IRL PICS! (if you want to)

yes sir, went from a korean strat to a Custom 24 straight to this. truth be told I plan on using the seventh string a lot more than the eighth string, the eighth string (which, for me, so far is tuned to only F) is a tad bit too low to be a string to center my playing around (I prefer seven-string centric playing), but it will be interesting to incorporate for backing bass-y stuff and honestly I love the feel of the massive neck, compliments my huge hands / fingers nicely

also yeah, stock dimarzios don't come cheap. this thing goes for $2200 retail but I was able to snag it "used" for $1300. it's in damn near perfect condition though, apart from a loose locking nut but that doesn't impact anything at all.

That's a steal :eek: Your playing sounds pretty similar to mine, always fancied the extended ranges. Was it difficult to change between the two? I'm hopefully going from the Ibanez in my picture to an RG-8 or something. I've got fairly huge hands so will it be a difficult transition?

That's a steal :eek: Your playing sounds pretty similar to mine, always fancied the extended ranges. Was it difficult to change between the two? I'm hopefully going from the Ibanez in my picture to an RG-8 or something. I've got fairly huge hands so will it be a difficult transition?
to my surprise, I actually felt MORE accustomed to the feel of this neck than I did with my Custom 24's 25.5 scale that i've been using for nearly a year. you might find yourself overwhelmed by the seventh and eighth strings and thinking of where in the hell regular six-string chords and stuff go, but it takes little time to get adjusted to. the neck is so damn lovely and the scale length is just heavenly to my style, which I think will also do you justice if you go for an RG8, which is basically an RG2228 with a curved-top body and stock Ibanez pickups.

I hope you're planning on switching out the stock pickups though, while they are acceptable for a price of the RG8, simply switching em out for something like some dimarzios, bareknuckles, seymour duncans or even EMGs would make it SIGNIFICANTLY better but it sounds like you're already underway with that.

so yeah.

to my surprise, I actually felt MORE accustomed to the feel of this neck than I did with my Custom 24's 25.5 scale that i've been using for nearly a year. you might find yourself overwhelmed by the seventh and eighth strings and thinking of where in the hell regular six-string chords and stuff go, but it takes little time to get adjusted to. the neck is so damn lovely and the scale length is just heavenly to my style, which I think will also do you justice if you go for an RG8, which is basically an RG2228 with a curved-top body and stock Ibanez pickups.

I hope you're planning on switching out the stock pickups though, while they are acceptable for a price of the RG8, simply switching em out for something like some dimarzios, bareknuckles, seymour duncans or even EMGs would make it SIGNIFICANTLY better but it sounds like you're already underway with that.

so yeah.

I was planning to switch them out, but I'm not sure what for, what are the DiMarzios like?
Just been looking at some D-Activators. Any good?

I was planning to switch them out, but I'm not sure what for, what are the DiMarzios like?
Just been looking at some D-Activators. Any good?
For me, the DiMarzios have been incredible. I was fucking blown away by how clear the clean tone is, and the distortion brings out beautiful clarity in the extended strings. I highly recommend them.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387847850.845725.jpg

Oh sweet nectar of life...
I can say i like this more that nuttella

And you didn't visit? You big-tusked, sexy-legs-having fuck.
"Mom, can I go visit someone I know in North Carolina?"

"Uh, who is he/she?"

"He's a 22 year old male who plays lots of video games and who I talk to on the internet a lot, who I've never met and you've never heard of, ever. I trust him blindly because he's a nice person."

Yeah, that's going to go great.

"Mom, can I go visit someone I know in North Carolina?"

"Uh, who is he/she?"

"He's a 22 year old male who plays lots of video games and who I talk to on the internet a lot, who I've never met and you've never heard of, ever. I trust him blindly because he's a nice person."

Yeah, that's going to go great.
Thats almost exactly how it went down when casey came to visit.

Back