Important! T9k swiggity swag interest survey!

y2hecate

Official Hookah
So, at my jerb, I have the ability to do magical things with lasers and access to nice pricing for other cool custom things to be made. And I like things.. and I know ya'll like things.. And an interest had been indicated for Team 9000 things in the past. I'm now gonna prod yous with a stick to see if there is still interest, and if so, I shall commence with the shenanigans. (Not intended for profits. Just charging production costs, rounded up to a whole dollar amount for easy maths, with the spare change goin towards the envelopes and such packing things I'd need to get.)

So, specifically, I asked Wooty (bootzdootzcatz) a while back if I could see who all might be interested in getting Team9000 fancy lapel pins. Kinda like those Pinny Arcade type trading pins, but just for T9K awesomeness. Somethinsomethin like maybe these:
paxeast_10_years_promo.jpg

T9kLapelPin_01.jpg
If they were done, they would cost about $3-$4 each (plus postage) depending on final size, and I would need enough people interested to get together an order for at least 90 pins. Minimum order is 100 pins, but I want some myself, yanno. :D

Alternatively, we could get Team9000 Challenge Coins! Kinda like these: http://wiki.paxcommunity.net/paxwiki/PAX_Challenge_Coin
These would be about $10-$13 each (plus postage) depending on fancyness of design options. We would need enough interest for at least 45 coins to place the order (minimum order being 50, but again, I'd be buying some.)

Also alternatively, I can make simple, light-weight, Team 9000 aluminum charms for phones/keychains/zipper pulls/whatevs. Nothin fancy. Like those dog tags and bottle cap cell charms I gave to a few of yous at that one PAX East I managed to get to. Or flat engraved custom-cut ones. Whatever. Point is, this is a simple cheap option so the most peoples would have access, and there is no minimum order, because I just.. make them.. for like $1-$3 each (plus postage) depending on the design and materials. Just somethin fun and T9k to have.

SO. Would you guys have interest in any or all or none of these things? Should I even bother taking time to make designs to choose from, and figuring exact prices? Questions? Opinionations? Be specific (and relatively on-topic plzkthnx).
Indicating interest here does not make you obligated to buy any potential things. I just don't want to spend time I could be using to make other arts, if nobody cares/wants shiny T9k things.

Tell all the T9k muffins to come by and give their input! This is a community thing for all of us!

So, at my jerb, I have the ability to do magical things with lasers and access to nice pricing for other cool custom things to be made. And I like things.. and I know ya'll like things.. And an interest had been indicated for Team 9000 things in the past. I'm now gonna prod yous with a stick to see if there is still interest, and if so, I shall commence with the shenanigans. (Not intended for profits. Just charging production costs, rounded up to a whole dollar amount for easy maths, with the spare change goin towards the envelopes and such packing things I'd need to get.)

So, specifically, I asked Wooty (bootzdootzcatz) a while back if I could see who all might be interested in getting Team9000 fancy lapel pins. Kinda like those Pinny Arcade type trading pins, but just for T9K awesomeness. Somethinsomethin like maybe these:
paxeast_10_years_promo.jpg

View attachment 143853
If they were done, they would cost about $3-$4 each (plus postage) depending on final size, and I would need enough people interested to get together an order for at least 90 pins. Minimum order is 100 pins, but I want some myself, yanno. :D

Alternatively, we could get Team9000 Challenge Coins! Kinda like these: http://wiki.paxcommunity.net/paxwiki/PAX_Challenge_Coin
These would be about $10-$13 each (plus postage) depending on fancyness of design options. We would need enough interest for at least 45 coins to place the order (minimum order being 50, but again, I'd be buying some.)

Also alternatively, I can make simple, light-weight, Team 9000 aluminum charms for phones/keychains/zipper pulls/whatevs. Nothin fancy. Like those dog tags and bottle cap cell charms I gave to a few of yous at that one PAX East I managed to get to. Or flat engraved custom-cut ones. Whatever. Point is, this is a simple cheap option so the most peoples would have access, and there is no minimum order, because I just.. make them.. for like $1-$3 each (plus postage) depending on the design and materials. Just somethin fun and T9k to have.

SO. Would you guys have interest in any or all or none of these things? Should I even bother taking time to make designs to choose from, and figuring exact prices? Questions? Opinionations? Be specific (and relatively on-topic plzkthnx).
Indicating interest here does not make you obligated to buy any potential things. I just don't want to spend time I could be using to make other arts, if nobody cares/wants shiny T9k things.

Tell all the T9k muffins to come by and give their input! This is a community thing for all of us!
If I had the money, I'd buy everything. In bulk. Especially the coins. I'd buy a lot of them, put them in a pool, and swim in them like Scrooge McDuck.

Sure, I'd be up for buying T9K lapel pins. Don't really see the purpose of a challenge coin but I'd have no problems purchasing one as well.
It's mainly for souvenir coin purposes. Just.. can't wear them as easily. Though we could design them with a hole so it could be a pendant. *shrug*
I think some T9k folks might play the "buy a round" challenge game with the coins at PAX, though. XD I can see that getting dangerous.. in amusing ways. (Amusing to me anyway.. which is all that really matters. Let's be honest.)

I would scarf them up. *cough* But yeah I could see a good bit of people would buy into T9k merchandise similar to how we bought into the shirts and buttons in the past. And you've always done great with the designs :).

I am more interested in the challenge coins than the lapel pins. I wear a suit for work, and the pin would totally look swiggity-swag-in-the-bag, but it wouldn't be *entirely* professional, and I don't want to have to answer questions people would have about a gaming site, and why I'm wearing a pin for them.

The challenge coins would be most excellent, especially since we're trying to start a T9k Pokémon League. There could be potential to have coins made like they're actual gym badges. That would be mega-awesomesauce.

At the very least, I could settle for the cheap-o aluminum ones.

If there's enough initial interest, I'll spend time making designs for both coins and pins (maybe a couple different, then have Wooty approve or everyone vote or somethin). Then I'll post a topic for actual pre-orders, and since they're not for a specific event, there's no huge rush, so I'll probably keep those open for a good chunk of time, or 'til enough is collected to place the actual order. Whichever comes first. So really, if enough people want them, we could totally do coins and pins both at the same time.
I can also get protective pin boxes or coin capsules for like a dollar or less, in case anyone wants more than just the plastic sleeve/bag they come in by default.

Speaking of such things I have enough buttons that I could probably scrooge McDuck that shit. Probably even worse of an idea, as aside from having the properties of being solid, they have stabby ends.

Speaking of such things I have enough buttons that I could probably scrooge McDuck that shit. Probably even worse of an idea, as aside from having the properties of being solid, they have stabby ends.
You still have my buttons too.

;)

definitely interested in pins and charms :D

Curious though, what metal alloy would the coins be made from?
I believe it's brass, plated in gold, silver, or copper, depending on design. Unless we decide on something not roundy-coiny-shape. Then it might be a zinc alloy, plated in the same. May include resins, enamels, epoxy domes, and whatnot, if we get colors and other such fancies all up in thar.

Back