• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Kiyomi Buildings Thread

lacar1601

Hello Kiyomi citizens,

Here you will post your building ideas, sources of inspiration, and pictures of any constructions of the traditional Japanese or East Asian nature.

If you are not a member of Kiyomi and would like to be, please apply in our Application Thread.

Completed Community Buildings in Kiyomi:
Palace, Warehouse, Transport hub, Outpost, Tavern/Inn, Forge, Nature Shrine, Farm, Barn, Market, Alchemy Lab, Town Hall, Gallows, Kabuki Theatre

Community Buildings under construction:
Tree Project A, Port, False Gods, Kranker's Water Fountain

Completed Homes:
Lacar1601's mansion, Kuchenhorst's Mansion, Colton's house, Jordanlin's house

Homes under construction:
Deinmentor's mansion, Redbit's house, Aridim's mini-castle

Current Ideas:
Port Ships, Palace Extension, Lighthouse, Tree Project B, Mother Tree, Random's mini-castle, Market Extension, Language Center, hot springs bath

Working on the port. Need ideas for ships.

Atakebune
Atakebune.jpg

Red Seal Ship
red_seal_ship.jpg

Chinese Junk
Chinese_Junk.jpg

Chinese Red Dragon
RedDragonStbd.jpg RED_DRAGON.jpg

Ok here's the reference for my current project:
t81.jpg

pht-k26-07-03.jpg

4034-10955.jpg

XYZeXYZe4201_175.jpg

samurai_01.jpg

Generally speaking, I am going to try to capture the look of the aizu residence with a zen style garden (maybe ill post pics on this later).
Also always a goon inspiration is the tenchu game series:
Its a bit gory though =D

Ok here's the reference for my current project:
t81.jpg

pht-k26-07-03.jpg

4034-10955.jpg

XYZeXYZe4201_175.jpg

samurai_01.jpg

Generally speaking, I am going to try to capture the look of the aizu residence with a zen style garden (maybe ill post pics on this later).
Also always a goon inspiration is the tenchu game series:
Its a bit gory though =D
That game was cool. I always failed at it though XD

Current Ideas:
Palace Extension

What did you have in mind with the palace? We could implement the Charter idea that was mentioned in our conversation and expand the basement. Anything else you had planned?

Also, we should add the proposed initiation structure.

What did you have in mind with the palace? We could implement the Charter idea that was mentioned in our conversation and expand the basement. Anything else you had planned?

Also, we should add the proposed initiation structure.

Ah yes, we should do that too, but that's for the Grand Building, right? (We need an official name for that building -.-)

I was talking about Dein's proposal to add another Heian Palace structure to the one we currently have. You know, the southern palace? The one with the secret entrance to Redbit's lab?

HeianShrine.jpg HeianShrine2.jpg

Ah yes, we should do that too, but that's for the Grand Building, right? (We need an official name for that building -.-)

I was talking about Dein's proposal to add another Heian Palace structure to the one we currently have. You know, the southern palace? The one with the secret entrance to Redbit's lab?

The moment you said it I realized we were talking about different things - I suppose that's what I get for writing messages late at night :sick:

Either way: Yes, we definitely need to get started on the Heian Palace extension. As for the 'Grand Building' I think most have gotten used to calling it Town Hall - but now that you mention it I'll start looking for a more fitting name to give it some character. And yes, the idea was for the Town Hall.

I still need to come visit Kiyomi....

Do it!!! :D

Here's a rough draft of the Chinese Red Dragon that I made in single creative mode. I'm thinking of using this model for the merchant ship.

2012-02-11_13.27.12.png

Does anyone have experience in building boats in minecraft? What are some good techniques to employ when making these ships?

Here's a rough draft of the Chinese Red Dragon that I made in single creative mode. I'm thinking of using this model for the merchant ship.

View attachment 91168

Does anyone have experience in building boats in minecraft? What are some good techniques to employ when making these ships?

I started to work on some things myself and I suggest we compare our creations before we start. I think what you have there is a decent outline, but I will forward you some more intricate design ideas once I get home sometime later this weekend or early next week.

I reckon you should have a front entranceway such as the entrance to Asakusa, Tokyo:
DSC00233.JPG

(Went there meself - like my photography?)

Hey guys!

I'd like to build my home around [2180|2300] (that's where my name is written on the ground with redstone), because living under a bridge is getting uncomfortable ;)
Would that be ok for everyone?

Regards

It's fine by me - I would encourage you to pick a real life model so others can help you in the building process. Also, I hope you won't build anything excessively large so you won't block my view :p

Hey guys!

I'd like to build my home around [2180|2300] (that's where my name is written on the ground with redstone), because living under a bridge is getting uncomfortable ;)
Would that be ok for everyone?

Regards

I'm ok with that as well.

I bet that Red's house it going to be full of redstone contraptions. lol

I was hoping i would i would be able to build this for my house just downsized more lmfao

Attachments

• matsue-castle.jpg
    matsue-castle.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 171
Really nice picture =)
I've yet to visit japan, so rest assured of my envy :D
I actually made such an entrance for my mansion. It's a classic deisng, I just had to <3
Why thank you. BTW, if you do ever go to Japan, that there gate is in the Asakusa temple markets. Asakusa is in Tokyo, it's a nice place, and a popular tourist destination. (Not to mention, you can buy all sorts of Pokemon plushes there, and ocarinas, too.)

Back