• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

I wish For a Tekkit Server

I've had a lot of fun with t9k members on a Tekkit server recently. One thing though: don't enable nukes. Or teleport tethers, world anchors, world anchor minecarts, or dimensional anchors (they can cause a lot of lag through misuse).

orlynao...
Sounds good and fine... don't want random strangers clogging up the chatlog anyways. I just hope your server would be stable, with little to no downtime.

The only reason I thought about using tekkify's server is because I wouldn't think anyone wanting to spend their effort/resources maintaining server health to provide a lag-free environment.

Please disable the Equivalent-exchange mod. It generally turns minecraft survival into minecraft creative.
My servers generally see little to no lag, constantly running at 18-20 TPS, and have uptime >95%

I actually like EE. First of all, I'm a hoarder (I store 100% of the dirt I dig up on the survival server), and the transmutation tablet lets me condense everything for easy storage and retrieval. I'm also quite partial to the mercurial eye (makes building a lot faster), the catalytic lens (all of EE's large block-removal tools are good for FPS because they combine all the items into one "loot ball"), energy collectors/condensors, and alchemy bags. Damn I love those alchemy bags.

EE does have a few easily exploitable bugs and annoying tools (watch of flowing time, lightning function of a couple rings), but I still prefer it. Though a lot of functionality can be mirrored with the other mods, making not using EE a bit of a cool challenge for someone hopelessly dependent upon it (like me). I guess I'd be ok with using everything but EE.

After learning about frames and how to make an omnidirectional inchworm engine, I was looking into designs for an airship. Then I totally remembered a kick-ass airship I've seen on an awesome vanilla-ish survival server I play on. Then I totally remembered that that airship is really fucking huge. And detailed. I'm not sure I could even hide the frames from view. So, making the airship above spawn mobile is a bit out of my league. It was worth a try look, though.

The airship on Survival's spawn. When you first start out on the server, you spawn inside it, because that's where they have the tutorial. After that, the only thing to do on there, is get on top of the spawn/dive 150 meters to your death (or water)

Magic, no advertising.

I will be setting up a 24/7 tekkit server in about a week. I would be happy to have y'all play on it. Anyone interested, I'll gladly PM you the IP.
I'm interested, could you send me the IP when it's up?

Back