Is it just me, or does Dr Pepper taste like shit?

No, hated it when I tried it out of curiosity.

Probably had to do with being in Australia and I imagine it had to be imported.
Or something.

Or maybe because I'm just a coke shill, who knows.

No, hated it when I tried it out of curiosity.

Probably had to do with being in Australia and I imagine it had to be imported.
Or something.

Or maybe because I'm just a coke shill, who knows.
But Dr Pepper isn't a cola! IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO TASTE LIKE COLA! IT TASTES LIKE DR PEPPER!

So, if you don't like Dr Pepper, it's likely because you don't like Dr Pepper, not because of importation or whatever.

But Dr Pepper isn't a cola! IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO TASTE LIKE COLA! IT TASTES LIKE DR PEPPER!

So, if you don't like Dr Pepper, it's likely because you don't like Dr Pepper, not because of importation or whatever.

That's true, but as an downunderian it does make it hard to know what it's actually supposed to be, and while it being transported over distance isn't really the issue, it's mainly the fact It's an oddity, something only found in reject stores and corner shops run by familes. So that's probably why a lot of people who never grew up with it don't like it, they expect a cola, don't get that, have a knee-jerk reaction and hate it forever due to bad memories.

That's true, but as an downunderian it does make it hard to know what it's actually supposed to be, and while it being transported over distance isn't really the issue, it's mainly the fact It's an oddity, something only found in reject stores and corner shops run by familes. So that's probably why a lot of people who never grew up with it don't like it, they expect a cola, don't get that, have a knee-jerk reaction and hate it forever due to bad memories.
Well, it -does- say "23 different flavors" right on the label >3>

Well, it -does- say "23 different flavors" right on the label >3>

Hehe.
It's been years since I had it, and I'll be honest, I never actually saw that number 23.
Just flew right over my head.

But I'm almost certain it isn't popular in places where it's common purely on the basis people didn't grow up with it, like.. there's about 7 different brands of cola in my local store, and they're all that same cola colour, and Dr. Pepper looks almost identical to that, if not totally identical.

And since it's imported, you don't get any ads. So you have no idea what this stuff is, and after being conditioned to think 'Hey, that's that colour, so it's probably a cola' really wouldn't help.

Who knows.
I don't.
I should probably try it again sometime after reading all the ingredients so I actually know what I'd be getting myself into.

I remember when I was younger I disliked Dr. Pepper. As I got older I started to dislike colas more, having drank Pepsi all growing up, then moving to Mt. Dew, trying to drink cola again just made me sick. Decided to try Dr. Pepper again, and I generally have at least one a day now.
As a side note, Dr. Pepper always tastes slightly pruney to me.

-kinda- like if you were to mix different flavors at a soda fountain. Which I love to do, thus I love Dr Pepper.
I had always heard that this was how Dr. Pepper was invented. No idea if it's true or not.

In the Southern US, the Coca Cola company has made what are called "Freestyle machines," which include 100+ flavors including Dr. Pepper with your choice of cherry, vanilla, or both.
We have them up north here too in at least one burger king. They also have Pepsi/Coke with lime ^_^ Which i can only ever find in Diet around here.

dr pepper has to be the most terrible soda of all time tied with mello yello
You have just named two of my three top favorite sodas...

Edit: Apparently this was my 100th message.

Last edited:
k2-_107e89ff-c61a-4342-857e-2061539b200a.v1.jpg
The IBC master race!!! Nah I used to drink DP, but in recent years it's not been my soda as it does have a semi tart taste.

Back