It's time for a Public Service Announcement

katphish

Hey guys, I feel like this really needs to be done, as there are certain usages of words on this forum that really irk me; so here, have a free grammar lesson.

They’re = They fucking are.
Their = Shows fucking possession.
There = Specifies a fucking location.
You’re = You fucking are.
Your = Shows fucking possession.
We’re = We fucking are.
Were = Past fucking tense of “are”.
Where = Specifies a fucking location.
Than = A fucking comparison.
Then = A point in fucking time.
Affect = To fucking change something.
Effect = The fucking change in question.
It’s = It fucking is.
Its = Shows fucking possession.
Are = Present fucking tense of “be”.
Our = Shows fucking possession.
Through = In one fucking side and out the other.
Though = In fucking spite of something.
Tough = Fucking hard or difficult.

20120622143412!Grammar_nazi_logo.png

Thank you so much for your time, and have a nice
fucking
day.

I have never confuse this. People who make such grammar mistake? well, their just asked to get there ass's kicking all the way they're and back!
Dude, thats not funny. Grammar? Its serious business and and even tough we try our best to educate the masses, their will always be people who make these mistakes. Its are responsibility as citizens of the internet, whichever place and were you may be, these is you're duty.

You, then, have to realize that English isn't some members' first language, and as such, the grammar from their native tongue might not be the same English. As for the people who only know English and have spoken it all their lives, you have to look at the age of the person. If they're 13, chances are they haven't really had a real dedicated English class, so they're bound to make mistakes. If they're 21, then I don't see much of an excuse unless the person wasn't paying that much attention and accidentally put the wrong one, or they're just being lazy. Point being there's no real reason to be freaking out so hard. I'll admit, it irks me to death to see a lot of grammatical errors in a single post, however, I typically shrug it off unless the person is being an asshole.

Just a koala's two cents.

You, then, have to realize that English isn't some members' first language, and as such, the grammar from their native tongue might not be the same English. As for the people who only know English and have spoken it all their lives, you have to look at the age of the person. If they're 13, chances are they haven't really had a real dedicated English class, so they're bound to make mistakes. If they're 21, then I don't see much of an excuse unless the person wasn't paying that much attention and accidentally put the wrong one, or they're just being lazy. Point being there's no real reason to be freaking out so hard. I'll admit, it irks me to death to see a lot of grammatical errors in a single post, however, I typically shrug it off unless the person is being an asshole.

Just a koala's two cents.

Wow, proper grammar looks so weird after reading Bored and katphish's joke posts. I was re-reading "they're" so many times to determine if you were using it properly. :rofl:

were totes not going their.

obv i have good gramer bud
Your avatar.

I love you.

I'm going to put in my two cents. I'm a bit of a stickler for my own grammar - but I try not to be a Nazi about others' grammar. I try to be grammatically correct as much as I can simply because I like to look professional in most of what I do. Some days, I just don't give a damn, and those are the days you see me skimping on capitalization and apostrophes. Some days, I'm drunk, and those are the days that professional linguists call in sick so they can stay home, eat mint chocolate ice cream, and cry all day.

I honestly attempt to have good English.

When I'm not using proper English it's intentional,
For instance,
When I'm using
Truncated
Sentence structure like
This;

(whoa incorrect capitalization and punctuation).

Yes it does annoy me
And yes I used to not like Babybacon,

But,
TOLERANCE

Is

Important.

Yeah

This is a rip of a meme, but we'll let it slide.

Could've = Could FUCKING have
Could of = You're a fucking retard
I never said it was my own compiled list and besides, it's good learning.

EDIT: I never knew "could of" is a grammatical error. Without your post I could of never found out.

How to = Beginning of a fucking statement.
How do you/I = Beginning of a fucking question.
How come = Way to make specific people unconsciously picture you as an annoying fucking kid.

Forums = Proper everything.
Ingame = I don't care.
Real life = I can't spell.

I edit my posts to death, so don't expect a my comment to be finished until about 2 minutes after it's posted.
If a song has "bitches" in it I automatically love it. No joke.

Then may I suggest...
[collapse=This]
[/collapse]

Back