• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Keep DFX alive!

Ashes

Hello everybody, it has come to everybody's attention that DFX is dieing. There is RARELY 10 or more people on the server (About once for 10 minutes every other day). I remember when I had to wait for minutes to get into the server. I haven't seen a full server for a month or so.

READ THE BELOW LINE, IT IS MOST IMPORTANT

So, I have several ideas that can help DFX live, but the main idea is:

Let's all find a time that's good for us to play together, so we can all play with a full server again! So, what times are good for you guys? For me, I can do it at practically any time, because I'm mostly at the house/friends house for most of the day and night during the summer.

Anyways, some of my other ideas to help the server running are:

1.Bring back the 30/32 fake server thing (It makes newbies like me click on the server)

2. Bring out shop2 (No rush double, no rush, it would be cool though)

3. BRING 2roomz back! (Maybe make 2roomz a once a day thing at a certain time? When I was a newbie I loved 2roomz, for fast xp, and it would encourage newbies to play before that to wait for it, and after to test their new skills)

4. Host a monthly torny for xp (I stole demon's idea haha, well anyways, make it a set time, we sign up a month before, people that did it last month cannot do it the next unless there is a free spot, but after that they can sign up again. Perhaps a 300k xp prize would do for the top scorer, and 50k xp to the winning team's members? Regular CS, please)

5. Make holiday xp 2k for 3 minutes (4th of july was kinda dissappointing, because we already get 1k xp because of day/night xp)

6. Helpers (Perhaps a orange name? No admin powers, just to indicate that they can help newbies with any problems, they would be asked to be put on a ballet if they wanted the spot, and we could vote for about 5)

7. Reset highscores monthly/ give xp for highscores monthly (Except dfx mod level, lol, and depending on your place you get 1k xp? for all highscore ranks combined? IE: I placed number 15 in headshots, so I would get 1k xp, and number 14 would get 2k xp, but I also scored number 5 in kd ratio, so I would 10k. I would get all of those combined, so this would encourage users to play more often.)

8. A DFX newbie/member of the month reward (A gold name, and 50k xp, to the newbie of the month, that is the coolest newbie that month, or leveled fast, and 50k, to the person who was cool and wasn't a newbie, we would have to vote on the forums)

9. Encourage users to post on the forums/play more often (IE: a message in regular typing (not the yellow/redish colors that pop up), that says "Welcome to dfx! Be sure to save us as your favorites and visit often! Also, check out our awesome website and forums at http://www.darkfx.net/!"

10. Give a more friendly approach to dfx (Right now, it seems all bleh and serious, but newbies don't understand that most of the users just screw around while on dfx)

11. HAPPY HOUR! (Once a day, for one hour, give everybody 200xp every round, everybody gets 16k monies every round, Kevlar auto-equipped, I dunno, I think it would be fun an users would play more because they wanted the happy hour spot)

12. New mode: Ghetto mode (Everybody gets a sideways glock, and it takes 3 hits to kill somebody)

13. DFX2 MODES! (Oh, im an idiot, I totally forgot when I beta tested dfx2, it was awesome, mutant mode, rocket mode, yeah)

EDIT (6/24/07):

.This was about the original DFX mod, not a surf, or KZ server. It was a super-hero like mod, but without the super-hero-ness.

.Fixed spelling mistakes on first post, don't feel like correcting other posts (I was an illiterate arse a year ago, haha.)

.Grammar mistakes not fixed, I'm still a lazy arse, and will always be.

14. Bring DFX back. :/

Dear Ashes, I love you.

Where too begin...

Lol @ the 30/32 person server. I would click it even when I knew it redirected in hope of playing 30 bots and raping xp. =)

The Tourny thing is neat with some edits of course. 300k xp isn't really alot. Although I rape regular cs and don't really care. In DFX 300k xp is equavalent to about...an hour or so of playing depending on activity. If you win one month then the next month if you are beaten by someone else while defended your title it could be deduction or plus xp to the winning team for however many months they were champs.

I help all the time. Although I'm constanly yelling at our ****ty admins I always tell someone the commands and how to play so even if you didn't have a orange name you it'd be the same thing.

I suggest that even though your admins do indeed pay double. I swear to ****ing god if beastieB makes me quit cs one more ****ing time I'm going to find where he lives and rip out his throat. Yesterday I was quit out of Cs 6 ****ing times because he can't handle words very well. Quit should be taken away from at least him. It's a command for hackers not for people that are **** talking like myself.

I FREAKING spent 30 minutes adding 5 more ideas, and a well thought up clan idea, and it wouldn't let me post it...great, just great >.>.

Oh and thanks muffin.

So because of that, I'm going to post it here, sorry for double post, to avoid wasting another 30 minutes of my life, it will be less detailed.

1. MORE items in shop
Double made the xp needed to level capped at 2mil, so it would be very easy to level some more, and max out everything, so yeah.

.Thick skin-less damage per hit, not superhero streangh mind you, just a little less, headshots still same
. Equiptment recover-self explainatory
.Money per round-you get money per round, maxed gives you 16k monies
.Clan level up-next idea
.Xp per action-self explainatory
. THROWING KNIFES-each knife is one shot one kill, and 5 second reload time per knife throw, ammo is now purchaseable, each level up you get another knife
. Berserk-Become the hulk for a few seconds (5 when beggining, 5 seconds each level up), faster firing rate, extra hp, faster movement, etc.

CLANS: OK double, I spent 20 minutes typing up this idea before, and it wouldn't let me send it, so here we go, if it happens again I'm going to smash my keyboard through the wall, happy birthday ashes. Bleh, forget it, I don't wan to type it ALL up, with the battle tokens, tokens pool and all that

Post your clan on the forum, with all the members, it gets put on the battle ladder, I would be willing to take charge of the battle ladder if you don't want too. Clans have to beat the clan above them on the battle ladder (The top clan just has to worry about defending, all their members get 200k xp each month), to advance, each time a clan wins a scrim (They need to post a screenshot of the end of the match, all scrims are 4v4 or 7v7, and first to 10 rounds won wins.) Each time a clan wins a match (If they are the top, they still get their top xp each month also), each member gets 50k xp.

The point of this would be bragging rights, and a more official clan system on dfx.

10 rounds to win? 5 round on each side? That wouldn't work to well and I will explain why.

In a scrim on regular CS the first round is a save round. Armor only if you are rushing as T. If you lose the first round second round is also a save round. If you win the second round you usually type your money and the caller says whether to buy or not. If you do buy it's usually mp5. If you lose the 3rd round as well you will be saving THAT round too unless you wanna be money ****ed for the next 3 rounds. Awpers usually wait 3 rounds if they win 4 if they lose. That's 2 to 3 rounds for actual guns to the people that lost. The team that wins the first round clearly has the advantage.

I know this isn't cal but I think it's a good system. First team to 31 rounds wins. 15 rounds on each side. It's a good system and should be used. But hey, I'm not the one putting this together that is just my two cents.

Also, Battle Ladder eh? So you'd have to play the team ahead of you. This works, kind of. I'll make an example

Clan List
Champs - XLC
2nd - Not XLC
3rd - sKg
Last - LSS

Ok, so LSS would play sKg. Let's say scenario A) LSS wins. Would sKg be knocked out? If not they would just have to play LSS again to move back up?
Scenario B) sKg wins. According to the way it's setup they don't get anything but a secure position in third. That's it? LSS would just play them again until they won or sKg moved up? I'm not really all to clear on this.

There has to be a better way but let's be reasonable. 1/2 of the people on DFX are in LSS and they all suck. 1/4 are in sKg I would say and the other 1/4 are like me and are clanless or in a very small (1 or 2 member) clan. How the hell would that work?

You could make it the way Warcraft 3's ladder is setup. Have a Solo ladder(obviously not in CS) 2v2 ladder. 3v3 and 4v4 ladder. All of teammates who chose to be on that team. And you could do a 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 RANDOM ladder where the players are randomly placed on teams and have to deal with what they got.

Ah, I like your scrim idea. Yeah, I never thought of that in my anger, but, the solo ladders 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 would be cool.

sKg would NOT be kicked off the ladder, nobody ever will be, they would just be moved down a spot. Perhaps give xp according to spot on the ladder so it's not all pointless?

The clan thing, this would be for when dfx gets more popular, and encourage people to make clans.

Alright, let's go with this:
all above ideas, I would love to take care of the ladders, if double would let me.

Perhaps the clan, solo ladder, 2v2 ladder, and 4v4 ladder? (3v3 would be kinda hard to do), and they could be representing the clan, and for each battle won, the clan gets a point (if the said team that won was in a clan), the point then gets added to the said clan on the clan battle ladder. You do not need to beat the clan above you, just get more points then them. There would also be a solo ladder for people that want to REALLY see who is best, this would be the beat the person who is ontop of you in a scrim. Sorry if it's kinda confusing.

Good tricks. I'd like to see how this whole thing unfolds so I'll be coming back here every now and then to check up on things and add to it.

Aight muffin, seeya round. Oh, and since tofu can't post, he pmed me this:

i cant post cuz i dont no why but ok first. double doesnt have the time for this just to let you know lol. hes constantly cracking codes to put on his server and hes still working on shop2. these xp rewards are too high lol. make it 100,000 first place and 50,000 to second and 25,000 to third. cuz from level 22 and beyond is only 2,000,000 xp to level up. double changed it to only 2mil for levels 22+ so it would be easier. so theres the exp and time part. clan battles can be made but think of how much time double is going to have to spend to keep on constantly giving exp when ever theres a clan battle. thats too much for him and he has other things to worry about too. o yeah take away the deduction of exp if you lose your throne of being first place. but i like the idea of combo kill/kill streak just cuz im first place on both of those lol.

O.K. People you're missing the point lol, Ima bold this part in the first post if I can. Lol. The other things are just idea's I'd find cool, and newbies would too. I could take care of the ladder thing, just not give xp, lol. Double doesn't need to do those.

"So, I have several ideas that can help DFX live, but the main idea is:

Let's all find a time that's good for us to play together, so we can all play with a full server again! So, what times are good for you guys? For me, I can do it at practically any time, because Im mostly at the house/friends house for most of the day and night during the summer."

At first I was like "I'm not reading all that", but then I did and you have some pretty good ideas. Hopefully Wooty can implement some of them...and yesterday there were about 14/16 slots full maybe 15/16 for a good 30 minutes - 1 hour and it was pretty fun...

god damnit i hate this fing dialup <_<, ill be back in 1.5 weeks

ANYWAYS! here i go with the explinations! (yay)

Ashes said:
Hello everybody, it has come to everybody's attention that DFX is dieing. There is RARLEY 10 or more people on the server (About once for 10 minutes every other day). I remember when I had to wait for minutes to get into the server. I haven't seen a full server for a month or so.

I gotta agree with you there

Ashes said:
READ THE BELOW LINE, IT IS MOST IMPORANT

So, I have several ideas that can help DFX live, but the main idea is:

Let's all find a time that's good for us to play together, so we can all play with a full server again! So, what times are good for you guys? For me, I can do it at practically any time, because Im mostly at the house/friends house for most of the day and night during the summer.

hmm... i dunno

Ashes said:
Anyways, some of my other ideas to help the server running are:

1.Bring back the 30/32 fake server thing (It makes newbies like me click on the server)

heh, that IS still up at relay.darkfx.net... btw its 31/32

Ashes said:
2. Bring out shop2 (No rush double, no rush, it would be cool though)

i will when i get back

Ashes said:
3. BRING 2roomz back! (Maybe make 2roomz a once a day thing at a certain time? When I was a newbie I loved 2roomz, for fast xp, and it would encourage newbies to play before that to wait for it, and after to test their new skills)

ehh, maybe. ill think about it

Ashes said:
4. Host a monthly torny for xp (I stole demon's idea haha, well anyways, make it a set time, we sign up a month before, people that did it last month cannot do it the next unless there is a free spot, but after that they can sign up again. Perhaps a 300k xp prize would do for the top scorer, and 50k xp to the winning team's members? Regular CS, please)

regular cs?? what fun would that be? maybe if everyone had set lvl 3 everything

Ashes said:
5. Make holiday xp 2k for 3 minutes (4th of july was kinda dissappointing, because we already get 1k xp because of day/night xp)

july 4 was rushed, if you didnt notice, i wasnt even here. I coded it in about an hour on june 20 something cause i had to leave. ill think about more xp for the future

Ashes said:
6. Helpers (Perhaps a orange name? No admin powers, just to indicate that they can help newbies with any problems, they would be asked to be put on a ballet if they wanted the spot, and we could vote for about 5)

Theres a problem with that, 1.6 has a restriction that text can only be green, red (t), blueish (ct), grey (spec), or the weird yellow that the chat text is. Maybe i could use one of those colors :p

Ashes said:
7. Reset highscores monthly/ give xp for highscores monthly (Except dfx mod level, lol, and depending on your place you get 1k xp? for all highscore ranks combined? IE: I placed number 15 in headshots, so I would get 1k xp, and number 14 would get 2k xp, but I also scored number 5 in kd ratio, so I would 10k. I would get all of those combined, so this would encourage users to play more often.)

meh, maybe, resetting stats gets kinda complicated becuase you end up with an empty scoreboard at the beginning of the month, temporarily filled with noobs. Id have to make it kinda phase people out slowly, like you lose skill over time or something.

Ashes said:
8. A DFX newbie/member of the month reward (A gold name, and 50k xp, to the newbie of the month, that is the coolest newbie that month, or leveled fast, and 50k, to the person who was cool and wasn't a newbie, we would have to vote on the forums)

gold name... read #7. maybe an idea though

Ashes said:
9. Encourage users to post on the forums/play more often (IE: a message in regular typing (not the yellow/redish colors that pop up), that says "Welcome to dfx! Be sure to save us as your favorites and visit often! Also, check out our awesome website and forums at http://www.darkfx.net/!"

Hey now, lets not get annoying. Ive played on servers before where it says "BUY ADMIN YOU ****ER OR I WILL KILL YOU N***ER FACE". Trust me, no one bought admin on that server, if you know what I mean.

Ashes said:
10. Give a more friendly approach to dfx (Right now, it seems all bleh and serious, but newbies don't understand that most of the users just screw around while on dfx)

...? bleh and serious...? elaborate on this topic plz...?

Ashes said:
11. HAPPY HOUR! (Once a day, for one hour, give everybody 200xp every round, everybody gets 16k monies every round, kevlar auto-equipted, I dunno, I think it would be fun an users would play more because they wanted the happy hour spot)

MARGARITAS FOR EVERYONE! Wait... thats not right... <_<

maybe

Ashes said:
12. New mode: Ghetto mode (Everybody gets a sideways glock, and it takes 3 hits to kill somebody)

Sideways glock? Right... and what is that?

Ashes said:
13. DFX2 MODES! (Oh, im an idiot, I tottaly forgot when I beta tested dfx2, it was awesome, mutant mode, rocket mode, yeah)

Mutant and CTF pretty much failed. They are way too in depth and fit on VERY FEW maps. So, those probly wont be appearing any time soon. But there are other modes ready to go, rocket, newb (all lvl 1), pro (all lvl 5), etc.

Ashes said:
I'll add more latter

(PS double: You can delete my other account here, my sis moved into an apartment and doesn't play)

Which account is that?

And about the clan battle idea... sounds kinda complicated. Maybe when i get back i can figure things out in more detail.

Plus, if you guys havnt heard, im launching new servers soon, starting with Dark Effects 2 - DFX-SURF. If i have enough admins, i will continue by releasing a DFX-SH (Superhero), etc.

Well, im out for now, see ya.

NOT super hero >.<. Those are horrible, because if you're new, you have no chance. <3 surf.

Haha, about the ghetto mode, I wasn't thinking right, we already have goldengun, so that would but kinda pointless.

"..? bleh and serious...? elaborate on this topic plz...?"
I dunno how that would work, I think my brain was malfunctioning when I wrote it, xD.

"Hey now, lets not get annoying. Ive played on servers before where it says "BUY ADMIN YOU ****ER OR I WILL KILL YOU N***ER FACE". Trust me, no one bought admin on that server, if you know what I mean."

Haha, what server is that? I wanna see it. I dunno, maybe make it just that one little message every 10 minutes or so? Like the "wondering why everybody is better then you? Type /shop in chat" thing.

Aww mutant was fun :(.

"meh, maybe, resetting stats gets kinda complicated becuase you end up with an empty scoreboard at the beginning of the month, temporarily filled with noobs. Id have to make it kinda phase people out slowly, like you lose skill over time or something."

Ah, ok, I thought it automaticly did it, whoops.

Oh and my old account on the dfx forum was a shared account with my sis, emmy_kitty.

what do you mean you cant have more colors of text?
con_color?

and all lvl 3 wouldnt really work so well, considering you start at lvl 8 and you would have to reassign tokens

i support regular cs torneys, its intresting to see somone lvl 23 playing without dfx

Haha, I know I remember when we 3v3'd one night on dfx to test the clan mod and me and guitar roxored Doubles team because I was MVP awp style.

afurrynoob said:
what do you mean you cant have more colors of text?
con_color?

and all lvl 3 wouldnt really work so well, considering you start at lvl 8 and you would have to reassign tokens

i support regular cs torneys, its intresting to see somone lvl 23 playing without dfx

I know, I think it would be more fun regular CS style.

Hey now, lets not get annoying. Ive played on servers before where it says "BUY ADMIN YOU ****ER OR I WILL KILL YOU N***ER FACE". Trust me, no one bought admin on that server, if you know what I mean.

A La X3N surf?

Those Are some good ideas ashes. I like em. I especially like that helper idea because all the current admins are gay.

I also support a regular CS mode. I mean, face it. You ARE playing CS when your playing dfx. And its funny to watch people like yi soon shin, and the lss nubs play non-modded CS. Ive done it once, but it was funny as ****.

But yeah. DFX SURF? kickass. Oh. And Wooty, i want admin on surf asylum. Pleasezorz?

Poop Out a Dime said:
And its funny to watch people like yi soon shin, and the lss nubs play non-modded CS. Ive done it once, but it was funny as ****. But when I watch Muffin Play original CS I wet my pants and touch myself because it's leet ****.

Fixed.

Hulk Round, 1 user gets about 20k hp and everyone else is autoswitched to the other team and they have to kill the hulk. The hulk can only use knife and no hook, the other people can use weapons but they cant use hook. The person to kill hulk gets like 50k xp and everyone else that is still alive gets 10k xp, if the hulk wins he gets 25k xp since its pretty easy for him to win. And it can only be used once per map, but it might be easily exploited with only 2 people on the server...sort of stole the concept from fy_rambohulk...

20k Hp is way to much. Trust me. I did it on a regular server when what we called the juggernaut had 15k life. It isn't really possible. Hp would have to be tweaked and stuff. Giving juggz hook is also a bad idea because he can camp in spots not possble to reach without hook.

Needs rethinking.

Back