• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Is it just me or?

Antecus

Mobs don't despawn when close to them inside the town plots.

I died due to this, not knowing they don't despawn anymore...

Is this something a mayor can turn off/on or?

If you are using plot system you can override mob generation in town - in this case turn it on/off. Should be under /plot command.

If you are using plot system you can override mob generation in town - in this case turn it on/off. Should be under /plot command.

/plot toggle mobs, worked and it disabled, thanks...wow to who ever in S9K1 turned it On XD

Never mind doesnt work, says spawning in plots is disabled, yet they still spawn, attack me and never despawn, unless I kill them. In game players are so unhelpful and ignore anything I say so, any idea?

Can you confirm those are mobs spawn in claimed area ? Aka they dont wander in from outside ?

These commands probably dont work, but just to be sure : toggle mobs off in town, toggle mobs off in plot, give plot for sale, claim plot, turn mobs off, unclaim plot, and see if those mobs (aka dont despawn) still spawn inside

Never mind doesnt work, says spawning in plots is disabled, yet they still spawn, attack me and never despawn, unless I kill them. In game players are so unhelpful and ignore anything I say so, any idea?

Towny mob protection is terrible. You're lucky if they despawn eventually.

The towny config includes a setting for how many seconds between checks/deletes of mobs in towns. Default is every 5 seconds, lowest possible is 1 sec. Of course, the more often towny checks for mobs in towns to remove, the heavier the load on the server resources.

The towny config includes a setting for how many seconds between checks/deletes of mobs in towns. Default is every 5 seconds, lowest possible is 1 sec. Of course, the more often towny checks for mobs in towns to remove, the heavier the load on the server resources.

Bukkit provides a hook to prevent monster spawns when they happen. Unfortunately, towny doesn't even use it.

As said, they spawn withing plots, i rechecked, and reclaimed all of them, they still do, they attack me i tried to hold em back for like 20 seconds, and they were still on to me. The only way to get rid of them is log out for a few minutes or kill them, just to find yourself surrounded a second later...

Bukkit provides a hook to prevent monster spawns when they happen. Unfortunately, towny doesn't even use it.
I was noticing that, Towny cleans up spawned mobs, instead of just preventing their spawns.:confused:

Not trying to derail the thread at all, but while we're on the subject of towny, would it be possible to enable the option to notify when entering a town's borders?
I agree completely. And maybe a non-perspective option for live map.

Back