• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Jeb made jungles!

Ustulo

I was on twitter today, and noticed that Jeb added a picture of his newest project.... making jungles! Could they hold the elusive cocoa bean plants?

XaVJu.png

Because it would be interesting annoying if you were instantly in a desert and then all the sudden BAM! jungle biome, right in your face.
1. I don't see how that could happen.
2. Jeb is making the jungle so that it doesn't "break" worlds like 1.1 did with the taiga biomes.

1. I don't see how that could happen.
2. Jeb is making the jungle so that it doesn't "break" worlds like 1.1 did with the taiga biomes.
OK. Breakin' it down for you. Yo. (just kidding, I'm too lazy and too white to turn this into a rap. Like, I'm so white I bleed mayonnaise)

Ever hear of the Great Wall of WTF? No? Well, basically it's what rsmv2you, TheGurw, scooterboo, myself, and a few others call the sudden changing of terrain generation due to seed changes, updated biomes, etc etc etc. It looks like this:
830px-2011-08-27_20.39.04.png

830px-2011-08-27_20.40.20.png

This has an over9000% chance of happening if the map is NOT wiped.

OK. Breakin' it down for you. Yo. (just kidding, I'm too lazy and too white to turn this into a rap. Like, I'm so white I bleed mayonnaise)

Ever hear of the Great Wall of WTF? No? Well, basically it's what rsmv2you, TheGurw, scooterboo, myself, and a few others call the sudden changing of terrain generation due to seed changes, updated biomes, etc etc etc. It looks like this:
830px-2011-08-27_20.39.04.png

830px-2011-08-27_20.40.20.png

This has an over9000% chance of happening if the map is NOT wiped.

Meh, nothing a small dirt bridge couldn't fix! Looks like you've got 3 biomes right there already, forrest, snow and desert! Perfect!

Isn't it the case that all the terrain on the T9K server is pre-generated, so this "Great Wall of WTF" can't happen?

Back