• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Kiyomi Buildings Thread

Why thank you. BTW, if you do ever go to Japan, that there gate is in the Asakusa temple markets. Asakusa is in Tokyo, it's a nice place, and a popular tourist destination. (Not to mention, you can buy all sorts of Pokemon plushes there, and ocarinas, too.)

lmfao pokemon and zelda<3 ahaha

Lighthouses to consider...
japaneseLighthouse1.jpg JapaneseLighthouse2.jpg JapanLighthouse3.jpg

As promised, here's a few screenshots for boat ideas. They're not my own work but they might serve as inspiration.

Fishing boats 2.png Fishing boats.png Sailboat 1.png Sailboat 1-2.png Sailboat 2.png

really good looking lighthouses (especially the 2nd :D) also i remember seeing something on youtube that would allows the light to scan the area instead of just having the whole thing open. Just an idea btw.

I'm intrigued. Explain further, if you will. Can this be done in Minecraft?

I'm intrigued. Explain further, if you will. Can this be done in Minecraft?
I would imagine it would be as simple as covering a Jack-O'-Lantern or a block of Glowstone with Pistosn, and rigging up a simple timing mechanism, so that you could have the different faces of the block show, in say, 1 second increments.

Here is the plan for the rest of the port.
PortPlans.jpg

Between the customs house and the port warehouse, I would like to have a parallelogram-shaped mini plaza with some decoration in the center (a sakura tree or a statue). To the East of the port by the Hollywood sign, there should be some cranes (maybe too western?) that would figuratively unload the cargo from the merchant ship. In front of the cranes along the dock, I would like a minecart track with an arbitrary storage cart that runs from the end of the dock into the warehouse. Lighthouse to the West as suggested by aridim.

Thoughts? Concerns?

OP updated.

Thanks for implementing all the changes/additions that were made in the OP.
Your port ideas are looking good! The only thing I might change is the cranes - maybe we can set up some sort of pulley system instead to give it a more traditional look? Then again, that will be difficult to design. Perhaps we should even extend the plaza down to that gazebo structure North of jordanlin's house? Or do we have any ideas for a small building that might fit in that small area?

On another note: The Kabuki Theatre is quickly nearing completion, so if you guys would like any more crazy ideas to be implemented, now would be a good time to mention them.

Also know that i look at this what is the Atakebune and how is it going to float on water?

Indeed. I think that the Atakebune is quite an awkward naval vessel. These things are massive.
I give mention to it in two posts on the first page. In one of them, I posted a picture from Age of Empires III: Asian Dynasties that gives a pretty good reconstruction of the Atakebune. You'll need to look closely in the upper left corner of the first picture.

Alright so its a ship got it and if you could give some thoughts on the revolving lighthouse cause if were not going to do it i wont farm for slimeballs

Second draft of the merchant ship

2012-03-02_22.07.34.png 2012-03-02_22.07.55.png 2012-03-02_22.08.14.png

I think I made this one a little too long, but other than that I think it's a go for our town.

Alright so its a ship got it and if you could give some thoughts on the revolving lighthouse cause if were not going to do it i wont farm for slimeballs

I would go with this awesome idea if the server didn't lag redstone signals.
Nonetheless, slimeballs are something we will always need. Redbits will thank you for them.

Back