IRL PICS! (if you want to)

so after having my Bass for only a little over a month now, it has already taken it's fair share of skin off me.

Started out not knowing what the fuck I was doing, only able to use one finger to play the notes... Yeah, total nooblet.

After a week, I was able to play a couple songs, albeit with a fuckton of errors. Still one finger.

Couple weeks go by, I got somewhat comfortable using my index finger and middle finger to play it, so I was able to play a lot faster. By this point my index finger calloused properly like it was supposed to; whereas my middle finger gave ME the middle finger and blistered...
With the middle finger out of commission for a while I learned to play even faster with just the index finger. Finger cramps galore with that one, but do-able. (Very sloppy with use of middle finger, as my hand doesn't want to cooperate like it should and it's difficult to alternate.)

Today however, I figured I'd give my ring finger a shot in place of my middle finger for alternating. Definitely not what a normal bass player would do, but it worked 1000x better than the middle. Easy fast playing, but at a price. ONE FUCKING SONG and that bitch blistered right up on me :p

Middle finger is almost healed up, but now the other one is being a prick.
Oh well, I've come a long way in a month and can play a handful of songs now.

20150106_164036.jpg

Index: Calloused
Middle: Missing skin, but healing
Ring: Blood-blister mountain

P.S. Typing this was a bitch.

so after having my Bass for only a little over a month now, it has already taken it's fair share of skin off me.

Started out not knowing what the fuck I was doing, only able to use one finger to play the notes... Yeah, total nooblet.

After a week, I was able to play a couple songs, albeit with a fuckton of errors. Still one finger.

Couple weeks go by, I got somewhat comfortable using my index finger and middle finger to play it, so I was able to play a lot faster. By this point my index finger calloused properly like it was supposed to; whereas my middle finger gave ME the middle finger and blistered...
With the middle finger out of commission for a while I learned to play even faster with just the index finger. Finger cramps galore with that one, but do-able. (Very sloppy with use of middle finger, as my hand doesn't want to cooperate like it should and it's difficult to alternate.)

Today however, I figured I'd give my ring finger a shot in place of my middle finger for alternating. Definitely not what a normal bass player would do, but it worked 1000x better than the middle. Easy fast playing, but at a price. ONE FUCKING SONG and that bitch blistered right up on me :p

Middle finger is almost healed up, but now the other one is being a prick.
Oh well, I've come a long way in a month and can play a handful of songs now.

View attachment 144341
Index: Calloused
Middle: Missing skin, but healing
Ring: Blood-blister mountain

P.S. Typing this was a bitch.
niiiice, glad you're not using a pick :)

atleast bass strings don't cut as much as regular strings do

niiiice, glad you're not using a pick :)

atleast bass strings don't cut as much as regular strings do
well TBH, some songs out there would require a pick (fast metal, etc)... but yeah, trying to stay away from using a pick unless I absolutely have to.

Welp, in the hospital for a while...
20150107_224441.jpg

Was helping my roommate work on his project car tonight and the pry bar slipped and Slammed full force into my face.

3 fractures (eye socket, cheek bone, and nose) so I'll be out of work for a while...
Still gonna try and make it to PAX <3

Edit:
that picture was only 45 minutes after it happened. It's much, much worse now.

Welp, in the hospital for a while...
View attachment 144345

Was helping my roommate work on his project car tonight and the pry bar slipped and Slammed full force into my face.

3 fractures (eye socket, cheek bone, and nose) so I'll be out of work for a while...
Still gonna try and make it to PAX <3

Edit:
that picture was only 45 minutes after it happened. It's much, much worse now.

Youch!

You should drink more milk. I've been pummeled by prybars(in the face too) among other things and never broke anything(cept my brain). I even caught a 3lb maul to my right shin full swing and didn't break anything(I did limp all week... think hitting your shin on the toilet and multiply that exponentially for a pain comparison). Every time I'm called "milk drinker" in Skyrim, I'm like DAYUM RITE! You inferior lactose intolerant evolutionary downgrade! I will break your bones trying to break mine on you! ;P

Hope you heal quickly. And don't mind me, I just enjoy working on cars, and I'm very pleased with myself for never having a broken a bone in my body when I've seen others break bones with much less dangerous things happening. (I'm not saying you did anything less dangerous thee) I'm just blessed genetically on the bone strength maybe?

Hope you get 20% cooler and chicks find your new face/bone structure more attractive. :D
Unfortunately, being born a hemophiliac means that I'm way more frail than the average person and I'm lucky this didn't kill me.

3rd time I've cheated death now.

EDIT:
I'm home now, recovering for a while. Should be able to go back to work on Saturday.

how to spend fridays, waiting for my besties bf while drinking whiskey because my throat is sore.
also I seem to be out so often that I've developed the ability of a popular college girl, as in I can go out with nearly no money at all and still get fucked, while people that I don't even know buy me shit...
10407932_10204556216298679_1904701079452971110_n.jpg

oh and yay for wonky iphone fisheye lenses haha

how to spend fridays, waiting for my besties bf while drinking whiskey because my throat is sore.
also I seem to be out so often that I've developed the ability of a popular college girl, as in I can go out with nearly no money at all and still get fucked, while people that I don't even know buy me shit...
View attachment 144414
oh and yay for wonky iphone fisheye lenses haha
Dude. I read that "get fucked" part with the totally incorrect mindset.

Back