IRL PICS! (if you want to)

A bunch of politically correct stuff..
I reealy wish i knew more about you, so that I could make fun of you in some stereotypical manner...
Also to keep this on track, here's me, being grumpy about things and having a headache.
2014-12-17 02-23-27.775.jpg

I simply want thee_pro to understand why what he said was inappropriate.

I am just trying to do my part, and maybe it will make a difference in his life. The next time he goes to make a stereotypical remark, I have no doubt that he will think of this.
Nope.

And as far as I can tell, stereotyping is at the very bottom of that pyramid. Therefore pretty damn unimportant compared to everything else on it.

Nope.

And as far as I can tell, stereotyping is at the very bottom of that pyramid. Therefore pretty damn unimportant compared to everything else on it.

An attitude fundamental to the cycle, perpetuating mindless behavior. Saying that you have no responsibility due to the comparative size of the issue is blatant denial of the existence of an issue, implying it is a fundamentally necessary process.

Every variable has the ability to change the outcome. We live in a universe related in an infinitely chaotic math equation - you physically don't have a brain capable of understanding every collective change on the small scale, so you remain unconscious of the importance of each building block in order to function.

It's a simple choice. Be mindful of how powerful your words are; take the extra step of care to say something that expresses your own unique person in a peaceful manner, or fall to the low path of bigotry and prejudice.

An attitude fundamental to the cycle, perpetuating mindless behavior. Saying that you have no responsibility due to the comparative size of the issue is blatant denial of the existence of an issue, implying it is a fundamentally necessary process.

Every variable has the ability to change the outcome. We live in a universe related in an infinitely chaotic math equation - you physically don't have a brain capable of understanding every collective change on the small scale, so you remain unconscious of the importance of each building block in order to function.

It's a simple choice. Be mindful of how powerful your words are; take the extra step of care to say something that expresses your own unique person in a peaceful manner, or fall to the low path of bigotry and prejudice.
I donate money to charities, help out friends and family, and go out of my way literally every single day to help people in their daily lives. And you guys are saying that just because I made a harmless jew joke that I'm somehow an asshole?
You guys don't know me or how I live my life, so get over yourselves.

Ok, this has gone on long enough.

For those who felt "threatened"/annoyed/pissed off/felt like they wanted to be "self righteous and cleanse the non conformer and make him see the error of his ways"

Lemme ask this.

How does it feel being so weak that words used in jest actually hurt you?

Seriously, relax. There is no need to feel so self righteous that you need to beat a dead horse and "explain" what every bullying psa on tv says. His tone was lighthearted, at least that's how I viewed it. The fact that you are trying to ostracize him over this is ridiculous.

Get a grip.

Oh, and for those who'll say (because I know you will) "well how would You feel if we did this to you?" Dude I'm Irish, Austrian, Polish, German, British, and two native American ethnicities. It'd be nothing I haven't heard before ;)

Isn't there an unspoken rule where if you have a dispute with someone, you take it up with them privately, and not publicly? >_> Pretty sure there is, as I've gotten nailed with several warnings already for said incidents.

Strat, you're more mature than that. >_> You gain nothing by calling him out in public. If it bugs you that much, take it some place private where no one has to see it.

Now, everyone, shut your fucking mouths about this whole thing, or at least, keep it private and out of the eyes of the public.

Fuck.

I donate money to charities, help out friends and family, and go out of my way literally every single day to help people in their daily lives. And you guys are saying that just because I made a harmless jew joke that I'm somehow an asshole?
You guys don't know me or how I live my life, so get over yourselves.

Nobody said you were an asshole. Nobody called you any names. Nobody is saying that you are a bad person.

It doesn't matter what good deeds you do, because the issue is not who says what, but the fact that it was said at all. We don't need to know who you are or how you live your life because actions speak louder than words. Speaking is an action that is relative to *choice* of words. You choose the words you speak.

Instead of distracting from the point with a misplaced sense of personal offense, perhaps realize that this is a discussion of an important social issue.

Ok, this has gone on long enough.

For those who felt "threatened"/annoyed/pissed off/felt like they wanted to be "self righteous and cleanse the non conformer and make him see the error of his ways"

Lemme ask this.

How does it feel being so weak that words used in jest actually hurt you?

Seriously, relax. There is no need to feel so self righteous that you need to beat a dead horse and "explain" what every bullying psa on tv says. His tone was lighthearted, at least that's how I viewed it. The fact that you are trying to ostracize him over this is ridiculous.

Get a grip.

Oh, and for those who'll say (because I know you will) "well how would You feel if we did this to you?" Dude I'm Irish, Austrian, Polish, German, British, and two native American ethnicities. It'd be nothing I haven't heard before ;)

You are making some quite incorrect assumptions my friend, I am neither annoyed/threatened/pissed off nor do I feel like I want to be "self righteous and cleanse the non-conformer and make him see the error of his ways." I am 100% relaxed. Just because I have an opinion and desire to share it does not make me emotionally or physically upset.

I may be weak, but I am in no way hurt by the words spoken. Again - this is not a matter of putting people down or correcting them, but bringing to light the danger of such a statement made in poor taste. It is not "self-righteous" because there is no concept of self in ultimate morality.

It's not about you. It's not about them. It's not about me. It's about the nature and purpose of communication, and recognizing instigators of negativity. I don't care about hypotheticals, but I care about reality. I care about reality enough to know that you can't expect every mind to align to a perspective that picks up on subtle/nonexistent context clues to understand you are not being purposefully hurtful by making a casual racist remark.

Isn't there an unspoken rule where if you have a dispute with someone, you take it up with them privately, and not publicly? >_> Pretty sure there is, as I've gotten nailed with several warnings already for said incidents.

Strat, you're more mature than that. >_> You gain nothing by calling him out in public. If it bugs you that much, take it some place private where no one has to see it.

Now, everyone, shut your fucking mouths about this whole thing, or at least, keep it private and out of the eyes of the public.

Fuck.

There is no private dispute. The issue is not with a person, but with the apparent denial of a request to consider more thoughtful speech. I don't think Stratadon made his post in order to "gain" anything. If he is bothered by something someone says in public, then he deserves to be able to voice himself publicly. Why would you perpetuate a double standard, that one must not publicly address an legitimate issue while another is free to make a "harmless" racist joke.

The issue of prejudice, bigotry, racism is not a private matter. You may desire to ignore it, but the eyes of the public have been averted from these for far too long. How about instead of demanding "shut your fucking mouths" we respectfully request that inflammatory (racist/insensitive) remarks be spoken in private? That we all engage with each other in a civil and respectful way, calling each other to be more mindful and mature with our public expression?

Come on people, let's make an effort to be socially-conscious and socially-responsible. Please.

Nobody said you were an asshole. Nobody called you any names. Nobody is saying that you are a bad person.

It doesn't matter what good deeds you do, because the issue is not who says what, but the fact that it was said at all. We don't need to know who you are or how you live your life because actions speak louder than words. Speaking is an action that is relative to *choice* of words. You choose the words you speak.

Instead of distracting from the point with a misplaced sense of personal offense, perhaps realize that this is a discussion of an important social issue.

You are making some quite incorrect assumptions my friend, I am neither annoyed/threatened/pissed off nor do I feel like I want to be "self righteous and cleanse the non-conformer and make him see the error of his ways." I am 100% relaxed. Just because I have an opinion and desire to share it does not make me emotionally or physically upset.

I may be weak, but I am in no way hurt by the words spoken. Again - this is not a matter of putting people down or correcting them, but bringing to light the danger of such a statement made in poor taste. It is not "self-righteous" because there is no concept of self in ultimate morality.

It's not about you. It's not about them. It's not about me. It's about the nature and purpose of communication, and recognizing instigators of negativity. I don't care about hypotheticals, but I care about reality. I care about reality enough to know that you can't expect every mind to align to a perspective that picks up on subtle/nonexistent context clues to understand you are not being purposefully hurtful by making a casual racist remark.

There is no private dispute. The issue is not with a person, but with the apparent denial of a request to consider more thoughtful speech. I don't think Stratadon made his post in order to "gain" anything. If he is bothered by something someone says in public, then he deserves to be able to voice himself publicly. Why would you perpetuate a double standard, that one must not publicly address an legitimate issue while another is free to make a "harmless" racist joke.

The issue of prejudice, bigotry, racism is not a private matter. You may desire to ignore it, but the eyes of the public have been averted from these for far too long. How about instead of demanding "shut your fucking mouths" we respectfully request that inflammatory (racist/insensitive) remarks be spoken in private? That we all engage with each other in a civil and respectful way, calling each other to be more mindful and mature with our public expression?

Come on people, let's make an effort to be socially-conscious and socially-responsible. Please.
Did I say welcome back?

Welcome back.

This statement contradicts itself.
Just figured I'd point that out.

So here's a little update.
3714F95E-A9F3-4DF1-9310-9EF33F0F83BB_zpsa6mmxspz.jpg
Rem was in Peterborough a while ago... wink wink certain member of community
3E6CA291-BA0C-44A3-8BF1-C2F877F5E1EC_zpsibukruqj.jpg
Rem had his first grey hair, which upon noticing probably spawned a few more...
0DC6EC87-7100-41CC-80F1-DFD404E326CF_zpsgedimqhe.jpg
Here's Rem in the college workshop
A5B3C2AF-6574-4C30-BD91-2FDBAE999B2B_zpsopwobjdi.jpg
Rem went to Latvia with a friend (in London-Luton airport)
ED198515-10C7-45FE-98C1-A89136A5B74D_zpswdyqajps.jpg
Rem was In Latvia and did naughty stuff :eek:
857E9BBF-0A6D-411B-9F63-E3A5E684554D_zpsph98gi1m.jpg
And this is mankinds greatest creation...

they sell them in the local "statoil" gas stations, and they are made for drivers, basically it's a one open ended tube, so nothing falls out... genious... and they have double ones...

Why doesn't America figure out how to make drive-through food that doesn't fall out? My guess is that probably because we are all dumb pollacks - probably has something to do with it. Anyways, this sounds and looks amazing, I want some of this in my life.

Back