IRL PICS! (if you want to)

My poor baby is getting rained on her first day
View attachment 143913
View attachment 143916
View attachment 143915

Will have to take more sometime when it isn't raining, and some inside ones before I destroy the floor with my gross work boots :s (of COURSE it would have to rain and get my boots all gross as soon as I get the car)

What work do you do that your boots get dirty, but you drive that little thing? Searching my memory banks for a potential stereotypical match, but nothing is coming up except environmentalist/tree hugger.

No license plate on the front? :eek:

Some states in the US do not require license plates on the front of the vehicles, just the rear.

I never knew this was even a thing anywhere. I was always under the impression that licence plates were ONLY on the rear of the car.

My entire life has just changed.
here we need 2 plates. one on the front, one on the back. x)

I was born and raised in Virginia, plates are required on the front and back of vehicles. I live in North Carolina now and plates are only required on the rear. From my own personal observations, most states in the North require front and back plates, and states in the South do not.

I like it. I've heard that the seats can be uncomfortable. That, in any form, true?
Haven't been uncomfortable to me.
What work do you do that your boots get dirty, but you drive that little thing? Searching my memory banks for a potential stereotypical match, but nothing is coming up except environmentalist/tree hugger.
The work isn't what gets the boots dirty, it's the parking lot, which is not a lot, so much as a field.
No license plate on the front? :eek:
I was born and raised in Virginia, plates are required on the front and back of vehicles. I live in North Carolina now and plates are only required on the rear. From my own personal observations, most states in the North require front and back plates, and states in the South do not.
My state requires them in the front as well, however seeing as it is new, I don't have license plates yet. In the back there's a temporary tag and that's it.

I've traveled through at most seven states, and of those states only One (i think, i might not have noticed) does not need license plates up front; Pennsylvania.

Does it cost more to double tag it?

Tags are kinda expensive...
How much does it cost you to just be issued one plate?
VT Issues both at the same time, and I've never lived anywhere else, so...

The only time VT has ever had it so that you don't need number plates on the front and the back started in 2012, and ended this June. You could only get away with it if you qualified for a VT Strong plate and had that displayed on the front instead.

I find that odd, as most provinces in Canada do not require a front plate.

It apparently has to do with law enforcement. It makes it much easier to obtain car information and collect revenue from a front plate than solely a back plate.

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2013/10/how-many-states-require-front-license-plates.html
I just find the distribution of state laws requiring front plates odd. I'm in full agreement with the requirements where they exist and understand why they exist at all. I just find the northern states tend to be closer in politics and relevant laws to their Canadian neighbours than the southern states; but in this situation it appears to be reversed. It's an interesting outlier.

Especially Alberta's most similar state: Texas. Alberta is a bit of a weird province - to the point that a large number of us have the Jack (or a stylized version) proudly displayed. We're big, loud, and rich off of minerals (not just oil, we ain't a one-trick pony). In any case, the fact that we're typically more aligned with Texas than Montana makes the data even more interesting, with Texas being the only southern state requiring both tags.

I just find the distribution of state laws requiring front plates odd. I'm in full agreement with the requirements where they exist and understand why they exist at all. I just find the northern states tend to be closer in politics and relevant laws to their Canadian neighbours than the southern states; but in this situation it appears to be reversed. It's an interesting outlier.

Especially Alberta's most similar state: Texas. Alberta is a bit of a weird province - to the point that a large number of us have the Jack (or a stylized version) proudly displayed. We're big, loud, and rich off of minerals (not just oil, we ain't a one-trick pony). In any case, the fact that we're typically more aligned with Texas than Montana makes the data even more interesting, with Texas being the only southern state requiring both tags.
do you have any speed cameras? if you do, are they only facing the rear of the car?

do you have any speed cameras? if you do, are they only facing the rear of the car?
Yup and nope. Speeding tickets come showing three pics: one front, one zoomed out rear, and one license plate shot. They have to be three separate pictures (from different angles, in the case of the rear ones) or we can have the ticket thrown out.

P2N7QwG.jpg

SUBARUUUU! Me likey. Also me likey you're from Virginia. All hail the Commonwealth!
hahaha hell yea! I was at the midlothian carmax for like 4 hours doing test drives and such and I eventually settled on that. I originally wanted a lancer, but I liked the subaru more. Considering where I work all wheel drive was a must.

So, I know that it's taken 180 pages to state this but this thread bothers the ever living fuck out of me.

Not because people post pictures of themselves. That's all good.

But because it has the sub title (if you want to). As if somehow if the thread didn't have that subtitle we'd all be forced to post pictures of ourselves.

Thank you oh benevolent overlord for allowing us only to only post IRL pictures of ourselves if we want to, rather than making it mandatory.

I also hate threads that have official in the title. What makes it official? Is an "Official Pokemon Thread" sanctioned by Nintendo? Because I'm pretty sure thats the only thing that can ACTUALLY make a thread official. Otherwise, it's just some jackass on the forum trying to make their thread the Quintessential thread by putting that word in front of it.

</monday Rant>

Back