• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Kiyomi - Japanese-Themed Town - Application Thread

lacar1601

*NOTICE* Due to the server wipe of June 20, 2012, Kiyomi no longer exists.
This thread is obsolete. It is no longer necessary to apply for this town.

Do you crave exotic architecture?
Are you looking for an active and tight-knit community?
Are you multi-cultured?

Then Kiyomi might be for you!

2012-02-06_19.50.10.png

Founded in the early days of the Team9000 Minecraft 1.0 Survival server by our fearless leader, munchkin19, Kiyomi has now grown into one of the largest communities on the server. And we are still growing!

Town Center Coordinates: 2280x, 2300z

You can join Kiyomi, too!

But first, we want to get to know you as a fellow Minecrafter. Read the Charter in the next post, then post your application.

In your response application, just answer the following questions with as much detail as you possibly can. You are not obligated to answer all of them, but the more details you provide, the more likely you are to join. Don't be afraid to rant on and on. We will not TL;DR you.

1) Username
2) Have you read the town charter?
3) Do you have "Sign Island" priveleges?
4) Describe your experience with minecraft in general. Have you joined any towns previously? If so, why did you leave them?
5) Describe your fascination with Eastern culture.
6) What do you expect from Kiyomi as a community?
7) Have you interacted with a resident of Kiyomi before? If so, who?

All of us in Kiyomi look forward to meeting you and having you join our town. If you have any concerns with the town rules as outlined in the Charter, feel free to share them here or in the community conversation.

NOTE
Off topic and unhelpful responses will be asked to be deleted.

Kiyomi Charter
Building Expectations:
Kiyomi is a democratic community. All building activities are carried out under the consensus of the majority of current town members. Individual building is acceptable as long as your intent is known and approved by the majority. You must state your intent before you build. Your intent must include what you will build and where you will build it. All building projects may be discussed in our Kiyomi Buildings Thread on the Team9000 forums.

All buildings must have a traditional Japanese or East Asian theme.

All plots within Kiyomi are publically open to all Kiyomi members. Private property does not exist. This means that every resident of Kiyomi has open access to all community areas, houses, and chests except for the Vault.

All underground mining activities are to be done in the community mines. Creating new surface mines near community areas and homes is not aesthetically pleasing, and will be closed.

House Permissions:
Residents wishing to build a house in Kiyomi must pay a one-time symbolic fee of 5 diamonds. This symbolic fee is a mark of self-sacrifice for Kiyomi, and will be a Resident’s final rite of passage for acceptance into the Kiyomi community. The diamonds you give will be used to claim more plots to support a growing population.

Economy Expectations:
You will be expected to improve the town economy by contributing items to the warehouse, consuming items within reason, and improving town infrastructure (with majority consensus).

All resources acquired by Kiyomi residents are to be shared with the rest of the community when not in use. It is preferred that you place unused items in the warehouse. If you understand this expectation, please write “Heian Palace” when you write your application.

Until such time comes when claiming more plots for the town is no longer necessary, it is extremely preferred that any diamonds you find be given to the town. Consuming diamonds for weapons, tools and armor is considered wasteful.

The Vault:
Resources of high value, such as diamonds, dungeon items, and slime balls, are stored in the Vault. Only the Mayor and Assistants have access to it. Residents may ask an Assistant to store or withdraw an item from the Vault.

The Vault is the only place in Kiyomi where private belongings can be stored. Residents may ask an Assistant to store belongings in the Vault. However, the Assistants may refuse such request if the items could be better used by the Kiyomi community. Examples of acceptable Vault-worthy personal items include enchanted armor, weapons and potions.

Rest assured, we will not forcefully remove your valuable possessions from your chests.

Applying for Residency
Member Initiation
Prospecting residents who wish to join Kiyomi must prove their qualities for productivity, trust, and community. They must also satisfy the following requirements.
1) Show that you have read and understood the Kiyomi Charter
2) Obtain Sign Island privileges
3) Answer the questions in the Kiyomi Application Thread on the Team9000 forums

After the above requirements are met, Initiates will be invited to the Kiyomi community conversation on the Team9000 website. If you understand this expectation, please write “Philosoraptor” when you write your application. Initiates are obliged to introduce themselves to the community. The current residents will discuss whether Initiates will be a good fit for Kiyomi’s virtues. Initiates will be made into Residents after a majority vote.

Initiates can increase trust by
1) Having a recorded history with T9k, whether on the Minecraft servers or on forums.
2) Helping current residents with an out-of-town project. This will allow us to get to know you better.
3) Participating in community conversations.

Assistanthood
When Residents have achieved a threshold of trust with the town, the Mayor will promote him or her to Assistant. Those with Assistant privileges can access the Vault and other areas not available to Residents.

Punishment for Extreme Civil Disobedience:
Should Residents continue to disregard Kiyomi’s rules as outlined in this Charter despite multiple warnings from the Mayor and Assistants, then the Mayor and Assistants reserve the right to kick the offending Resident from Kiyomi without prior notice.

Disregard of Team9000’s Survival Server rules will result in a ban.
/Charter

If you have concerns or questions regarding the Charter, please feel free to ask in this thread or in the conversation.

Thank you very much, Vorsprung (yay Google translate :p)
Looks like you caught on the meaning of the town's name ;)
Forgive me, but my knowledge of 日本語 only goes so far. What does 'kiyomi' mean, exactly?

Hmmm... I'm not sure about that... But never mind, it's a nice name, in any case.

1) ZEROBIT4
2) Indeed I have. "I punch trees for wood" and "T9k Gaming Rox" were some things I was told to say ;)
3) Yes
4) My experience with Minecraft has been a fairly decent one. Back in 1.7, I was a member of an awesome little town called Robur along with Vorsprung, Kc, Minerjuco, Madcart, and Jorcraft. We had some great plans for that town, unfortunately we caught the bad side of a server wipe. I made $2.00 selling cake in my little shop. Hooray!
5) I've always regarded the Eastern architecture as one of the most artistic styles in the world. My favorite things to build are pagodas.
6) I just expect to be in a self supporting community where my posessions are grief free, as I've been in a camouflaged cabin in the snow. You literally couldn't tell it apart from the ground on the map unless you know where it is. Other than that, I'd like to help with building and mining projects.
7) Actually, I don't think I know a single one of them.

1) ispeltzrongd
2) Have you read the town charter? Yes
3) Do you have "Sign Island" priveleges? Not yet
4) Describe your experience with minecraft in general. Have you joined any towns previously? If so, why did you leave them? Yes. I didn't leave Haven? I like killing stuff.
5) Describe your fascination with Eastern culture. I'm Asian
6) What do you expect from Kiyomi as a community? Free stuff
7) Have you interacted with a resident of Kiyomi before? If so, who? Umm no? Actually yeah, Kuchenhorst, when he tried to get me banned by lying.

1) ZEROBIT4
I just expect to be in a self supporting community where my posessions are grief free, as I've been in a camouflaged cabin in the snow. You literally couldn't tell it apart from the ground on the map unless you know where it is. Other than that, I'd like to help with building and mining projects.

Thank you very much for applying, Zerobit. You satisfy the application requirements, so we'll get you invited to our conversation right away.

1) ispeltzrongd
2) Have you read the town charter? Yes
3) Do you have "Sign Island" priveleges? Not yet
4) Describe your experience with minecraft in general. Have you joined any towns previously? If so, why did you leave them? Yes. I didn't leave Haven? I like killing stuff.
5) Describe your fascination with Eastern culture. I'm Asian
6) What do you expect from Kiyomi as a community? Free stuff
7) Have you interacted with a resident of Kiyomi before? If so, who? Umm no? Actually yeah, Kuchenhorst, when he tried to get me banned by lying.

Thank you for applying NinjaDavid. You provided some questionable answers, but we can still invite you to our conversation if you satisfy the requirements. Please go back and read the Kiyomi Charter.

Not that I'm really applying, but I just felt like making a troll answer to Article 5 of your charter.
5) I live there
(If you want this post to be deleted, say so and I'll do so.)

Not that I'm really applying, but I just felt like making a troll answer to Article 5 of your charter.
5) I live there
(If you want this post to be deleted, say so and I'll do so.)

Lol. I approve of your enthusiasm and pride in your heritage, but yes we would rather not have this application thread be taken lightly.

1) Username: FP557s (no deeper sense in this random name)
2) Have you read the town charter? Yes. (Meiji Mura, Nyancat is a poptart)
3) Do you have "Sign Island" priveleges? As far as I know, no.
4) Describe your experience with minecraft in general. I have more singleplayer experiences than multiplayer. Usually I play around with redstone logiks a lot.
Have you joined any towns previously? If so, why did you leave them? No.
5) Describe your fascination with Eastern culture. I like the way the houses look like, they're pretty awesome.
6) What do you expect from Kiyomi as a community? I expect a nice and peacefull community.
7) Have you interacted with a resident of Kiyomi before? If so, who? I am a friend of Redbits. We are studying together and he told me about the server and the town.

1) Username: FP557s (no deeper sense in this random name)
3) As far as I know, no.
7) I am a friend of Redbits. We are studying together and he told me about the server and the town.

Thanks for applying FP557s. You satisfy the requirements. I'll get you invited to our conversation so you can introduce yourself. In the meantime, you should hop on the server and head towards sign island so you can get your permissions.

Forgive me, but my knowledge of 日本語 only goes so far. What does 'kiyomi' mean, exactly?
OMG What a coincidence! Kiyomi means Pure Beauty (as far as one Japanese naming website of questionable credibility goes).
One of the kanji spellings for Kiyomi is 清美 - Pure Beauty. So yes, Lacar, you hit it right on the nail. :)

Your town is very beautiful by the way.

Back