of a switch, but is extremely quiet when engaged. That will let me cruise around in an understated manner, but when a racing opportunity presents itself, flip a switch and I'm no longer losing power to the muffler....and my 750 horse V8 straight-pipe will make itself known to the world by deafening everyone in the area. I just need to make sure my wheelie bars are strong enough to handle that much power in a car with a curbweight of just over 1,000 kg.

Most people drool over their dream cars. I'm building mine.

that's amazing gurw when it's all set up I'd love to see it, maybe HD video's/pics, and IRL if you ever come up to Mi neck of the woods

that's amazing gurw when it's all set up I'd love to see it, maybe HD video's/pics, and IRL if you ever come up to Mi neck of the woods
It's my mid-life crisis car lol. I'm doing it in my spare time, I don't expect to have it done for another 10 years.

gotchya WELL atleast you have the knowledge/know how... I'm a tech person not a mechanical person... but I can do some gnarly traps IRL and survive in the wilderness so I guess it's something :-D

gotchya WELL atleast you have the knowledge/know how... I'm a tech person not a mechanical person... but I can do some gnarly traps IRL and survive in the wilderness so I guess it's something :-D
Military survival training is one of the things tucked under my belt too :p

oh nice, i don't have the military aspect, just personal experience, and a long history of experience from the scouts and family/friends...

Back