• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Item Worth Thread

mcfar45

It seems like there is a lot of dispute about how much items are worth when trading outside of peoples shops so I have decided that we need a spreadsheet for this. Myself and Squishy will be making this on Google Drive and we would like suggestions from you guys as to how much things should be worth (e.g. 1 stack ak saplings = 2 diamonds).

LINK TO SPREADSHEET COMING SOON!

businessrfg.png

The Spreadsheet will be using Credits, that way there is a reason to be voting.
Make sure credits are not the only currency used. For those wanting a credit free experience, there needs to be ways to trade using items such as iron and diamonds.

Remember kids, the more credits flowing into the economy, the easier it is to be exact. I propose we petition for woot to multiply everyone's current wealth by 10, all server-set prices (ie. plots) by 10, and give us 300 credits per vote.

I guess pumpkin pie is going to be free once BaconJim has set up his factory again.

Anyone who thinks I'm going to ask less for an item because of some price list is going to be very disappointed. I hope there are rage quits!

Make sure credits are not the only currency used. For those wanting a credit free experience, there needs to be ways to trade using items such as iron and diamonds.

Ustulo once there spreadsheet is available you'll be able to see what something is worth and do conversions. For example 1 stack of iron = $10, for 1 stack of diamond = $30, so 3 stacks of iron = 1 stack of diamond. That would be how it's used. So there's no reason to list what the equivalency is being as anyone will be able to convert.

Edit: Also it'll be up to the person's discretion as well... I mean you might not want 3 stacks of iron for a stack of diamond, but CSI might accept an offer like that, so it'll really come down to whom you trade with as well.

If someone says "could I please buy 3 stacks of iron? I'll give you 1 stack of diamonds", and I agree, then someone else says "could I please buy 1 stack of diamonds? I'll give you 3 stacks of iron", and I agree, that'd be nice of me to go to all that trouble of getting stuff out of my storage, meeting them, exchanging items, etc., for absolutely no benefit to myself, wouldn't it? :) Perhaps in magical happy land, or wherever the ponies live, this is how things work and everyone loves each other and helps each other for free, but I don't stop whatever it was I was doing without some expectation that I'm going to make a profit!

If someone says "could I please buy 3 stacks of iron? I'll give you 1 stack of diamonds", and I agree, then someone else says "could I please buy 1 stack of diamonds? I'll give you 3 stacks of iron", and I agree, that'd be nice of me to go to all that trouble of getting stuff out of my storage, meeting them, exchanging items, etc., for absolutely no benefit to myself, wouldn't it? :) Perhaps in magical happy land, or wherever the ponies live, this is how things work and everyone loves each other and helps each other for free, but I don't stop whatever it was I was doing without some expectation that I'm going to make a profit!
Remember these are only stating what the items mathematically are worth, not what people should pay for them. Selling items to people comes with the cost of convenience, travel, labor, and finally, the items themselves. If you were only charging the cost of the item, then you'd be undercutting the market like a bitch, effectively being the biggest asshole on the server. :p So please, do try to make a profit. It keeps the market stable and prices regulated.

The entire point of this is to provide an general idea of what thing are worth. You can still charge what you want but consider what wil be on the spreadsheet as a guideline.

Back