IRL PICS! (if you want to)

by my best friend, "It looks like you ate candy and got it all over your face then didn't clean off before deciding to roll around a barbershop floor and that is just what stuck..."
6gA8O0M.png

Took me a half hour to shave everything it got that thick despite the pic, and I ended up cutting up my lip..

and no I didn't trim first because I'm not a bitch.
If you didn't have to trim first, then your beard wasn't very thick. Thus your statement about what you aren't is actually incorrect.

:p
I think what Casey means is, anyone with any sense to save themselves the time, and the cuts, knows to trim before you shave. It'll also save you razor blades. Or, he really could be calling you a bitch. I don't know. I can't read minds.

I think what Casey means is, anyone with any sense to save themselves the time, and the cuts, knows to trim before you shave. It'll also save you razor blades. Or, he really could be calling you a bitch. I don't know. I can't read minds.

I had to trim my beard before hand. Imagine shaving your head with a razor. Not going to happen unless you trim it really short. Also, if you let it grow too long then you chance never trimming it again. Look at Brad, his beard would probably rip his arms off before it let him trim it.

Got sick and tired of having difficulties getting out of my driveway at 5am every morning, so I decided to finally take care of the problem. The landlord refuses to pay someone to plow our driveway (he's Jewish, probably has a lot to do with it) and my roommate has been saying for over 2 weeks now that he'd get a snowblower... Still haven't seen that mythical creature...

Half an hour into the job:

5Z9eD6d.jpg

A "small" piece of ice:

4AC3a4W.jpg

2 hours and 15 minutes total:

yXX1xsI.jpg

My shoulder blew out before I could finish it, and surprisingly the shovel survived. (Although I'm pretty sure the shovel is gonna develop PTSD after that.)

I know this man and it actually is why. He, himself, makes these comments regularly.

So for whatever reason, one Jewish man feels the need to perpetuate a harmful stereotype about himself and others. Does that give you the right to do it as well, irregardless of how other people of the same religion feel or act?

Who we are to everyone but ourselves is the sum of our outward actions, and how we choose to let the world perceive us. There is nothing wrong with stereotyping. Stereotypical thinking is natural and common in all human beings. The danger lies only when you let stereotypes affect your actions.

If you want others to have any respect for you, stereotypes must die at your lips. How we judge people, treat them and talk about them should be at face value and nothing more, no matter what we may be thinking.

Pyramid-of-Hate.png

So for whatever reason, one Jewish man feels the need to perpetuate a harmful stereotype about himself and others. Does that give you the right to do it as well, irregardless of how other people of the same religion feel or act?

Who we are to everyone but ourselves is the sum of our outward actions, and how we choose to let the world perceive us. There is nothing wrong with stereotyping. Stereotypical thinking is natural and common in all human beings. The danger lies only when you let stereotypes affect your actions.

If you want others to have any respect for you, stereotypes must die at your lips. How we judge people, treat them and talk about them should be at face value and nothing more, no matter what we may be thinking.

Pyramid-of-Hate.png

Chill dude, there was no obviously no harm meant behind his statement. No need to blow things out of proportion.

Pyramid-of-Hate.png

Besides, everyone takes stuff like this differently. Here at my school, racial/ethnic jokes are expected and taken in stride, usually responded to similarly.

Heck, here race/ethnic jokes= sex jokes= hair color jokes= skin color jokes= school you go to/graduated from jokes= sexuality jokes= etc.

Getting offended about someone making a racist comment is seen as the same as getting offended as a joke about your hair color or some other miniscule thing, (except for the older generation, obviously)

When the teacher calls on the student. "Oh you're picking on me because I'm black. You ain't like black people do you." "Teacher: Nope, I don't, (other black person), you're next" And the class just laughs.

I draw the line when it's use to abuse or exclude someone.

Basically, in my opinion, true equality is race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, and everything of that nature being treated and joked about the same as hair color or something of that nature. If you're being overly sensitive about someone making a harmless prod/joke, then that's a step away from a race or something of that nature becoming just another trait. If you are overly sensitive and make too much of a big deal over something like that, you're just pushing it further into a place where it can be used to abuse or exclude someone.

That's the way I see it, anyways.

(TL;DR, the more we make a big deal about race/etnicity/sexuality, etc, the easier it is to use it to abuse or exclude someone, so don't make a big deal out of it, and it'll fade in with the rest of the traits of humans we don't care too much about)

Chill dude, there was no obviously no harm meant behind his statement. No need to blow things out of proportion.

You need to look at the pyramid again. Far too often, hate against certain groups of people persists because we have failed as a society to call out our peers when they act on stereotypes, and perpetuate them with their remarks and comments. It all starts with this. Denying that it is a big deal is exactly why it is still around today.

I believe that part of showing maturity and understanding of the foundation of faults in our society starts with understanding why it doesn't matter what harm was meant by his remark.

I am not offended. I am taking an excellent opportunity to help others see the light, so to speak. I simply want thee_pro to understand why what he said was inappropriate. Nobody was made better off by him stating a demeaning stereotype. The fact that others immediately defended him and called me out shows how uncomfortable most of us are talking about things like this. Have strength in your beliefs. You will not offend someone by stating your mind as long as it is rational. If someone acts in a way that you do not want to support, call them out on it and move along. We will all be better off as a society for it. I am just trying to do my part, and maybe it will make a difference in his life. The next time he goes to make a stereotypical remark, I have no doubt that he will think of this.

The fact that others immediately defended him and called me out shows how uncomfortable most of us are talking about things like this. Have strength in your beliefs. You will not offend someone by stating your mind as long as it is rational. If someone acts in a way that you do not want to support, call them out on it and move along.
And that is precisely what we're doing. I know what my beliefs towards stereotypes are, and I stated them clearly.

It's not that we're uncomfortable, it's that we disagree. No one was really calling you out for questioning his use of the stereotype, we were responding with our own views and justifications.

Lol. Even the picture thread gets derailed.

Re-railing.... Not sure if I've ever posted a pic of myself or not.... I will let you see me. Partially.

walking_on_walls_pt1_by_mountainboy965-d413fg8.jpg

Back